• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
modea04_070824e-l.jpg

Zelda's sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Big Icarus said:
Kirby chose wisely. Zelda all the way.

Kirby is a moron.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Do we have to play as kirby, save either princesses and look for mario's dumbass after beating the shit out of petey?

...not bad.

Somnid

woxel1 said:
Wait, didn't the earlier update show the stadium being engulfed in a subspace explosion?

modea03_070821e-l.jpg

Does this mean the boss battle is timed as well @.@

Perhaps that's the cut-scene after the fight with Petey, so the one you don't save...

Yeah, this probably means we won't see a playable Ridley :(

So I'm expecting bosses to be:

Andross, Gohma, DeeDeeDee, Kraid, Ridey, Medusa, Raphael the Raven, Starman, Dr. Kawashima.

Linkhero1

I also think the one you don't save will become a boss later on. A lot of other characters you meet will probably end up being controlled too and become bosses.

Jiggy

Thoughts:

1) I hope this means Petey's not a main roster inclusion. Zeed
and probably I
would be suiciding if he got in over Lyn.
2) Awesome, branching paths. Haven't seen that in a good fighting-related game since WWF No Mercy in 2000.
3) I'm really unlikely to take Peach over Zelda first time around unless she has some alternate outfits from Mario Tennis or something. Probably not even then. Unless there's some kind of really cool story revelation for whoever you don't save.
4) Kirby was my first character in SSBM, because I was used to his broken SSB self. I was going to play a VS match first to try out Pokemon Trainer, Pit, or Meta Knight (whichever's available), but I think I've changed my mind. I'll revisit Kirby again, and start in Subspace Emissary.
5) It's now been 17 updates since the last stage. How long can we go? Stay tuned.

I doubt bosses would be playable, some might, but Petey here has no chance.

I mean, chances are Bowser and Metaknight will be bosses at one point...

WAIT, OMG! METAL GEAR REX BOSS FIGHT!!! PLEASE HAPPEN!!

If Megaman was in this, could you imagine how amazing it would be if they also included that one eyed boss from Megaman 1, and the Dragon robot from Megaman 2.

Seriously, imagine that.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Two thoughts.

1) So far there isn't enough evidence to suggest a forced character system... I still think you will probably be able to choose your character and play through the level with them, and the secondary characters will change as you do so. I could be wrong, but it would seem odd for the game NOT to allow that.

2) If the progression IS forced... what is the platformer mode is the evolution of the MISSION mode of Melee? Instead of having 50 random objectives, the objectives are sprinkled throughout a game.

Just a thought or two.

Linkzg said:
I doubt bosses would be playable, some might, but Petey here has no chance.

I mean, chances are Bowser and Metaknight will be bosses at one point...

WAIT, OMG! METAL GEAR REX BOSS FIGHT!!! PLEASE HAPPEN!!

ya.. then snake comes and helps you fight it as a helper :) cool way to unlock a character

Jiggy

DavidDayton said:
2) If the progression IS forced... what is the platformer mode is the evolution of the MISSION mode of Melee? Instead of having 50 random objectives, the objectives are sprinkled throughout a game.
That's an interesting thought. Doesn't seem at all out of the realm of possibility to me, though I do wonder where it would leave the evolution of Adventure Mode.

Big Icarus said:
Yeah, this probably means we won't see a playable Ridley :(

So I'm expecting bosses to be:

Andross, Gohma, DeeDeeDee, Kraid, Ridey, Medusa, Raphael the Raven, Starman, Dr. Kawashima.

Dedede is really more of an anti-hero in the games. He'd be a selectable character if anything. Awesome Kirby Boss characters would be Dynablade or Marx.

Ugh, now I'm hoping for a remix of the Marx boss battle song :[...

Zozz

Banned
hmmm this is getting me to think, since Bosses are most likely confirmed, does that predict that Gannondor could be cut off from the playable cast in order to be a boss??

This also leads me into thinking that every character that belong to their series is kind of leading me to think we can expect bosses from their series due to a story line following the character?

anyone??

OT: I just noticed my junior tag is off yay!:D

Link

The Autumn Wind
Android18a said:
I reckon Peach *would* be the kinkier of the two. Zelda is so straight-laced. Peach would be into all kinds of freaky stuff.
No way. Zelda's got those pointy ears you could grab onto during oral sex, whereas Peach just has normal, rounded ears.

...God, what am I saying?

Zozz

Banned
Link said:
No way. Zelda's got those pointy ears you could grab onto during oral sex, whereas Peach just has normal, rounded ears.

...God, what am I saying?

you can still use her hair.. and maybe a turnip or two as well......

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Well... now I'm starting to think I'm wrong about there being no way they'd not allow you to choose your character for adventure mode. :p Especially since the Petey profile has Zelda and Peach in the render... it's no longer seems like the characters just get switched out depending on who you pick.

Golden Darkness said:
Hmmm... interesting... Petey doesn't have the Mushroom icon associated with it

I noticed that too. Seems pretty inconsistent with the rest of the site. Hrm.

vareon said:
Nice, this opens up space for other characters to appear as bosses :D

Ridley, maybe? One of Zelda's bosses? Nice little update.

First thing I thought of. We've been guessing for awhile that Ridley would be an adventure mode boss... now it practically seems confirmed. o.o

Even though it was always a long-shot, I've been holding out that he'd somehow make it as a playable character. :(

Ridley doesn't have an icon because he's a boss, not playable. Like Giga Bowser and the Hands in the last game.. he just gets the Smash icon.

EDIT: Petey*

Why the hell did I type Ridley..

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:
Dedede is really more of an anti-hero in the games. He'd be a selectable character if anything. Awesome Kirby Boss characters would be Dynablade or Marx.

Ugh, now I'm hoping for a remix of the Marx boss battle song :[...
Marx and his fantastic music would own.

Dyna Blade, not so much. :p

Firestorm

oh shit. Completely forgot while watching a movie. I just saw the update. Awesome stuff.

Also, Zelda ftw. Sheik > Peach > Zelda, but I love the new Zelda character model and the Zelda series is my favourite.

Ashodin

We know MetaKnight is a part of this whole thing, which is why we see the Halberd harboring the Minister and the rest of the Subspace Army.

This is why Kirby is the main character of the Adventure mode. I assume you play through various characters as they all attempt to make headway against the Subspace Army.

Fuck, Smash Bros Brawl already has a better story mode than Adventure on Melee.

also, I noticed the f-word is uncensored. On purpose?

Firestorm

Maxrpg said:
We know MetaKnight is a part of this whole thing, which is why we see the Halberd harboring the Minister and the rest of the Subspace Army.

This is why Kirby is the main character of the Adventure mode. I assume you play through various characters as they all attempt to make headway against the Subspace Army.

Fuck, Smash Bros Brawl already has a better story mode than Adventure on Melee.

Well, I think the reason they both play such a big part is because this is probably the last thing Sakurai will get to do involving his two big-time Nintendo franchises. It's like both his babies in one game!

I think I'm salivating at the awesomness of this.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
SuperAngelo64 said:
Yep Marx would be epic!

1176230604531.jpg

Alright now that we've been seeing so many cool updates, and alot of dreams come true, I'm starting to think Nintendo could do ANYTHING with this game. They could throw in ANY boss from any game, and have the character from that game fight it, like of course for Sub Space Emissary IMAGINE HAVING Ridley, Petey, Ganondorf, K.ROOL, MetaKnight, DR. ROBOTNIK (sonic is in) METAL GEAR! Anything!

I'm now even having crazy thoughts about FINAL FANTASY characters or items in the game. Moogle as an assist trophy, who knows! !. (S)NES FF or even Chrono is fair game I would think. I wouldn't believe this before, but WHO KNOWS Nintendo can go all the way! Such a fan service!

Kreed

I wonder if the princess you don't save determines who comes to help you/other characters you'll be playing in the story mode? For example, if you don't save Zelda, will Link show up to try to help you save her, etc... Or maybe it's the other way around and if you save Zelda, she will ask Link to help you?

NeonZ

Hm...? Boss Petey Piranha with the cages got a Smash symbol rather than a Mushroom symbol?

I might be looking too much into it, but I think he might be a playable character too (but, obviously, without the cages)...

I hope this choice of saving one of them raises the chances of
Puppet Zelda
(Twilight Princess) and
Shadow Queen Peach
(Paper Mario 2) making it into the game, at least as costumes. Maybe the captured one will be controlled by the Subspace Emissary and the player will have to face her later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom