• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored at work, so I thought I'd repost the updated gallery :D

GALLERY

CHARACTER PORTRAITS

ASSIST CHARACTER & POKEMON PORTRAITS

BOSS CHARACTER PORTRAITS

STAGES

ITEMS

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
BGBW said:
Yep Marx would be epic!

1176230604531.jpg
Ick. It's like Zapf Bat's flamboyantly gay brother.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
When I buy this game, I'm going to be sleeping with the case next to me, for at least a few weeks. Reading the manual way into the night. I just know it.

Olaeh

VindicatorZ said:
or even Chrono is fair game I would think.

It seems like whenever I think something is too good to be true, it comes true w/ this game. If SE is on board, then I think Chrono is possible... maybe even likely. That would cause such mayhem.

Teasel

well i guess that if it is confirmed that there are going to be bosses then a boss rush mode is also 95% certain
also i wonder what would happen if both cage break at the same time (with the help of a bob-omb for example...) maybe there are no item during boss fight?

I wonder what subspace means for thoroughly evil villains like Ganondorf and Ridley. I don't expect to see them share everyone's burdens in the story mode.

rocK` said:
No character portrait of snake?

:(

As soon as it goes up on the Dojo site it'll be there. There are portraits of both Snake and Meta Knight in the E3 ‘06 press kit, but I’m just posting the ones that appear on the Dojo site.

NeonZ said:
I hope this choice of saving one of them raises the chances of
Puppet Zelda
(Twilight Princess) and
Shadow Queen Peach
(Paper Mario 2) making it into the game, at least as costumes. Maybe the captured one will be controlled by the Subspace Emissary and the player will have to face her later.

I hadn't thought of it like that, both present a very viable option that still teases the past, yet would be clearly against you. Good call.

Although it may be simpler than that, just one of the two in Subspace Army-styled outfits.

Anyway, I don't think you always start with Kirby, I think it depends on which "group" you start with. Characters share movies, but interweave and split off to different groups (and their own solo things). So Mario may start off with some of Kirby/Peach/Zelda's opening, but be knocked away and do his own thing for a while, then meet up with Link and Pikachu, while Kirby branches with Zelda and meets Diddy Kong, et cetera. It'd all be running during the same overall plot, but you'd follow the path the character did, with probably a different mix of levels for most characters. (All shared from a pool, ultimately, but different ones played, in different orders, maybe even different enemy placement and/or obstacles.)

I can't imagine them forcing absolutely one playroute with you constantly switching characters. People don't like when games force that.

Jme

I would save Zelda over and over again before I saved Peach to see the different scenario. Zelda infinitely> Peach.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I still don't think the Zelda being captured thing makes any sense, you saw her warp earlier in the video!

Yeah yeah, "the cage is magical that prevents it from working" yadda yadda.

Jiggy

I still give the edge easily to Marx's music, but I do admit Dark Matter as a boss fight would rock seriously. They could drop infinite Star Rods at you or something and force you to fight him with them.

Insaniac

so whats the verdict on widescreen? I know I don't think we've had official confirmation either way, but with some things like the Donkey Konga level, the Devil Assist trophy and all the non FMV screenshots being 4:3, it seems widescreen is a no go?

Zeed

Banned
Maybe this means a dragon or The Black Knight will end up as a Fire Emblem boss. I know that The Black Knight placed relatively highly on Sakurai's poll.
GIVE US LYN GOD DAMMIT!

Anyway, anyone notice how the boss backgrounds are purple instead of blue? I just thought that was interesting.

Petey sure has come a long way since being one of many throwaway bosses in Sunshine. Being the first boss of Subspace Emissary is quite an honor.

Jiggy

If Pokey or Giygas is revealed, I shudder to think of the Amir0x posts we'll see that day. I'd love to see Pokey in, though.

rhino4evr

ohamsie said:
Pokey in his spider mech would be an awesome boss.
agreed, but i don't think it will happen.

so it sems that the adventure mode will consist of playing multiple characters. It doesn't look like you pick what character to play because its story driven. Wonder how this will effect the replay.

Zeed

Banned
rhino4evr said:
agreed, but i don't think it will happen.

so it sems that the adventure mode will consist of playing multiple characters. It doesn't look like you pick what character to play because its story driven. Wonder how this will effect the replay.
Split storylines and perhaps multiple endings should make it very replayable, not to mention that you're sure to be able to unlock characters as you go along (probably adding adventure sections for them as well). For characters that have to be unlocked outside of adventure mode, unlocking them would probably open up new paths that include them, encouraging a replay each time you unlock a new character. The possibilities are immense.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
ohamsie said:
Pokey in his spider mech would be an awesome boss.

Didn't Starmen.net have some insider info about Pokey being involved in the adventure mode somehow? This is probably what their insider was referring to!

MrCheez said:
Didn't Starmen.net have some insider info about Pokey being involved in the adventure mode somehow? This is probably what their insider was referring to!

That would be this: http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

While they aren't sure what Pokey's role will be, their insider info at least points to major Mother 3 spoilerage in Brawl...

They seem to be pretty sure its the real deal, since they use this info as a way to galvanize the fan translation into completion before Brawl comes out.

Zeed

Banned
Golden Darkness said:
They're guessing that Lucas is in, which people have been doing ever since we found out that he was supposed to be in Melee - a GameFAQs fraud could have said as much (in fact, they have). The only specific claim they have is that Pokey will be in and that he'll change his name to Porky. If that happens, okay. Until then, I don't see why they deserve any more benefit of the doubt than that guy who correctly predicted Pokemon Trainer/Peach.

Zeed said:
They're guessing that Lucas is in, which people have been doing ever since we found out that he was supposed to be in Melee - a GameFAQs fraud could have said as much (in fact, they have). The only specific claim they have is that Pokey will be in and that he'll change his name to Porky. If that happens, okay. Until then, I don't see why they deserve any more benefit of the doubt than that guy who correctly predicted Pokemon Trainer/Peach.

Like I said, the bigs guys seem to take this info seriously enough to accelerate the fan translation, as noted here: http://mother3.fobby.net/2007/08/10/38/

Not to mention, this community really got the attention of Nintendo (or Nintendo Power at least), as some notable members got to visit the HQ: http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37241

Besides, the people revealing the insider info aren't nobodies no one has heard before. They are the face of the Earthbound fanbase.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Zeed said:
No, they didn't, that guy came here and started talking shit and we had to shut him up.

I had read that they knew about the franklin badge ahead of time and even predicted the date it would be updated?

I haven't been paying close attention to their predictions though so who knows. :p Just something I was reading about. Not like they are claiming anything earth-shattering anyway.

Jonk

Zeed,

Still a pretentious skeptical moron I see.

I still see that you were sore that I was correct.

BTW, Lucas and MOTHER 3 content will be in Brawl. Count on it.

PkunkFury

Zeed said:
Until then, I don't see why they deserve any more benefit of the doubt than that guy who correctly predicted Pokemon Trainer/Peach.

The guy who correctly predicted Pokemon Trainer/Peach made more predictions afterwords and was wrong. He was just guessing. I think he said Lucas was next since it was the sensible guess to make, but instead we got Diddy.

also, I heard starman.net knew about the Franklin badge. They have contacts with higher ups at nintendo because of their website. Posting info puts their rep on the line with Earthbound fans. I'm sure they wouldn't just make crap up

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Ridely boss confirmed. Another thing fans want will be in.

I don't care for Petey too much. Boss confirmation is good though.

Zeed

Banned
PkunkFury said:
I heard starman.net knew about the Franklin badge.
They said they did, after the fact.

Jonk said:
Zeed,

Still a pretentious skeptical moron I see.
Listen bud, I'm honored that you came all the way out here (again) to insult me, but if you want to turn this into a namecalling competition then I'm not interested.

Jonk

A mature response! Ah dont worry, it's ok Zeed. You do enough name calling for yourself.

Internet is serious business, huh? :lol

Anyways, Pokey is going to have some presence in Brawl. This has been posted over at Starmen.Net for at least a week publicly. To the extent that is going to be we don't know yet, but his name/influence has been mentioned concerning brawl. With Ness, we are unsure about his return, nothing has surfaced so I am in the same park as everyone else here is about that.

Bert409

Metroid still needs a second character(ZSS is not stand-alone), so Ridley still has a big chance to make it in. He's about the same size of SSBB Bowser anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, Mother Brain, Kraid, and/or Crocomire would make way cooler boss fights.

Jiggy

Fighting Mother Brain would be pretty cool. A lot better than watching her burn in the acid in the back of Brinstar, anyway. I somehow expect Kraid instead, though. He'd make for a more dynamic fight, and already has a model from SSBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom