• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Illl probably check it out some day. But first things first Does Ren ever find out who Bo the chicken is? The best scenes in the show for me and i remember asking if she keeps the suit and I was fist pumping when she brought in the last few episodes.

How far does Kyoko go? Like she's a legit star by the end of the anime with multiple TV roles. And it makes me wonder how exactly does Sho continue to fit in. Also obviously does the romance progress? Even though i liked that fact that Kyoko wasn't a typical shoujo heroine who falls head over heels in love and their relationship was built more on respect than love, it's obviously still there somewhere. And finally have they fully disclosed Ren and Kyoko's pasts?

she gets a couple more roles but do to how plain she is without make no one knows who she is often. Sho eventually becomes a romantic rival. The romance does progress but kyoko isnt quite sure of her feelings while ren is and sho mostly is. Ren doesnt know who the chicken is. Rens past is covered, kyokos is currently being covered. Both are depressing. I can go into more detail in 2 hours or so when i am not on mobile.

edit: I did want to leave you with one spoiler image.

Image of a later role of kyoko

Mailbox

Okay, I'm gonna start watching Green Green now.

After that I plan on watching "Love Love?" and then Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo(I actually started this one but quit after episode 2...)

I may not be the same after this. That said I did watch Vampire holmes and Diabolik lovers back to back and survived, so maybe I'll live...

People, start suggesting horrible anime I should watch.

sonicmj1

God Eater 12

Alisa's character development in this show has just been consistently awful, and solving her apparently severe issues with a three sentence pep talk makes her even more awful.

I'm kind of worried about where this is going to end now. The show's invested a ton in building up Lenka into the coolest, most awesome dude in the world, which is one of its bigger writing weaknesses. Considering Lenka seems like the only thing that's going to be conclusive about this series, I don't think I'm going to end up happy.

World Trigger Episode 71
Cd9FrUkXIAEDrEM.jpg

Enedorad watching these movies was intriguing though when youre in that Rad body theres not much else one could do for fun.

The Hyuse part is compelling to watch. Its so intriguing to see him still trying to fit in into normal meedan life but to also be the center of attention either for the Aftokrator part or for the join Mikumo team part.

Hyuse chopsticks scene along with Hyuse "say thanks after eating" scene were good, some served to only increase the run time but it was better than getting recap.

Fans got into the spirit too.
Cd88XT6UsAE3N7r.jpg

Cornbread78

Okay, I'm gonna start watching Green Green now.

After that I plan on watching "Love Love?" and then Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo(I actually started this one but quit after episode 2...)

I may not be the same after this. That said I did watch Vampire holmes and Diabolik lovers back to back and survived, so maybe I'll live...

People, start suggesting horrible anime I should watch.

I may have made a huge mistake

It's like you didn't learn from my exploits last week. Just watch the last 4 episodes and ep.13 for well, just watch it..

Oh and for crap, go watch Akikan and Yosuga no Sora.

JulianImp

A live action Higurashi starring Tomitake... that could work, maybe. Gotta be better than the live action movies at least.

I find it really hard to get used to live action adaptations, mostly since the overly stylized anime drawings are nothing like real people, and that creates a huge disconnect. The actor playing Keiichi's part being 23 years old also rubs me the wrong way, but then again there's probably no way they'd use actors that'd have similar ages to Keiichi and co because they're all freaking young and things get gore-ish quick.

Focusing on Tomitake rather than on the kid's side of the stroy sounds like a good way to narrate a slightly different story and explore some new stuff, or at least explore preexisting plotlines from his point of view instead of Keiichi's.

Thoraxes

Hope that Viz releases the 2012 Jojo's anime (Parts 1 and 2) on BD. Might actually be possible, since they have a pretty close relationship with Warner (who handles distribution for all of Viz's titles).
I pray for a real Jojo BD release unlike that DVD garbage Warner tried to do.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's like you didn't learn from my exploits last week. Just watch the last 4 episodes and ep.13 for well, just watch it..

Oh and for crap, go watch Akikan and Yosuga no Sora.

lmao I just found old screencaps I took of this show years ago.

Mailbox

Green Green 1-6

To be fair, i'm only really half watching this. I'm also drawing at the same time.

That said, yeah this is some shitty shit anime. its just dumb and gross honestly.
that is until episode 6 happens and they show 3 guys hallucinating and basically having a threesome with each other...

I did not need to see that...

Onward to the second half.

Koyomimono 11

vcUwDjtg.jpg
45uW6Bj.jpg

end game confirmed?

wtf was up with the voice acting in the first scene? Was it supposed to sound so goofy?

Gonna assume what Kagunei meant by "they" is either the rest of Gaen's group, Dramaturgie or something Oshino Meme got into.

Jarmel

Banned
Mr. Robot is just like my Chinese cartoons.

-Monologues
-Harem
-Man with social anxiety is the protoganist
-Fujobait
-Childhood friends

Is Shaft funding the show?

Mr. Robot is just like my Chinese cartoons.

-Monologues
-Harem
-Man with social anxiety is the protoganist
-Fujobait
-Childhood friends

Is Shaft funding the show?

When was the last time Shaft made a harem show outside of finishing the long Monogatari series now.

I guess you can count Denpa Onna. Edit: I just realize that I banned Nisekoi from my memories.

zulux21

Holy that's straight up a Nana design

yup, Ren also looks great in the arc. there are some odd things going on but it makes for some great situational comedy. (sadly even if we against all odds got a second arc of skip beat you wouldn't see that animated as it's like 4 or 5 major arcs away if not more.)

Personally I would recommend reading the manga, but if you wanted anymore answers before reading I can give them. Such as why Kyoko doesn't have a good relationship with her mother.

Mailbox

Aincrad IRL looks like a shitty steam early access game

Green Green 7-9

Did... did he literally just get raped by a bear?

wtf

Edit: is it implied she got raped by monkeys? Wtf is with this show..

i remember when i used to like nisekoi

Nisekoi actually was pretty good starting out, yeah. Then things slowed down HARD. It's so funny though, in the manga the plot starting moving along SUPER fast now, and I don't really like it. Naoshi Komi can't make anyone happy.

Qurupeke

Koyomimonogatari 11

GJ42dvD.png
ZBA3Qeu.png

The highlight of the episode was Tsukihi playing with Yotsugi.

Karen is dumb. At least she grows her ponytail again. Hmm, I'm not sure if this episode was called Koyomi Nothing because there was no mystery to solve or because nothing was achieved at the end.

Mailbox

Green Green main series [END]
777f614682ff564dc317f379bf44fa5098d25c6e_hq.gif

Okay, I'm not gonna get into the specifics of this show since I only really paid real attention during the last few episodes.

I'll just say this, the stuff involving the 3 idiots (which is a majority of the screen time) is shit of the highest caliber. Its crass, pointless, and horrible. Beyond Juvenile.

Petty excuse for ecchi or comedy.

None of the characters outside of the main 4 (that being the love triangle and the cockblock) have much to do with anything, and honestly the show suffers every minute they are on screen (which is, again, the vast majority of the time.)

Then you have the love triangle story line. It doesn't really kick in properly until the later episodes and even then it just feels like a very bad and blatant VN. You can hear from the dialogue someone making flag choices. It felt lazily done tbh.

Lets get into how fucking stupid the premise is though. So you have 2 lovers who kill themselves, they are reincarnated, one in the future and one in the present, the one in the future goes back in time to be with her love, but there's another girl he might have his eye on.

VN tripe.

honestly, the only good thing this series gave me was that I was able to finish my Spring avatar. That was nice.

You'd think that'd be it, right...
theres only 12 episodes.... right?
well, I saw this part of Cornbreads post....

So I did...

Green Green Episode 13 (OVA)
Enj9XeV.gif

I hate you Cornbread. I hate myself for not checking the genre titling on MAL, but I still hate you.

SO!
Okay, let me run you though this.

This is a legit sequel to the series, set a few months after the original.
It starts off normal enough. Dumb ass trio being shitty and bogging everything down as usual.

But then... Suddenly...

Blowjob.
Lesbian kiss scene
Missionary Sex.

Yeah, the sequel episode to Green Green is (softcore)Hentai.

And I checked, made by the same studio and everything.
It was so sudden a shift too.

I was sitting there awestruck when it happened. A head bobbing up and down so suddenly. No warning. I had to make sure I was watching the correct thing at first. Then it just kept going. Thank goodness the MC is a quick shooter.

That was...
I didn't need that...

I'm gonna go read Gakuen Babysitters and get my mind off this piece of shit.
Cute chibi babies should help.
Kinda like puppy therapy or something.

Until I next awaken,
c9554621f1e1e83c60ea471215d2f00350b3a96d_hq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom