• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Enduin said:
Ive been saying this for a while. FE9/10 characters have the best chance, if not only chance. I think FE is the best franchise to add more diversity to the SSB line up with female characters and characters that dont just use swords.

Elincia probably has the best chance to get in the game, followed by Titania and possibly Mia. I would love for Lucia to be in the game but shes rather minor, same for Marcia and Nephenee. It would be a nice change to have a melee character that uses a lance or axe instead of a sword.
I was never that enamored with FE9 and 10 characters. Found them all a little generic. Ironically, I also like Sigurd and wouldn't mind seeing him in the game. I wouldn't mind Lucia though.

scottnak

Anyone feel it's kinda odd that about like... half of the posts are referencing Zeed? Haha.
I did go "ohhh" when I saw Lyn in the RSS feed I have... wouldn't have done it otherwise else really... hum.

Jiggy

PkunkFury said:
I'm still thinking Krystal is a shoe-in, but none of the others seem very likely (as much as i'd love for Sami or Mona to be in the game)
I was going to say something along the lines of "Sakurai wouldn't want to bring the bad Star Fox games to players' memories," but then Mario's pretty unabashedly using FLUDD even though most people seem to dislike Sunshine for some reason, so I guess that reasoning's out the window.

Yeah, Krystal's probably a lock. On the downside, is another human female too much to ask?

I'm not saying that's the case with this one, but I'm guessing that probably at least one "Assist Trophy" will end up cueing an unlock sequence to get the character as a full one. (Getting the character would take it out of the available trophy list.)

I'm kind of curious how Brawl will handle more than one assist trophy at once, if that's possible. What if two get the same, as well? Two devils pointing in different directions, etc.

scottnak said:
Anyone feel it's kinda odd that about like... half of the posts are referencing Zeed? Haha.
I did go "ohhh" when I saw Lyn in the RSS feed I have... wouldn't have done it otherwise else really... hum.
Only cause ZEED keep on insisting that she would be in...oh well.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
I'm indifferent about this update, because I haven't played the Fire Emblem game she's in, but we do need some more female characters, and a female sword user would be great...

Is there anyone left to fit this role?

PkunkFury

Kulock said:
I'm not saying that's the case with this one, but I'm guessing that probably at least one "Assist Trophy" will end up cueing an unlock sequence to get the character as a full one. (Getting the character would take it out of the available trophy list.)

I'm kind of curious how Brawl will handle more than one assist trophy at once, if that's possible. What if two get the same, as well? Two devils pointing in different directions, etc.

interesting points...

I imagined ATs would work like Pokemons, where they could just fill up the screen until the frame rate dies, but with something like Devil this could cause issues

also, having one AT be a hidden character as well would be a great why to surprise the fans :D I fully expect one of the adventure mode bosses to become playable (GDorf, DeDeDe or Ridley) and one of the AC townsfolk to jump out of the background and fight you during Tota's first Saturday night concert (possiboly Tota himself), but I never imagined an AT becoming playable at some point. Would be a great psych out

Jiggy

Kulock said:
I think this is possible.
If it happened, I'd say whichever character it is wouldn't be revealed through the Dojo--the assist trophy character model would probably be the same as the playable character, which would look noticeably over-impressive compared to other assist trophy character models, and we'd spot it pretty quickly.

Unless, of course, they made both a character model and a poorer-quality assist trophy model. I wouldn't put anything past the SSBB team, I admit. >_>

:( I'm disappointed that Lyn is just an assist trophy. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the name but, then I checked what it was under before I got too excited.

PkunkFury

I'll just keep telling myself they cut the extra FE characters for an advanced Wars character, so in a way this update gives me a bit of hope :D

Jiggy

Okay, as interesting as this has been, I'm going to sleep. One last thing, though...

This post over here from earlier today yesterday says it's possible that they might add more characters via Wi-Fi. I'm thinking it must be easier to add characters who already have a model (even if it needs refinining) than to start from scratch, and also that characters who got in as assist trophies would be more likely than characters who didn't even get that treatment, so maybe there's some marginal hope yet for Samurai Goroh and Lyn.
Not trying to hope too much, though. :/ Probably just desperation speaking, since I love F-Zero and love Lyn and would have liked to see them, respectively, better represented or playable in the first place.

Edit:
PkunkFury said:
I'll just keep telling myself they cut the extra FE characters for an advanced Wars character, so in a way this update gives me a bit of hope :D
If Sami gets in, yeah, my disappointment can probably be brushed aside. To a great extent. >_>

plufim

Hrm... just had an idea. What if Ditto was a playable character, as a way of having random select done in a slightly more "nintendo" way? Could even have him change form every time he respawns, or something.

Anyway, I hope we'll see more FE assist trophies. And hopefully another playable (Soren, dammit!).

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
plufim said:
Hrm... just had an idea. What if Ditto was a playable character, as a way of having random select done in a slightly more "nintendo" way? Could even have him change form every time he respawns, or something.

Anyway, I hope we'll see more FE assist trophies. And hopefully another playable (Soren, dammit!).

Oh no! Not ANOTHER Pokemon!! We already have 25 playable Pokemon characters, and 200 Pokemon items.

Seriously, that's a nice idea actually.

NeonZ

I've never expected Lyn to be in the game (Tutorial lord! :D ), so I'm happy she's in, even though only as an assist trophy.

- Micaia or Sothe in = I win
- Marth or Lyn in = You win
- One or more from each sides = Tie

Ok, im not yet done, Zeed ^^
Though i think we made the bet about playable characters, i´ll take it with trophies, as wel..
But it can still turn into a tie, if Micaia or Sothe are in the game ;-)

So Sakurai killed:

Marth
Roy

and won't give me Titania or Lyn? Epic fail. I want a girl with a big weapon! Smash=bomba. There's still hope for Titania right...right? :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CrushDance said:
So Sakurai killed:

Marth
Roy

and won't give me Titania or Lyn? Epic fail. I want a girl with a big weapon! Smash=bomba. There's still hope for Titania right...right? :(

This is no where near confirmed

I seriously don't get what's with all the Marth hate.

He's the first Fire Emblem Lord and he's been the main character in two games. That's more than any other FE character has done.

"B-but! Marth and Ike look too similar!!!"

ssbm17ns7.jpg

Well, at least this means she is in the game now at least. Before we didn't even know. Although, I am kinda dissapointed she isn' t a playable or secret character.

R.I.P. Lyn, we knew thee well....

A well, on the next update :D

Lyn would have been great... doesn't leave me much hope for Micaya getting in as playable, but we'll see. I'm hoping. All I wanted was at least one female FE character this time... well, and Sheik returning because Sheik was my best character in SSBM, but that seems quite likely.

PkunkFury said:
I'm hoping Zelda gets her own game at some point... her character in WW was great

Zelda was great in OoT and WW, but not in TP... but yes, that could potentially be quite good.

Haunted

Ah, she's an assist trophy, nice. The attack is even in reference to her Sol Katti animation, very cool. Well, at least the speculation about her can now finally be laid down to rest.

On a more personal note, my awesome prediction streak continues.

This is kinda off topic, but how strong is the attack? Is it like 1-hit kill status or just very strong with a large kickback.... hmmmmmm It could go either way I guess.......

This really makes me want to play the game, now. :lol

Kreed

Zeed was the first person I thought about after this update too. :lol Why'd he have to get banned right before we could see his response?

When I went to the website and I saw her model and name, I thought

"Zeed redeemed!"

As soon as I saw the Item icon, it shifted to

"Zeed owned!"

Oh well. I wonder what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom