• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
The trailer did not confirm at the time the presence of the Wario Chopper as an actual move in gameplay, just like I said. Try again.

And Jeeeezus, I did not say they wouldn't be in the game? Are you even reading what I'm saying, at all? All I said was, "these features that have been shown may or may not be actual gameplay and that we have no way of knowing for sure yet."

Did you read this time?
Denial.jpg

Okay, let me try to explain this one more time.

In that same trailer, Samus changes into ZSS after she shoots a big beam. By your logic, this confirms that this is how it will work in gameplay. By my logic, that is a possibility, but we can't know for sure how the characters will work yet.

That's why when someone says, "Samus transforms into Zamus after shooting her Final Smash Blaster Beam!" I respond by saying, "That is one possibility, but ultimately we do not know for sure yet! That sequence might have been just a cinematic to introduce the character. We'll have to wait and see."

Then, by your logic, if Sakurai confirmed Monday that Samus transforms into ZSS after shooting her Final Smash, it would be my turn to eat crow...?

See? :D If you're not getting it now, you never will.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
WastingPenguins said:

In that same trailer, Samus changes into ZSS after she shoots a big beam. By your logic, this confirms that this is how it will work in gameplay. By my logic, that is a possibility, but we can't know for sure how the characters will work yet.

That's why when someone says, "Samus transforms into Zamus after shooting her Final Smash Blaster Beam!" I respond by saying, "That is one possibility, but ultimately we do not know for sure yet! That sequence might have been just a cinematic to introduce the character. We'll have to wait and see."

Then, by your logic, if Sakurai confirmed Monday that Samus transforms into ZSS after shooting her Final Smash, it would be my turn to eat crow...?

See? :D If you're not getting it now, you never will.
Give it up! Your "Final Smashes may have been cut" argument was pure speculation to begin with, you then made that Wario Cycle comment just to be ridiculous. You've been owned by your own straw-man, now take your licks like a man.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
WastingPenguins said:

No, their point is that in the absence of other confirmation or denial, it's a better assumption to make that the trailer represents the game than that it doesn't.

We don't know if Samus -> ZSS works like it does in the trailer. We don't know anything about ZSS. But until we do, the evidence we have is the trailer and it makes no sense to just yell "TRAILER IS NOT PROOF".

Zeed

Banned
Talladega Knight said:
WastingPenguins:

Inconvenient Truth[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol

Perfect!

I'm kind of surprised that WastingPenguins seems physically unable to admit he was absolutely, categorically, as well as hilariously wrong. He seemed more mature than that to me, but there is simply [I]no way[/I] to explain away his little sarcastic jib (and he doesn't even try to, he just ignores it).

[IMG]http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/52/88/23168852.jpg

As for the ZSS issue, I'm a bit skeptical of drawing too many conclusions from that particular segment. Here's why:

Firstly, while Samus does unleash a huge energy blast, it is not done during the same sequences as the Final Smashes, and what's more Samus doesn't glow orange in that scene - the trademark of Final Smashers. The evidence here supports both possibilities (rather than simply showcasing a feature), so we really actually don't have any idea of how it'll go.

Secondly, even if unleashing Samus' Final Smash turns her into ZSS, it would make no sense for that to be the only way to do so. Turning off Smash Balls would essentially disable the entire ZSS character, which seems like a huge waste. My theory is that the Final Smash may trigger the transformation, but if so there will be other ways (perhaps her new Down-B?) as well.

An immedeately observable feature from that segment that cannot be reasonably disputed without additonal evidence is that Samus transforms into Zero Suit Samus. This has since been confirmed.

Firestorm

Son of Godzilla said:
That'd be a beautiful **** you to the itemless crowd.

Not really. Nobody will mind. If each character has a unique item, it isn't random anymore so they'd be perfectly happy with using them. It'd be like Peach and her turnips. Or Young Link and his bombs. You don't think very much =(

And someone save that crow picture Zeed posted in case Sheik is confirmed :D

Firestorm

Oh, and anyone else think the motorcycle attack is going to stink? =( It seems like it'll be really laggy to use. And from the looks of it, it might even give your opponent a chance to use it once it's summoned!

Firestorm

Son of Godzilla said:
This, coming from someone who doesn't think I thought of that! I'm rubber, your glue, neener neener neener, etc.

Anyways, no one noticed? The shadows are back!

They were always back.
I think... I remember someone pointing out "OMG NO SHADOWS" when they were fighting under the shadow of a huge building on Delphino.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
MasterMFauli said:
BUT: I REALLY doubt that Samus will turn into ZSS by using the final smash.
That way you´d probably see ZSS. Either down+B-transformation or she´s her own character.

Samus transforms after Final Smash.
ZSS is also selectable in the character menu.

Thats what I think.

Firestorm said:
Oh, and anyone else think the motorcycle attack is going to stink? =( It seems like it'll be really laggy to use. And from the looks of it, it might even give your opponent a chance to use it once it's summoned!

It says you can jump off after you've let it out. Maybe it could continue on its course after you jump off? It could be a good way of getting your opponent to jump and be vulnerable in the air. We don't really know exactly how it works though.

Somnid

To me it sounds more like Zeed got lucky and is milking it for all it's worth. Be careful man, it might come back to bite you as well.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Zeed said:
Samus transforms into Zero Suit Samus. This has since been confirmed.

Eh.. I wouldn't call it confirmed. All we've heard is "Under certain conditions, Samus will take off her suit and become Zero Suit Samus!"

This doesn't HAVE to mean she transforms during battle... what if it's referring to outside of battle (like, from a story standpoint). It could simply be a way of saying that Zero Suit Samus is an unlockable character.

I'm not saying ZSSamus won't be a transformation, I'm just saying I still think it's up in the air. (My personal prediction is that she is a separate character, though.)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Brobzoid said:
I hope wario isn't a slow ****er like Bowser in melee. THey shouldn't make characters useless by crippling them so :(
Bowser's probably always going to be either the worst or one of the worst characters in Smash Bros, since they'll always gimp his speed :lol

Edit: and even if ZSS is a Samus transformation, I can guarantee you that if you hold A (or whatever your default normal attack button is) when the fight starts, you'll transform.

I highly doubt that they'd take out Samus' bombs, though. That would be like taking out falco's lasers or fox's shine, in terms of practicality as a popular special move for a character, not to mention the fact that Samus Aran without her bombs in a fighting game doesn't seem right.

What I do find stupid is how some of you guys are speaking as if this stuff is confirmed and set in stone. Seriously, the "I'm right, and you're wrong!" mentaility is that of a prepubescent child. I'm sure I've stooped to it, myself, but this is ridiculous.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wasting Penguins: You're rewriting history. You're now saying that you suggested the trailer may or may not offer proof of gameplay mechanics -- most pertinently, the Wario Cycle. But your original post asked if the Wario Cycle would be ridable, to which you answered your own question with a definitive "no."

You proceeded to sarcastically declare your anxiousness to ride said Cycle in the final game, inferring that such an action would not be possible.

You have been proven wrong. The Wario Cycle is in the game and it's ridable. This constitutes a situation where you are consuming prolific quantities of crow.

Keep in mind that you didn't infer the possibility of the Cycle's nonexistence, but rather firmly declared it would not exist. You have no grounds to argue otherwise based on posts you've made here. No one arguing with you is a troll with deaf ears, as you say -- on the contrary, we seem quite aware of the situation.

Zeed

Banned
Somnid said:
To me it sounds more like Zeed got lucky and is milking it for all it's worth. Be careful man, it might come back to bite you as well.
If I ever have to eat crow (for instance, if the Shiek/Zelda mechanic remains unchanged), you can bet I'll admit it. Personally, I think that if Shiek returns at all it will be as her (his?) own character.

mugwhump

Son of Godzilla said:
That'd be a beautiful **** you to the itemless crowd.
Observing all the smash bros. arguments from the sidelines, I've always been surprised at how vicious the anti-elitist elitists are. Espesially Moku, that guy was downright mean. :(

I wonder how much drama this thread will stir up before the actual release of the game... Ah well - that is the nature of virtual forums ( and hot topics in general ).

I thought about the addition of Wario's motorcycle, and I am not certain whether I have confidence in its implimentation. It might be a cool move, but when the 'cycle has been dispatched, is it up for grabs ( as it seems to be ), and if so, then for how long? I don't want Smash to become a 'vehicle-fest', after all. ;o

justchris

superbank said:
So at this point I'm going to say anything in the first trailer should be taken at face value. Too many things have become true.

- Puppy item
- Smash Ball is an item you need to grab to execute a devastating move (Revealed)
- Mario Final Smash: Mario Finale (Revealed)
- Link Final Smash: Triforce Slash (Revealed)
- Kirby Final Smash: Cook
- Meta Knight B/Down B: Invisible Cloak
- Samus Final Smash: KA-ME-HA-ME-HA!!
- Samus turns into ZSS after using her Final Smash
Gameplay speculation: If you die after you've turned into ZSS you will come back into the fight as Samus. Anyone who plays as Samus probably doesn't want to be ZSS. Or maybe the devs will decide to leave her like that as punishment since the Kamehameha Wave appears to be an extremely quick and powerful move.
- Wario Chopper (Revealed)
- Wario Final Smash: Nuclear Fart
- Snake has a bucket

Fixed?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm.. does anyone have all those audio clips as MP3 files available in one place? I thought we had them all linked in the initial post, but it looks like just the Zelda one is... and I can't figure out how to get GAF's seach to locate individual messages.

Zeed

Banned
DavidDayton said:
Hmm.. does anyone have all those audio clips as MP3 files available in one place? I thought we had them all linked in the initial post, but it looks like just the Zelda one is... and I can't figure out how to get GAF's seach to locate individual messages.
f_Searchm_30f426c.png

Or, alternatively, and probably a better method in this case...

f_ThisThreadm_83d3690.png

dfyb

Banned
i hope near the end of their weekday updates, they also do them over the weekend. it's annoying waiting for the week to start :lol

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Hero said:
I wonder if Mario will get a kart racer to zoom around in.

:lol Personal vehicles will be a rare occurrence. Probably only 1 other character will have one. Wario might be the only character crazy enough to pull a motorcycle out of thin air on the battlefield, he might be the only one.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I haven't been following gaming news properly for a long time now, so this was the first time Ive visited this thread. I'm so impressed with what Ive seen, it looks amazing!

EktorPR

The only thing it lacks right now, is confirmation of online play and release date. Even without the former, I'm sure this game will break heads come this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom