• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talladega Knight said:
And how many games has Mario used his cape in?

Super Mario World (more than 15 million copies sold), Super Mario Advance 4 (a few million copies).

And the fart is referenced - not in gameplay, but in scenarios and such - in WarioWare games and Wario MoD. The entire Wario Land/Ware series might actually have sold less than Super Mario World by itself.

I say again, Wario's moveset better have SOMETHING related to Wario's abilities, not his mannerisms. I accepted the fart, but only if it doesn't erase REAL signature Wario moves.

Shinobix said:
I don't see any problem with *made-up* moves. See Captain Falcon?

And besides, Wario DOES fart in many games.

I see Captain Falcon, who HAS no moves outside of SSB.

Stop acting as if Wario is even remotely similar to Captain Falcon in this situation.

RagnarokX

Terrell said:
Funny, I don't remember Peach's hips being able to deliver fiery explosions at any point in time when Melee was released.... after Super Princess Peach, it makes sense, but it sure didn't at the time. And how about, oh I dunno, Fox having the capacity to become a moving ball of fire, Luigi having a sort of horizontal dive-bomber technique, CAPTAIN F***ING FALCON?!
Seriously, this is not a campaign that you'll find any sympathy for, methinks.
Actually I believe green missile to be based on the power squat ability in SMB2. You could squat down to build power for a higher jump. That's basically what he does in green missile except he aims it horizontally. At least, that's the way I always interpretted that move.

Talladega Knight said:
Same game. And sales have what to do with your point?

SMA4 = SMB3.

And let's see...

Less than 15 million people have owned a Wario game.

More than 15 million have played Super Mario World.

Farts are a minor, side thing seen in Wario games.

Cape Feather is seen early in the game and is hard to miss.

VegaShinra

A Link to the Snitch said:
SMA4 = SMB3.

And let's see...

7113.jpeg

SMA4 = SMB3.

And let's see...

He also has a fart move in Super Mario Strikers. So that's two games.

VegaShinra said:

And that image is relevant at all?

Farts aren't even a major part of his mannerisms.

Even IF the character is WarioWare's Wario, many, many characters combine generations in their movesets.

Mario's Cape Feather is fourth gen, Fire Flower is first gen.

Talladega Knight said:
He also has a fart move in Super Mario Strikers. So that's two games.

A side game. Waluigi has a move which creates a body of water which he swims in - but I wouldn't say to give him that in his moveset.

Again, no matter if it's a part of Wario, it's not even 1/100th of Wario's status power-ups.

VegaShinra

Wario's the greatest character conceived and warrants a moveset which represents him in full.
Wario isn't a great character. Why make Wario awesome? He farts in games so he farts in this. Who cares?

VegaShinra said:
Wario isn't a great character. Why make Wario awesome? He farts in games so he farts in this. Who cares?

If he farted in any of the first four Wario Land games, then I definitely missed it.

Wario's infinitely more interesting in his games than Mario is in his own.

And on top of that, the games are some of the coolest and most inventive platformers, especially on handhelds.

VegaShinra said:
QFT.

I find Warios character in this game especially to be damn childish. Farting? lol. And people think it's so funny or something. It's immature I think.

But that's just my opinion. I won't ever use him as my character but I'm sure others will.

VegaShinra said:
You are defending a fake person. You sound offended that Wario farts.

You're insulting a fake person.[/response]

Would you make the effort to point out when someone complains about a minor aspect of any other character being used over a major one?

Talladega Knight said:
Hey I know, Wario wasn't able to die in one of those Wario Land games. Maybe he should be indestructible in SBB.

Are you stupid or something? That is the most idiotic retort you can possibly make. Your fake suggestion = game-breaking. Mine = isn't. So comparison = stupid.

Was that actually supposed to show anything?

Hunahan

Banned
I'm so torn whether I should stop looking to leave the rest as a surprise, or whether I should give in to my curiosity and continue staring at these updates.

Game is looking so damn good. I really hope they've figured out their supply problems by the time it releases, because this is definately going to be a game I want to buy a Wii for.

*looks at other characters*

*sees some semblance of the character's video game history in their moves*

*sees no fart in Wario's history*

How hard is it to make a moveset consisting of ANYTHING Wario's done? Shoulder charge? Jet Wario? Drunk Wario? Puffy-Faced Wario? Dragon Wario? Fire Wario? Bull Wario? Fat Wario? Frozen Wario? Bubble Wario? Zombie Wario? Vampire Wario? Flat Wario? Yarn Wario? Snowball Wario? Genius Wario? Dragon Cap Wario? Cosmic Wario? Arty Wario? Wicked Wario? Sparky Wario? Captain Wario? Bouncy Wario? Electric Wario? Invisible Wario? Tiny Wario? Thief Wario? Butt stomp? Item/enemy throw?

There is no reason for them to have excluded anything resembling a Wario technique/move/ability, considering how many the developers had to choose from.

I WAS going to have Wario be my top character, but not when he's basically the appearance of Wario and absolutely nothing other than that.

well, the Wario they decided to put in the game is totally based on the Warioware Wario, I would have much rather had the Wario Land Wario, but whatever. I wouldent be surprized if his B move was a random 1-9 type thing like Game and Watch had.

personally, I think Wario would have been best like this:

Forward B = Shoulder Charge
Up B = balloon/fat wario (mix of Mario's movie and Warios, but whatever)
Down B = change hat (changing your hat changes your B move)
B (Dragon Hat) = flame
B (Jet Hat) = dash in air
B (Spike Hat) = charge vert jump

Shinobix said:
Everybody knows Wario farts.

Wario also eats hot dogs until he's completely immobile and picks his nose to the point where he can reach his brain.

Linkzg said:
well, the Wario they decided to put in the game is totally based on the Warioware Wario, I would have much rather had the Wario Land Wario, but whatever. I wouldent be surprized if his B move was a random 1-9 type thing like Game and Watch had.

personally, I think Wario would have been best like this:

Forward B = Shoulder Charge
Up B = balloon/fat wario (mix of Mario's movie and Warios, but whatever)
Down B = change hat (changing your hat changes your B move)
B (Dragon Hat) = flame
B (Jet Hat) = dash in air
B (Spike Hat) = charge vert jump

I want a perspective that covers his lifespan - Wario Land and WarioWare.

For doing what everyone else is - that is, complaining about updates. Difference is that my complaint is based on the outcome of the game, while everyone else is complaining that about updates.

I want an interesting Wario. I don't look at Wario and think "hey, his farts and his motorcycle would be awesome moves". Anyone who actually played Wario Land games from the start would far sooner choose Wario Land moves over generic moves.

For doing what everyone else is - that is, complaining about updates. Difference is that my complaint is based on the outcome of the game, while everyone else is complaining that about updates.

I want an interesting Wario. I don't look at Wario and think "hey, his farts and his motorcycle would be awesome moves". Anyone who actually played Wario Land games from the start would far sooner choose Wario Land moves over generic moves.

I was actually hoping the same thing. That we'd see Wario Land moves. Ground pound, shoulder dash, etc.

then again... those ARE generic moves.

VegaShinra said:
Guys I've never seen Fox dash forward, use a reflector, or anything. Why doesn't he have his Airwing in Smash Bros?

How stupid can you be to say Fox and Wario's situations are the same?

Yeah, I never saw Fox dash forward in games where you never even saw him do anything.

I DID see Wario use dozens of moves which a lot more people attribute to him than farting and riding a motorcycle.

Here's a hint as to why they made up moves for Fox: He HAS no moves.

VegaShinra

Chris Michael said:
I was actually hoping the same thing. That we'd see Wario Land moves. Ground pound, shoulder dash, etc.

then again... those ARE generic moves.
We knew Wario was going to fart since the first trailer was shown at E3 2006. So it wasn't a new surprise.

VegaShinra said:
We knew Wario was going to fart since the first trailer was shown at E3 2006. So it wasn't a new surprise.

It could have easily been a Super Move.

And like I said, the Motorcycle would've been a lot cooler if it were the gimmick of Excitebiker's (that is, if he were in the game).

Epiphyte

How stupid can you be to say Fox and Wario's situations are the same?

Yeah, I never saw Fox dash forward in games where you never even saw him do anything.

I DID see Wario use dozens of moves which a lot more people attribute to him than farting and riding a motorcycle.

Here's a hint as to why they made up moves for Fox: He HAS no moves.
Starfox Adventure says Hi

Do you think they should update Fox with a bunch of moves from that game? Obviously they're more canon than his Melee moves.

WHY DOESN'T FOX HAVE A STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRAWL IS BULLSHIT

Epiphyte said:
Starfox Adventures say Hi

Do you think they should update Fox with a bunch of moves from that game? Obviously they're more canon than his Melee moves.

BRAWL IS BULLSHIT

Because Star Fox Adventures is shit.

And his Melee moves are based on his ship's moves.

Epiphyte

Because Star Fox Adventures is shit.

And his Melee moves are based on his ship's moves.
I'm glad your here to tell us these things

Edit: Christ, it's no wonder Anihawk needs a notation in his title. Learning to recognize sarcasm can be a useful skill on the internet.

Epiphyte said:
Starfox Adventure says Hi

BRAWL IS BULLSHIT

Why would they changed a character who has an already established moveset from SSB64? None of the basics from the characters in the N64 game were changed in the movie to Melee.

scottnak

Dear jeebus.
I hope this next update is so megatonic that all we get is that eerie silence of amazement.
Just to drown this allll out. Wash it away...

superbank

The definition of front-butt.

I'd much rather have Warios motorcycle because its from the awesome Warioware twisted game, Wario Bike. Which is a SMB/Excitebike hybrid and you control the bike by twisting. ****ing awesome crazy idea.

I predict stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom