• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the infamous characters that could have the chance to get in this prestigious roster, it got to be the fucking Ice Climbers. AGAIN... They could have at least replaced them with another duo or something...

Sharp

Ooh, nice fur.

(I bet this move was wholly to appease the competitive Smash world, by the way. That or someone on Sakurai's staff reaaaallly likes the Ice Climbers).

Jiggy

Depending on how Footstool Jumping works, it might only be half as difficult to do some meteor smashes with these two.

Edit:
Firestorm said:
Nana never does what I tell her :( I AM BEING CHAIN GRABBED FRIGGIN DO SOMETHING ;_; I play as Popo =p
I mean I switch to the colors where Nana's in front. >_>

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I'm not a fan of ice climbers. It would have been better if they got rid of ice climbers and replaced them with a new character.

PkunkFury

Edit: forgot about Earthbound

Been waiting for this one!

Updated series icon list:

1. Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
14. Ice Climbers
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

Melee series still missing:

Game and Watch (might go?)

Hmmmmm

looks very likely that 13 is the other "new to Melee" series, Game and Watch, since it is now sandwiched between the other two! :D

also,

and 17 for Pikmin

JDSN

Banned
Im still impressed by how great this game looks, its not like Mario Galaxy, but subtle stuff like the fur in the climber's coat sure shows the team is paying attention to every single detail.

PkunkFury said:

1. Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
14. Ice Climbers
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

Earthbound (ought to be confirmed, but NOA may try to stop this one)

Hmmmmm

looks very likely that 13 is the other "new to Melee" series, Game and Watch, since it is now sandwiched between the other two! :D

also,

7 for Earthbound, and 17 for Pikmin

Ummm...

Earthbound was confirmed as an item for now:
world_b_07.gif

psycho_snake

Usually character update's are the best, but its a letdown when they introduce characters you dont like.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I can't see the pictures or load the site.

Then again, it's Ice Climbers, so that's a good thing.

Maybe they're taking the site down while they delete them from the game, and replace them with good characters.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
PkunkFury said:
Edit: forgot about Earthbound

1. Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
14. Ice Climbers
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

Hmmmmm

also,

and 17 for Pikmin

Ah I hoping you would post this. Hmm So basically Game and Watch should return also

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
GhettoGamer said:
I WANT MY MOTHERFUCKING CAPT FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS BE STRAIGHT BULLSHIT YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING CHEAP ASS ICE CLIMBERS
Cheap? What?

*uses the freeze glitch on GhettoGamer, then uses the infinite combo to rack up 999 damage on him, and has nana forward smash him off the stage*

Well I said holy fricken crap...not because I really wanted to see these character back in, but because I really believed in my heart of hearts that they were going to be cut.

Jiggy37 said:
Actually, I'd say his chances just went up. If Sakurai's keeping one unique-but-obscure SSBM character who's the sole representative of a franchise, why not the other?
Synless said:
Game and Watch will make it.....he has to...he just does.
After today, I'd have to agree with both of you. I figured Ice Climbers and G&W (and maybe a couple of the Pokeymans) would be gone, but now I believe Sakurai is making only cumulative changes, which I guess is for the best.

SantaC

I see no reason to have so many melee characters returning, i mean this game should be something new, not a remake. Well, I am pretty sure it will have online now.

PkunkFury

I don't see why he would cut anyone with a unique move set... but there's still the chance G&W or Sheik are out.

People forget that Game & Watch is the first big Nintendo Series, it has a lot of significance to the museum aspect of Smash. Plus he has a very unique movest, and each move comes from his many games. I'd be pretty sad if he was cut, but seeing that 13 spot opened makes him much more likely to return

SantaC said:
I see no reason to have so many melee characters returning, i mean this game should be something new, not a remake. Well, I am pretty sure it will have online now.

but why cut characters that already work? We're still getting tons of new faces as well. It'd make more sense to cut some if the old characters were being re-done, but aside from some tweeks they look pretty true to the Melee incarnations

Scribble

Why would they need to remove Mr.GW anyway? All they need to do is literally import the model, and possibly clean it up a bit. He's 2D, you know o_o

Hero

Um. Most fighting games retain their roster and just expand to it. Traditionally it's only a few, but seeing as how in 10 years there's only been three Smash games, I don't see a problem with it.

justchris

I'm glad Ice Climbers are back. They so do not need to be getting rid of people with unique fighting style, even if I completely suck with them.

Golden Darkness said:

Whoa...are they about to do a double footstool jump on Kirby? That would be pretty neat.

Jiggy

JonathanEx said:
So, one update next week will be a move one. (Ice Climbers final smash/special moves)
Not necessarily. There were no moves until the seventh update after Kirby and Pikachu came in one day, and no moves until the seventh update after Zero Suit Samus.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Any character with a unique moveset in Melee is pretty much guaranteed to be in Brawl. What would be the point of removing them, all they need to do is tweak their appearance and their moveset a little. The only characters who would ever be cut are the clones like Falco, Roy, Dr. Mario, Young Link and Ganondorf. Even then I think Ganondorf has a good chance at being back with a new moveset.

psycho_snake

SantaC said:
This isnt anything like a remake. Most of the characters from Melee will be in this game, but so what? They're adding new characters, new items, new stages and new music. Just because they're using characters from the previous games doesnt mean that this game is more like a remake than a sequel. Brawl has got plenty of new additions that makes it different to melee.

SantaC

psycho_snake said:
This isnt anything like a remake. Most of the characters from Melee will be in this game, but so what? They're adding new characters, new items, new stages and new music. Just because they're using characters from the previous games doesnt mean that this game is more like a remake than a sequel. Brawl has got plenty of new additions that makes it different to melee.

yes yes, I love smash as much as anyone here, I am hoping for a AAAAAAAAAAA game

Antagon

I always sucked with the ice climbers (Heck, I sucked at melee in general) and I hated fighting them when using items but still I don't mind them returning.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Ice Climbers are back! Game & Watch Confirmed?

The fur shading on the white parts of their jackets looks good. How come DKs fur looks looks worse than theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom