• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlternativeUlster said:
Man, a Game and Watch stage would be AMAZING! Like the oil barrell game as a stage. Or an Excite Truck stage where everyone is fighting off the backs of trucks. Too EXCITING! This Animal Crossing stage is still f*cking brillant, though.
ssbmstage29.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DefectiveReject said:
Microsoft and Capcom disagree with you. Powerstone 3 Vs Smash Bros Brawl.
Who will be the victor
What? Is there a Power Stone 3 coming?

Gribbix

Tom Nook should be an assist trophy exclusive to the coin mode (assuming it returns). He could grab the nearest character by the ankles and shakes them free of all their coins.

NeoForte

PkunkFury said:
it should be noted that Ghoro is an assist character, and he has an F-Zero icon for his update. Dr. Wright, who is also an assist character, uses a generic smash icon. If we assume icons only go to series with playable characters, since they exist to be displayed under the character life percent, then we can assume someone from Animal Crossing is playable. The other assumption to make is that stages alone are now worth designing an icon for.

Frankly I think someone Animal crossing will be playable. It's sort of breaking too many rules to have the stage and icon without the character

as mentioned by Ghaleon Q, it could be Resetti. He should at least be an assist character if not. In fact Nook should be an assist if he's not playable since Wright can make it :\ He could've dispensed items. I'm still saying someone is playable

Personally I think it might be Blanca....or they can really surprise us and go with Ai from the movie lol

apotema

All that variety in the game is leading me to believe that Master Chief, Megaman, Heihachi and even Nicolas Cage can appear in this gem

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
DefectiveReject said:
Microsoft and Capcom disagree with you. Powerstone 3 Vs Smash Bros Brawl.
Who will be the victor
a) fake
b)GTFO
c) powerstone(fake) could be the best game ever and it does not discount that this game is crafted from Win and Awesome.
4) I am assuming that was sarcasm ;)

scola said:
a) fake
b)GTFO
c) powerstone(fake) could be the best game ever and it does not discount that this game is crafted from Win and Awesome.
4) I am assuming that was sarcasm ;)
It was sarcasm.
And Powerstone even if true would not come anywhere near this.

WTF?! I'm really worried about SSBB now, there's no variety in the level design at all! It's obvious that they're just making this game to pander to the "hardcore" tourney players :(

Slight sarcasm there but I am worried

WHY IS EVERY STAGE SO FAR A BATTLEFIELD, MUTE CITY OR FINAL DESTINATION CLONE!!!!!!!!!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Nooo! No! Tom Nook unplayable confirmed. :( Shit. He would have made a good character too. There are so many items he could have a full varied moveset. Blech.

The stage doesn't even look interesting, gameplay wise...

Well at least one thing good came out if this:

stage06_070713e-l.jpg

Its like Brawl has a mini AC built into it. I wonder if KK can play all of his songs?

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Nuclear Muffin said:
WTF?! I'm really worried about SSBB now, there's no variety in the level design at all! It's obvious that they're just making this game to pander to the "hardcore" tourney players :(

WHY IS EVERY STAGE SO FAR A BATTLEFIELD, MUTE CITY OR FINAL DESTINATION CLONE!!!!!!!!!

Just be patient. It's not like they won't have Brinstar Dephts, Poke Floats, Flat Zone, Big Blue and stages of the like. They just haven't revealed them yet.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
For everyone that thinks just because Animal Crossing has it's own icon, there is a playable character can be mistaken. Every stage ALSO has their own icon, so maybe icons are used for characters and stages.

WildArms said:
Just be patient. It's not like they won't have Brinstar Dephts, Poke Floats, Flat Zone, Big Blue and stages of the like. They just haven't revealed them yet.

I dunno, there are more "tourney" style stages in SSBB already revealed then there were in the entirety of SSBM!

Either they're gonna have way more stages in SSBB than in SSBM or it's time to worry :(

PkunkFury

superbank said:
Nooo! No! Tom Nook unplayable confirmed. :( Shit. He would have made a good character too. There are so many items he could have a full varied moveset. Blech.

In Melee, Dr. Mario was a character in addition to Mario and Falcon drove his race car by in many of the levels. Plus you could make Falco come by and shoot your enemies with Fox while Falco was playing. So there is some hope.

I think the series logo is a give away that an Animal Cossing moveset of some form will be included

Nuclear Muffin said:
I dunno, there are more "tourney" style stages in SSBB already revealed then there were in the entirety of SSBM!

Either they're gonna have way more stages in SSBB than in SSBM or it's time to worry :(

Of course there are.
Like I said, these stages are for online. Simplistic stages, but a variety of them to keep the online fresh.

Slavik81

Nuclear Muffin said:

No, every stage has been perfect. None of the stupid Pokefloat stages, or the Big Blue fights. Don't get me wrong... I liked those when Melee came out... But they got very old very quickly.

These look to be more subtle and better designed than either the SSB or SSBM stages. They're all much larger than Battlefield and Mute City, and every single one of them has an interesting twist.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
GaimeGuy said:
AlternativeUlster, the G&W stage was possibly the worst stage in Melee :lol

I am like one of the only people I know that has Game and Watch guy as one of his 3 best characters. Yeah, I guess I would probably be the only one excited by a Game and Watch stage then.

PkunkFury

Slavik81 said:
No, every stage has been perfect. None of the stupid Pokefloat stages, or the Big Blue fights. Don't get me wrong... I liked those when Melee came out... But they got very old very quickly.

These look to be more subtle and better designed than either the SSB or SSBM stages. They're all much larger than Battlefield and Mute City, and every single one of them has an interesting twist.

i think people are looking for something more like Hyrule or Saffron City from the first SSB. A stage simple enough for tourney play, but still large enough for 4 player matches with differing sub-areas that change up the fight. The stage selection in SSB was perfect. In Melee it went from crazy to bland with very little in between.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
AlternativeUlster said:
I am like one of the only people I know that has Game and Watch guy as one of his 3 best characters. Yeah, I guess I would probably be the only one excited by a Game and Watch stage then.
Hey, my G&W is easily my best character (doesn't help you win, though, since he's so easy to kill)

Man, I was hoping to come home tonight and see a new trailer, or a completely new character revealed, or something big.

This is cool, and I love this stage, but man. Why is Nintendo always so hesitant to reveal info about their games, especially during big trade shows.

If the game's coming out this holiday what reason could they possibly have not to hype it up at the biggest industry show that will occur before the games release?

Dr.Hadji

Nuclear Muffin said:

No. If you would like a comparison list I'll do one. But for now, just NO.

justchris

Big Icarus said:
Man, I was hoping to come home tonight and see a new trailer, or a completely new character revealed, or something big.

This is cool, and I love this stage, but man. Why is Nintendo always so hesitant to reveal info about their games, especially during big trade shows.

If the game's coming out this holiday what reason could they possibly have not to hype it up at the biggest industry show that will occur before the games release?

Oh, that one's easy. If Nintendo had a full 10 minute trailer of SSBB at E3, it would overshadow every other game in existence, and no one would talk about anything else. It'd basically make every other game they brought with them a waste of time. They have to wait until there's nothing else going on so that the glory of Smash Bros. doesn't stunt another game's growth.

superbank

PkunkFury said:
In Melee, Dr. Mario was a character in addition to Mario and Falcon drove his race car by in many of the levels. Plus you could make Falco come by and shoot your enemies with Fox while Falco was playing. So there is some hope.

I think the series logo is a give away that an Animal Cossing moveset of some form will be included

I hope. I read through the thread and people were saying one of the characters could be removed from the background while you play as them. That would be really cool.

NOW I'm kind of worried about the stages. I figured with a few more stage reveals we'd see more variety but its not happening. One thing that keeps running through my head is online. SSB and SSBM had a lot of stage variety but with Brawl it seems like they're keeping it small which is kind of odd. Very suspicious.

(Don't come in here telling me Brawl's not online. Nothing was confirmed in the press conference.)

Hyrule Temple was my favourite stage in SSBM, as long as I get something like that I'm happy!

Of course I want some more variety of stages than just that though, but doesn't anyone else find it worrying that ALL of the stages so far are flat stages?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
PkunkFury said:
i think people are looking for something more like Hyrule or Saffron City from the first SSB.
Yes please.

A lot of these stages look simple, but it's entirely possible there's more going on that we haven't seen.

I'm betting the AC character will be a customizable playable character (that is, the PC of the AC games).

So you got "base" forms - boy, girl. Two other costumes would be customizable costumes (heck, imagine if getting a Mario hat trophy would let them equip a Mario hat?).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
superbank said:
I hope. I read through the thread and people were saying one of the characters could be removed from the background while you play as them. That would be really cool.

NOW I'm kind of worried about the stages. I figured with a few more stage reveals we'd see more variety but its not happening. One thing that keeps running through my head is online. SSB and SSBM had a lot of stage variety but with Brawl it seems like they're keeping it small which is kind of odd. Very suspicious.

(Don't come in here telling me Brawl's not online. Nothing was confirmed in the press conference.)
There's a good seven stages in Melee that fit the Battlefield/Mute City/Final Destination design-type, and another five or six that are very similar in design.

All in all, about half of the Melee stages are like this.

Pipomantis said:
Resetti has to be an assist trophy.

AND MACH RIDER TOO ! (No I won't let it go)
Hm, I think he will be playable, or an Animal Crossing stage would be useless...
He'll have a nice Moveset (digging, ranting, shuvl...)

I mean, who else could be a valuable main Character?

:Motorbass said:
Hm, I think he will be playable, or an Animal Crossing stage would be useless...
He'll have a nice Moveset (digging, ranting, shuvl...)

I mean, who else could be a valuable main Character?
Why not have your Mii be the AC character? AC is partly about customizing yourself and your surroundings afterall. Put your Mii in there and you have a fully customized character fitting into the AC world.

superbank

GaimeGuy said:
There's a good seven stages in Melee that fit the Battlefield/Mute City/Final Destination design-type, and another five or six that are very similar in design.

All in all, about half of the Melee stages are like this.

If you watch the Melee reveal trailer you can see a large variety of stages. I find it odd that every stage they've shown so far on the site is fairly small and similar ( - Bridge of Eldin).

I have been thinking in terms of updates which is a mistake, though. Theres the Mario Kart stage and the dark Kid Icarus stage that show more variety but its still lopsided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom