• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
GamerSoul said:
You know all those item/pokemon/special moves updates........they were worth it.

:lol :lol I just remembered that SSE cloud theory episode. wtf?
What's funny is the result of the theory turned out true, even if it was based on jumping to conclusions.

GamerSoul

ShockingAlberto said:
What's funny is the result of the theory turned out true, even if it was based on jumping to conclusions.

I'm trying to track down that pic again. I was a nonbeliever :p

there we go

modea01_070720j-l.jpg

:p I'm kinda seeing Ganon, the other two I can make out.

I'd thought i'd add this too, since it falls into the same category
modea02_070803j-l.jpg

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Left side for life. D: No matter how awesome R.O.B is, I've got to go with my Mother heroes.

Oh, and Cheez, if when Nintendo hires you as a trophy renderer for Super Smash Bros. Strife in 2015, you've got to model me a Giygas trophy, okay? :p

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I wish I wasn't so lazy I had more free-time, there are soooo many Nintendo characters (especially obscure ones) that I'd love to model. :O

Iam Canadian said:
Oh, and Cheez, if when Nintendo hires you as a trophy renderer for Super Smash Bros. Strife in 2015, you've got to model me a Giygas trophy, okay? :p

What did Giygas even look like again? My memory is really really bad... wasn't he an enormous scary thing?

(Also Strife is a great name for a Smash sequel)

Jiggy37 said:
If MrCheez made the models for a 3D game, even I would buy it.

Thanks Jiggs :D

We should work on an indie game... I'll make the models and you can do all the writing -- especially for eccentric female characters or characters with multiple personality disorders! :D

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
Quirky characters are definitely my specialty. :D I don't think I know how to write realism.

We are definitely careening off topic, but I've wondered this for awhile and I have to ask really quick...

Do you have any of your creative writing online? I'd love to check out some of it... I'd like to consider myself already a fan of your writing... seeing as how I've read through so much of it during the last few months in this thread ;)

Iam Canadian

You're not the only one who's been wondering that, Cheez, I'd like to see myself.

Also, my Dojo section is nearing completion: post 38,900 and counting! :D UP UNTIL NOW.

MrCheez

I quoted you quite a bit in my section, Canadian. Most of them consisted of you worrying about Ness' inclusion. :D

Iam Canadian

Worrying? I didn't worry. I BELIEVED. :D

No, but there were times I honestly was concerned that Ness might be cut. Still, it's nice to not have to worry at all now. And it's immensely satisfying to team Ness and Lucas up...or even pit them against each other.

MrCheez

Well, I can vouch for that. I think I have at least two separate quotes of you specifically proclaiming "BELIEVE!" :lol

The days of wondering/predicting/arguing over character inclusions/exclusions seem like they were so long ago... It will be interesting to relive them with the final Dojo Quote Extravaganza!

You know what would be an awesome Mondayton? Europe release date.

ahahahahahahahaha never gonna happen, I doubt NoE have realised the Dojo exists yet, let alone is stopping updating.

Jiggy

The Great and Over 70% Done Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar
Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak

Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (40% done)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix
Posts 30,001-32,500: MrCheez

Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786 (partly done)
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000: Jiggy37
Posts 50,001-52,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 52,501-55,000: Firestorm
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37

Posts 60,001+: Jiggy37 (covered through 62,431)

Well, this thing definitely isn't going to hit 100%, but that's okay. We'll get a pretty great representation in the end with the ~80% we should reach.

MrCheez said:
We are definitely careening off topic, but I've wondered this for awhile and I have to ask really quick...

Do you have any of your creative writing online? I'd love to check out some of it... I'd like to consider myself already a fan of your writing... seeing as how I've read through so much of it during the last few months in this thread ;)
Hmm, I'll send you and Iam Canadian PMs.

Incidentally, I really don't know of any site where I could put up stories while keeping some kind of decent privacy lock, so if anyone else knows, I'd be open to hear about them. >_> I can honestly say I'm paranoid enough about this stuff to have sent all my writing in to the US Copyright Office and paid their crazy fee. <_< Which was $30 at the time; I think it's like $45 now, but obviously I wouldn't put up anything I haven't registered yet.

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
Incidentally, I really don't know of any site where I could put up stories while keeping some kind of decent privacy lock, so if anyone else knows, I'd be open to hear about them. >_> I can honestly say I'm paranoid enough about this stuff to have sent all my writing in to the US Copyright Office and paid their crazy fee. <_< Which was $30 at the time; I think it's like $45 now, but obviously I wouldn't put up anything I haven't registered yet.

I've actually been writing a fantasy novel for the past year and I hope to finish it one day, and I too have wanted to post it on the internet in the past (or even on GAF or something, for crits) but declined due to worrying about plagiarism.

However at the same time, I thought that once you write something down it is automatically considered copyrighted, and you could take extra (free) measures to protect yourself such as mailing yourself a sealed version. So do you really have to go through the Copyright Office? Having to pay $45 would stink :p

Edit: In other (on-topic) news: tonight's update is late! :lol

Jiggy

Late update. Megaton incoming again? :O

MrCheez said:
However at the same time, I thought that once you write something down it is automatically considered copyrighted and you could take extra (free) measures to protect yourself such as mailing a sealed version to yourself. So do you really have to go through the Copyright Office?
Says their website:

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”
And I needs my rights to sues the chumps. :eek: Other stuff:

Why should I register my work if copyright protection is automatic?
Registration is recommended for a number of reasons. Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within 5 years of publication, it is considered prima facie evidence in a court of law. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration” and Circular 38b, Highlights of Copyright Amendments Contained in the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), on non-U.S. works.

I’ve heard about a “poor man’s copyright.” What is it?
The practice of sending a copy of your own work to yourself is sometimes called a “poor man’s copyright.” There is no provision in the copyright law regarding any such type of protection, and it is not a substitute for registration.

MrCheez

Interesting, I'll have to research that further.

But anyway, yeah, if you want to PM anything my way I'd be happy to read it. Maybe in the future I could send you some of my stuff... I'd love to have a buddy to do writing/editing exchanges with :D

Tonight's update better not be three hours late like last night. I already pledged that yesterday's update was the last time I'd ever pull an all-nighter for the Dojo :p

kamikaze

MrCheez said:
Tonight's update better not be three hours late like last night. I already pledged that yesterday's update was the last time I'd ever pull an all-nighter for the Dojo :p

how many all-nighters have you done already? what's two more. :D

doh, looks like you won't have to. more screens!

etc02_080411_020-l.jpg

:D

MrCheez

Hey, I was expecting this update for Monday (the last update).

Does that mean we should expect a Mondayton? :O

Firestorm

Nate seems to want to re-iterate:

Please understand that snapshots depicting inappropriate content or containing inappropriate comments will not be eligible for selection.

To this point, I’ve received a great number of screenshots that focus on peeking at the undergarments of certain Brawl combatants. So let me just say it again—shots like these will never be posted to the Dojo or sent out to users via the Smash Service.

:lol

MrCheez

Did you guys notice the text at the bottom? :lol :lol :lol

Sakurai/Nate said:
To this point, I’ve received a great number of screenshots that focus on peeking at the undergarments of certain Brawl combatants. So let me just say it again—shots like these will never be posted to the Dojo or sent out to users via the Smash Service.

Edit: Beaten. But it's so hilarious it deserves to be posted twice!

"To this point, I’ve received a great number of screenshots that focus on peeking at the undergarments of certain Brawl combatants. So let me just say it again—shots like these will never be posted to the Dojo or sent out to users via the Smash Service."

MrCheez

zomg my Candy Olimar made a cameo in one of the screens!

etc02_080411_088-l.jpg

Too bad he's getting owned :p

Some of these are really cute:

etc02_080411_093-l.jpg

etc02_080411_091-l.jpg

Also:

etc02_080411_001-l.jpg

The last 2 updates are freaking awsome and Im looking through the screens now and I wish we get to see those cut scenes on Monday.

Its all come down to this.

The next update is the update to end them all!

:(

Well....cant wait to SSB4's dojo :D

MrCheez

Make sure you guys check out the Japanese collection too... some of them are hilarious

etc02_080411_024-l.jpg

etc02_080411_031-l.jpg

wtf? :lol

etc02_080411_039-l.jpg

oh my!

Iam Canadian

etc02_080411_065-l.jpg

All I can say is: epic.

Somewhere, Masked Man was made a very happy masked man. :D

etc02_080411_089-l.jpg

There's avatar potential in this one, I think.

Dreavus

Last update on Monday? Crap.

We're down to the last few, and I missed yesterday's! Damn exam week =(

Just commenting on yesterday's update... why didn't they include all this backstory in the game somehow? It seems kind of odd how some major plot points (In a smash bros game? What am I saying?! :lol nonetheless...) were just plain left out. Maybe they could have put these in the descriptions/background of the movies when you watch them in the vault?

MrCheez

Lucas taking a whiz?? :lol

etc02_080411_067-l.jpg

and this one... :lol

etc02_080411_066-l.jpg

Wow I wish we could get this sort of thing weekly. so awesome

MisterHero

QuickKick89 said:
"To this point, I’ve received a great number of screenshots that focus on peeking at the undergarments of certain Brawl combatants. So let me just say it again—shots like these will never be posted to the Dojo or sent out to users via the Smash Service."

He's a dirty filthy liar.

etc02_080411_074-l.jpg

Rindain

Banned
Rindain said:
Wednesday: All Stickers
Thursday: Snapshots Galore!, Part 2
Friday: Tabuu
Monday: DLC Megaton
I've called the past three days correctly (there was a big focus on Tabuu in last night's update)...can I make it 4 for 4?!? We'll see on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom