• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

So, what are the chances for a second Fire Emblem character, if Roy and Marth are excluded from this game?

I'm not that familiar with the characters of this series.

assist07_070911d-l.jpg

Best screenshot ever.

Saitou

Banned
EDIT: I jumped the gun. Assist trophy?

SAAAAAFE!

I hope this means playable FE characters other than Marth.

I'm still holding out for Hector and Ephraim as axe and lance users >_>
I mean shit, if Lyn's in, there's no reason they shouldn't be.

WildArms said:
I'm indifferent about this update, because I haven't played the Fire Emblem game she's in, but we do need some more female characters, and a female sword user would be great...

Is there anyone left to fit this role?

Ummmm Zero Suit Samus?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Jiggy37 said:
Dixie without Diddy as a partner, Daisy, Micaiah.

Normally I'd say Sami too, since she's stupendous, but then the whole problem is that first they'd have to add Andy to represent Advance Wars, and he's harder to work with. Only way I see Sami getting in at this point is if she's like Pokemon Trainer and just kind of stands in the background ordering an infantry or mech unit around (since they're her specialty, this would make sense) and building up her CO Powers.

...Yeah, they kind of botched this up, not having Lyn playable. :/ At least everything else in the game is awesome, but still. The number of worthwhile females to add is dwindling. I realize it's Smash Bros., but really now.
Midna + Wolf Link is very likely, and I'd say a female Pokemon Trainer/Gym Leader is well within the realm of possibility.

Sami I don't think is likely simply because of her iconic heavy machine gun. It's been stated that firearms are a no-go for Snake, so I don't think they're going to lift that embargo for Sami. I guess they could give her a bazooka (remember kids, explosives are less serious than non-inciendiary ballistics!), but... well, I just don't think AW will get more than 1 slot in the end, and that would undoubtedly go to Andy.
WildArms said:
I'm indifferent about this update, because I haven't played the Fire Emblem game she's in, but we do need some more female characters, and a female sword user would be great...

Is there anyone left to fit this role?
Eirika was a lord in FE8. I wouldn't say she's more likely than Lyn was, but hey, who knows? I mean, nobody would have picked Pichu over countless other Pokemon to be in Melee, but there he was.

Titania is probably not going to happen, great character but she was a mounted knight, always riding a horse in battle. I can't see them taking the horse away, it's pretty much part of the character.

I want to say that Mia has a shot. I know she's not a leading character or anything, but she has a very good, distinct character design, which I would think tends to go a long way towards consideration in Smash.

Scribble

Sorry, MasterMFauli, but you're going to lose the bet :D - I don't think they'll drop Marth for some obscure lord (in the context of the whole series) that made it to the West (Not referring to Micaiah, here).

Nevertheless, Micaiah would be a waste of space (Unless you really like the character, and not just because she's another FE main character), because Ike already represents that arc of Fire Emblem. You've got a large series which has been around from the NES era, and you only want representatives from the latest games?

Now that Lyn's an AT, I think Japan should really get the priority here.

I want Marth for the sole reason (well, not sole because then Mfauli would be gone) that it might finally convince NOA to get off their fat asses and translate some VC games.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!?!?!?!

LYN!!!!!?!??!?!?

I really really really didn't think it would happen. I couldn't give a shit if Marth gets dropped now.

ShockingAlberto said:
I want Marth for the sole reason (well, not sole because then Mfauli would be gone) that it might finally convince NOA to get off their fat asses and translate some VC games.
SKINNY PEOPLE CAN BE LAZY TOO YOU KNOW

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

ROFL they give us Lyn... but as an assist trophy. much crying and anguish ensues.

Personally I think it would have been great if she was playable, but this is fine (I am sure some people would have loved to play as Samurai Goroh etc.).

*pours out a 40oz for Zeed.* :lol
this must burn a bit. I bet Sakurai reads GAF and is chuckling softly today.

edit: further confirmation that you don't disappear when an assist trophy is summoned. cool.

Scribble

ShockingAlberto said:

Yeah, I really want to experience FE3 (Marth) and FE4 (Sigurd + Celice). Especially the latter, with the cool generation thing.

Oh, and with Goroh and Lyn being Assist Trophies, I think that it's EXTREMELY likely that Takamaru is a playable character.

TheKingsCrown said:
She's an assist trophy ::x

Yeah i noticed a little late, haha.

But still, i'm happy she in the game. That was the first FE game I played and she was my go to character the whole time.

More FE love sakurai!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and for people who still get tricked by charachter/trophy/boss update. you can tell before any of the pictures load up. The background behind a playable character has a blue gradient, a boss character has a purple gradient, and an assist trophy features a white background. you don't need any other info except those and the name to know who it is and whether they are playable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zeed was begging for someone to post this one image, so here:

4ftut13.png

CTLance

ShockingAlberto said:
Yes, the most powerful lord in the series is bested by a girl with a ponytail who wasn't even the main character of the game she was in.
BUT... SHE... HAS... BOOBS!

Honestly, a few more females in Brawls cast (that we know of) wouldn't hurt. OTOH I'll take whatever Sakurai throws at us.

Crocodile

Not to be a dick or anything, and I would have appreciated Lyn as a playable charactr as much as anybody, but the irony is just so delicious. I've been laughing since last night :lol :lol . Poor Zeed.

Halycon said:
Zeed was begging for someone to post this one image, so here:

4ftut13.png

So awesome if not a little inappropiate :lol :lol :lol .

Should have been playable... there will be at least one more playable from the FE universe, now I imagine it will be someone else from FE9. Assist trophies are cool though.

CTLance

Haunted One said:
You make a compelling argument.
Scribble said:
Cheer up, CTLance - At least you'll get to see Krystal's ones wobble in combat. ^__^
I knew I should've added a sarcasm smiley. :lol

... and wasn't Krystal the blue fox thing from StarFox?
4qiwjsi.jpg

No.
Just... No. :lol

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Instead of adding to the tear-fest, I'll just comment on how good Brawl's modelers are.

Every model I've seen in the game is about as true to the character as you can get. It's like they took character art and simply made it 3D, perfectly. Obviously there's stuff like Palutena and Pit that they had to take liberties with, but even their models just seem right for the characters.

Somnid

Holy shit! Well I guess Zeed wins this round.

Edit: Oh wait are they crying over her being an assist? In that case WAHAHAHA!

ShockingAlberto said:

Your hate for me is saddening :-(

But anyway, if Ridley gets announced being a boss- or trophy-character, i´ll instant-admit my defeat for the bet i made with Zeed and take the 1 month-ban. Non-playable Ridley would be too much of an ownage to me. :-/

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I'm not too bothered about Lyn being an assist trophy, but thats because I've never been a big Fire Emblem fan. I'd still like to see another fire emblem character though. Even though I dont know much about anyone from the game, marth and roy were good characters to use in melee.

I've just seen the munchlax update. Thats the first time I've ever seen that pokemon. He looks like a pokemon on drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom