• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
superbank said:
If you watch the Melee reveal trailer you can see a large variety of stages. I find it odd that every stage they've shown so far on the site is fairly small and similar ( - Bridge of Eldin).

I have been thinking in terms of updates which is a mistake, though. Theres the Mario Kart stage and the dark Kid Icarus stage that show more variety but its still lopsided.
dark Kid Icarus stage?

Anywyas, there's also the Fire Emblem castle that we've seen.

Kevtones

AlternativeUlster said:
What about Excite metal but redone with a full orchestra score and maybe an opera singer?

Considering the composer list and production values, I wouldn't be surprised to hear chorus vocals... consider me EXCITE

All of the AC characters in the background look exactly the same as in the original game. If any of them would've been a playable character there's no way he/she wouldn't have gotten a makeover like the rest of the roster. Best news evah.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
GaimeGuy said:
dark Kid Icarus stage?

Anywyas, there's also the Fire Emblem castle that we've seen.

In the second trailer. The stage with giant statues of Greek Gods or whatever holding up the platforms. It looks like flat ground with no bottom and 2-3 long platforms stacked above. (Its possible for this to be the bottom of Pits other stage. If you beak all the platforms in the aerial portion you fall down to the dark bottom portion. This is only speculation though.) EDIT: Looking at it again this might be part of the FE stage? It looks like the same flag is there...

If you look at the FE stage closely its still a small stage. It has the incline in the middle (and possibly fire arrows as a stage hazard) to differentiate it but its still similar to the standard layout.

I hadn’t actually considered Resetti, but on reflection he certainly would make an interesting choice. He’s a fun character with a disposition and behaviour that could lend itself to an interesting moveset & he’s perhaps more appropriate than someone like Nook or KK Slider. Great stage, though – it’s getting harder and harder to wait for this game now!

It’s very clearly the world of Animal Crossing – even the changing scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii console’s internal clock.

Ha! I called this very early on during this thread when the Yoshi Stage was revealed and you guys scoffed at me.. now, who's scoffing now?!

Screenboy

superbank said:
In the second trailer. The stage with giant statues of Greek Gods or whatever holding up the platforms. It looks like flat ground with no bottom and 2-3 long platforms stacked above. (Its possible for this to be the bottom of Pits other stage. If you beak all the platforms in the aerial portion you fall down to the dark bottom portion. This is only speculation though.) EDIT: Looking at it again this might be part of the FE stage? It looks like the same flag is there...

If you look at the FE stage closely its still a small stage. It has the incline in the middle (and possibly fire arrows as a stage hazard) to differentiate it but its still similar to the standard layout.

I reckon thats the same stage as the castle one, just a different area of it (inside the actual castle, rather than on the roof).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
flipping_heck said:
Ha! I called this very early on during this thread when the Yoshi Stage was revealed and you guys scoffed at me.. now, who's scoffing now?!
the clock thing sounds like something they're making for the animal crossing stage. The day-night changes for the other stages sounded like a cyclic thing that happens as you play your matches.

GaimeGuy said:
the clock thing sounds like something they're making for the animal crossing stage. The day-night changes for the other stages sounded like a cyclic thing that happens as you play your matches.

Yup.

It seems the every stage undergoes a change. Battlefield is Day/Dusk/Night/Dawn. Yoshi's Island is Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring. Lylat Cruise is all the different places you visit (same with Delfino Plaza). Bridge of Eldin is the big holes in the stage. And so on.

Lord Phol

Roi said:
Again a floating platform.. Why isn't the stage IN the village.

Yeah mate, I'm getting a bit worried here. It's looks like an okey map and all (not much of an an animal crossing fan) but it's just another floating platform map. Where's hyrule temple? Corneria? Mushroom kingdoom? Onett? or even fourside, you know maps with a little more meat on them.

Ramenman

OMG OMG I can't believe they thought about the freakin CONCERT !! At the SAME time and day as in the true game !

FANSERVICE METER EXPLODED.

usea

Lord Phol said:
Yeah mate, I'm getting a bit worried here. It's looks like an okey map and all (not much of an an animal crossing fan) but it's just another floating platform map. Where's hyrule temple? Corneria? Mushroom kingdoom? Onett? or even fourside, you know maps with a little more meat on them.
They're correcting past mistakes.

Somnid

This is exactly how I'd figure thye'd represent AC and damn are they doing a good job. I mean Tom Nook as playable? It's like Ridley, it won't do justice to anything and would just be a bit akward.

I also count 20 weeks until release which means as many as 20 other characters (one per week is how it's been going).

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
But... we've never seen Mr. Resetti with legs...

resetti.jpg

I mean, I guess they can be creative and just design the lower half of his body. Seems strange though.

This update really excited me, especially when I saw the AC icon. There HAS to be a playable AC character... but who... hmm...

I would have thought Tom Nook or KK Slider as the best candidates, but as we've all noticed, they are in the background...

Now, being in the background doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't ALSO be a character, but as someone mentioned, those character models look rather simple and un-polished for a playable character... Though really, the original designs of these characters are SUPPOSE to be simple... I don't know how much detail you could add to them.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM! What a fun mystery! ;)

rhino4evr

as much as I love these updates, if they don't mention online play soon I will flip. No online, will greatly destroy the hype for this title. Nintendo, don't let me down.

PS - also Im tired of all the flat stages, where is the variety in level design?

rhino4evr said:
as much as I love these updates, if they don't mention online play soon I will flip. No online, will greatly destroy the hype for this title. Nintendo, don't let me down.

PS - also Im tired of all the flat stages, where is the variety in level design?
. . .

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I love all these "if such-and-such title doesn't have online, I will not be buying it!"

Don't you people have friends to turn to? How did you survive the first two Smash Bros. games without online and why did you buy them then?

MrCheez

Did you guys notice that the AC characters in the background change in every screenshot? Maybe that is evidence that if Tom Nook is selected as a player in the match, his character in the background will be replaced with another animal?

Another interesting thing to notice is that the guy serving coffee is missing from the first three screens. (As is his bar.) There is a car there instead. Looks like a few things in this level change every time you play.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
ant1532 said:
Quick poll time.

Will NO online stop you from getting Smash Brawl this year?

If no online keeps anyone from buying the game, then they don't deserve to be playing this masterpiece. Period.

MrCheez

ant1532 said:
Quick poll time.

Course not.

Though I still really really really want online. :(

I wouldn't play this game online even if the option was there. I have no desire to get my ass kicked by some uber-awesome Smash player. I just want to play with my close friends.

fernoca

ant1532 said:
Quick poll time.

Nope.
I'll buy this game even if it was just Melee with 1 new character and 1 new background.

Then, there's a friend of mine..who is only going to buy this game if it's online..then, he hasn't played any of the Smash Bros. games....ever... :lol

MrCheez

evilromero said:
I wouldn't play this game online even if the option was there. I have no desire to get my ass kicked by some uber-awesome Smash player. I just want to play with my close friends.

See, even that idea excites me. I love a challenge, but I've never gone to a tournament and probably never would. So fighting tournament players online is the only way I'd be able to see how my skills compare..

As long as the person isn't cheating somehow or utilizing some sort of exploit, I don't care how uber they are. It just motivates me to try harder and be more strategic. :)

ezekial45

Banned
ant1532 said:
Quick poll time.

Hell no. I enjoyed SSBM's SP content. The adventure mode and the event matches are some of the things that brings me back. I really don't play online to much, for any game, so i wouldn't care one bit.

PkunkFury said:
stage design still looks boring as hell
Hopefully these simple stages are really mixed up with unique events. The Zelda bridge stage has the enemy appearing the disappearing/reappearing section of bridge, Smashville could have... items floating by on balloons, swarms of insects, jumping fish?
Shinobix said:
No one would ever see that happen..unless the clock is changed.
The same as the source material.
titiklabingapat said:
Is that whzt animal crossing Wii will look like?
Heh. That's about as fair an assumption as F-Zero GX looking like SSBM's F-Zero X stages.

Jiggy

ant1532 said:
Quick poll time.

If Smash cost $500 and had no online it wouldn't stop me from buying it. It'd just mean that Star Ocean 2, Advance Wars DS 2, and a PSP would be my only other gaming-related purchases for the next 20-24 months. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom