• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
I imagine I've been Iked, but you haven't Bowsercided me yet, or Ganonballed me. :lol Score!
Oh yes, you've been Iked. :D Iking people is the easiest because he can do it with practically every move he has, while Bowser and Ganondorf only have one move each to make people think, "Why did I walk into that?"

CassSept

Omg i just noticed on site that monday update will be the last :(
Following the updates for almost a year now, it was awesome. Feels so sad that its ending now >_>

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
turk128 said:
Less than 24 hours? Already missing it.

Same. :(

Guys I don't know what I'm going to do... we're going to need a support thread after this one closes :lol

Jiggy

The Great and Soon To Be Posted Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak (fully ready to post, in two parts)
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37 (fully ready to post)
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar (fully ready to post)
Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak (fully ready to post)
Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak (fully ready to post)
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (fully ready to post)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian (fully ready to post)
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God (fully ready to post)
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato (fully ready to post)
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri (fully ready to post)
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (fully ready to post)
Posts 30,001-32,500: MrCheez (fully ready to post)
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786 (partly done)
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix (fully ready to post)
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian (fully ready to post)
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude (fully ready to post)
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God (fully ready to post)
Posts 47,501-50,000: Jiggy37 (fully ready to post)
Posts 50,001-52,500: Keru_Shiri (fully ready to post)
Posts 52,501-55,000: Firestorm (fully ready to post)
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37 (fully ready to post)
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37 (fully ready to post)
Posts 60,001+: Jiggy37 (fully ready to post)

Don't worry about it if your section has notes after it. This is just kind of a progress update to let you all know that, yes, I'm getting these sections prepped and ready to post on Monday, rather than waiting until the last moments. (And by "Monday," I don't mean "Monday at 12:01 AM immediately after the final update." I'll do it a little later that day.) Posts 2,501-7,500 were fairly short sections and the formatting should be easy there; I just haven't gotten to them yet. Iam Canadian's latter section is just a matter of cutting out quotes until I can successfully cram the post into the character limit, so no real struggle there either. Same for MrCheez. scottnak's first section shouldn't be a problem for the similar reasons. Whatever the case, be able to take care of all of this by Monday with relatively little trouble; I'd estimate three hours or so should be more than enough to knock out the rest of these.

And, again, we're going with whatever we have. Unfinished sections... well, they can stay unfinished. <_<

I will say one thing: wow, do we ever love our picture posts. :p We might have to get sp0rsk or whoever to tack a "56k no" to the title when this one hits the archive.

truendo said:
I'm confused. What is the whole "Quote Hunt" thing about?
Because this thread is so awesomely huge and historic, when it finally closes come the next Dojo update, we shall relive the vast amount of memories throughout the thread.

truendo

JonathanEx said:
Because this thread is so awesomely huge and historic, when it finally closes come the next Dojo update, we shall relive the vast amount of memories throughout the thread.
I know but what are they all doing?

truendo said:
I know but what are they all doing?

We've been going through a trimming the fat so to speak so that a person that wants to relieve the dojo thread doesn't have to read all 60,000+ posts and instead can read a synopsis with quotes and links to some of the more important moments. We are writing the Dojo threads memoirs.

VeritasVierge said:
Uhh... no.

Can't let you do that, Star Fox. :D

Jiggy

Cocky little freaks! :(

DavidDayton said:
Can't you folks just do multiple posts if your summary is too long?
I could, but at a bare minimum this thing's already going to be 21 posts long (since there are 21 sections of 2,500 posts covered), so I'm trying to avoid it. Besides, the character limit seems to be really--really--high as it is, so any sections that get past that limit could probably stand to have a few things cut. My own included.

Jiggy

We're gonna break through that fleet! >:)
Just finished properly formatting posts 2,501-5,000, and posts 5,001-7,500. PROGRESS!

Jiggy

If anyone happens to know (or can find through a search) what the character limit is for GAF, let me know. I haven't been able to figure it out, which is hindering progress on a couple of these uber-long sections.

Jiggy

Finally got MrCheez's section working. For some reason, the problem there wasn't even so much the character limit (though that was present too) as it was that the word processor screwed up the formatting and was entering extra line breaks all over the place. D:

Now the hard stuff actually begins. D:

Jiggy

Okay, it looks like I'm going to just end up splitting some of these sections into more than one after all. MrCheez's wasn't a problem because I only had to cut two quotes (which were both mine, incidentally) to get it under the character limit, and same is true for on one of my sections.

But for scottnak and Iam Canadian I'd have to take out around 7,000 characters each from what I can tell (I still haven't figured out the exact character limit, but it would be around there). At that point I'd be chopping out lots, so I might as well just leave them in and split the sections. It's not like there's any way around me putting up at least 21 posts anyway, but I guess it'll be more like 24-26 instead.

Edit: Wait a second. :eek: I just found a portion in Canadian's section where people go back and forth on whether Ness is the face of the Mother series, that in and of itself takes up 6173 characters, and happened in the span of less than like 20 posts. Yeah, this one's better left to people just clicking on it. Maybe I can work magic here.

Edit 2: BAM. :D Found a post of mine in his section that takes up 2661 characters. SO GONE. Edit 3: Wait, what. Someone else's post about the way he foresaw Subspace Emissary playing out from the videos we'd seen takes up more than 3200. That thing's going too. D:

Edit 4: Also, I currently lack Alien Soldier, Contra III, Dynamite Headdy, all three Ninja Gaidens, Air Zonk, Pokemon Snap, and Streets of Rage 3. <_< And my Wii code is 2610 7931 9227 5650. >_>

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Edit 4: Also, I currently lack Alien Soldier, Contra III, Dynamite Headdy, all three Ninja Gaidens, Air Zonk, Pokemon Snap, and Streets of Rage 3. <_< And my Wii code is 2610 7931 9227 5650. >_>

Y...you don't have Alien Soldier or Contra III? (Don't worry about Dynamite Headdy, it's not really worth it.)

Well...I'll be buying some points later this week so I can get Mega Turrican and Fantasy Zone...

MrCheez

I still can't believe we never got the original Smash Bros on the VC.

The VC has been disappointing me for a long time now... sure it's better than nothing, but it's been ages since they've released anything new that I even remotely care about. :p

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
I still can't believe we never got the original Smash Bros on the VC.

The VC has been disappointing me for a long time now... sure it's better than nothing, but it's been ages since they've released anything new that I even remotely care about. :p

You need to realize the majesty of Turrican...and Do-Re-Mi Fantasy...and Lords of Thunder. :p

Fenix

Iam Canadian said:
Y...you don't have Alien Soldier or Contra III? (Don't worry about Dynamite Headdy, it's not really worth it.)

Well...I'll be buying some points later this week so I can get Mega Turrican and Fantasy Zone...

Whaaaaaaat?

(It's been years since I've played it, so I'm probably wrong... but still... good memories....)

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
You need to realize the majesty of Turrican...and Do-Re-Mi Fantasy...and Lords of Thunder. :p

Hmmm but are they as majestic as games like Super Smash Bros 64, Mario Kart SNES, and.... get ready for it my Canadian friend...

Earthbound
? :O

Iam Canadian said:

Tsk tsk tsk. Dynamite Headdy is awesome, but as I haven't gotten Turrican yet, you have something to tsk about as well.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
I still haven't figured out the exact character limit, but it would be around there
It's right around 24,100 characters per post, going by my hassles with the Sonic music thread.

crowphoenix said:
Can't let you do that, Star Fox. :D
You have no idea how hard I've been trying to get phrases like "Do a barrel roll" out of my head the last couple weeks after just 1 hour of playing SF64 for the first time since like 10 years. This thread certainly isn't helping now.

BTW Crow, which Crow are you on my SSBB list? I've got 2 and I have no idea which one you are.

VeritasVierge said:
You have no idea how hard I've been trying to get phrases like "Do a barrel roll" out of my head the last couple weeks after just 1 hour of playing SF64 for the first time since like 10 years. This thread certainly isn't helping now.

Do a barrel roll pops into my head most days. I've just come to accept it as part of my general insanity. It helps fend off the love deprevation experiment being preformed by SEGA.

Now it's our turn to kick some tail!

Edit: I've got the Sonic icon and the Shine Brightly message. The other must be Sacrecrow, who I need to brawl with at some point.

Jiggy

Yay, Jiggy's section from 57,501-60,000 completed and ready to go. Everybody broke down as we had waited through those final few hours before the Japanese release. :eek:

MrCheez said:
Hmmm but are they as majestic as games like Super Smash Bros 64, Mario Kart SNES, and....
Well, totally different genres, but DoReMi Fantasy is the third best pure platformer on SNES. Behind Yoshi's Island and DKC2, ahead of Super Mario World. :D

VeritasVierge said:
Is that any way to greet a girl?

Iam Canadian

MrCheez said:
Hmmm but are they as majestic as games like Super Smash Bros 64, Mario Kart SNES, and.... get ready for it my Canadian friend...

Earthbound
? :O

Nothing is as majestic as Earthbound.

Nothing.

crowphoenix said:
Tsk tsk tsk. Dynamite Headdy is awesome, but as I haven't gotten Turrican yet, you have something to tsk about as well.

Eh. I really wanted to like Dynamite Headdy, but I just couldn't really get into it. It's not a bad platformer, but it just didn't really grab me. For a Treasure game, it was somewhat disappointing. :/

"You can't beat me! I've got a better ship!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom