• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Broken Arrow said:
I want a Shyguy!!! Please Nintendo, give me my Shyguy!!!
You've got a number of them driving around in the Mario Kart level...I think that's about as much as you'll get... =)

Milabrega said:
If theres no character update tomorrow, will this be the first week without one?
There wasn't one the week of August 5th, but there were 2 the next week (Pokemon Trainer and Peach) (Edited too slow!)

SantaC

btw that manager thing was fake.

So was Smash Bros seriously on the floor to be played or was that one guy in the Dojo thread full of it?

No it wasn't on the floor. That's BS. Nintendo only had Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and some other stuff that I didn't care about.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
We've discussed it quite a few times, but man...

I REALLY WANT ALTERNATE COSTUMES!

For some reason I felt compelled to gather some pictures of the main alternate costumes I'd like.

Dr. Mario made into an alternate costume of Mario is an idea a few people have touched upon before... It'd be the perfect way to still include Doc without giving him a character slot. (Which was always really redundant.)

mario.jpg
>
ssbmdrmario6.jpg

Samus with different suits from different games would be rockin' too...

samus.jpg
>
PEDSuit.jpg
>
200px-Powersuit.jpg

Of course you would have to have the option of Wario in is classic threads...

wario.jpg
>
250px-Wario.jpg

As for a character like Link... most people seem to immediately suggest his upgraded costumes from Twilight Princess (the zora and magic armor)... but I'd much rather see OLDER Link designs available to choose! It's nice that some of these characters are in their newest, polished forms... but it'd be great to play as the old school versions we remember too! Smash Bros is suppose to be big on nostalgia, right?

link.jpg
>
Link.jpg
>
oldschoollink.jpg

I would be soooo stoked if alternate costumes made it in. It'd be cool if you still had multiple colors of each costume to choose from as well. (Think SC3, you choose not only your outfit but the color scheme of the outfit as well).

Anyway thats just me killing time while we wait for the update. :p

Firestorm

As long as there are no height / weight / traction / etc. differences it'd be cool. Although Doc players might not like having their character disappear and become an alternate costume!

ant1532

Banned
Firestorm said:
As long as there are no height / weight / traction / etc. differences it'd be cool. Although Doc players might not like having their character disappear and become an alternate costume!
Might as well have that. Since there is no chance he is coming back as his own character.

Twig

Banned
Firestorm said:
I would scream and cry.

Unless of course the alternate costume tweaked the characters' stats ever so slightly. Up the speed lower the power, etc. Though obviously with more thought put into it.

Jiggy

Alternate costumes had better be in. That's the only shot I'd ever have at a playable "Marin" in the game; since Link mistook her for Zelda at first, she might fit in that "Peach as Daisy" kind of way.

But for other reasons that actually have a chance of happening, alternate Pokemon Trainers are probably the big one. I'd play as the FR/LG girl 100% of the time if she was an alt. I'd also like a Zero Suit Samus in the Metroid 1 JUSTIN BAILEY style, complete with green hair, and then all of MrCheez's examples are also great. And if Daisy doesn't get in again, at least they could do the Peach thing again. (I'd rather have playable Daisy, though, but I don't think it's too likely.)

Incidentally, it's not entirely unprecedented for alternates to change mechanics a little bit. Nothing significant gameplay-wise, but in SSBM you could play as Nana and relegate Popo to your sidekick by switching your color.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
MrCheez said:
We've discussed it quite a few times, but man...

I REALLY WANT ALTERNATE COSTUMES!

I still think this seems like one of the more obvious updates... they had two or three costume changes in Melee (the only significant one being Peach -> Daisy), and I can easily see them extending that to everyone else.

I hope we do get it.

Firestorm

TheOneGuy said:
I would scream and cry.

Unless of course the alternate costume tweaked the characters' stats ever so slightly. Up the speed lower the power, etc. Though obviously with more thought put into it.

Then there'd be no point as they'd have to balance it and do all the work that goes into making a clone anyway. Having that as a costume makes absolutely no sense. All costumes should be the exact same character.

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
But for other reasons that actually have a chance of happening, alternate Pokemon Trainers are probably the big one. I'd play as the FR/LG girl 100% of the time if she was an alt.

Damn I can't believe I forgot to mention this idea! Yeah, it'd be awesome and I think it has a really good chance of happening, whether or not the other characters get alternate costumes. It seems to me the main reason the character is just called "Pokemon Trainer" rather than his actual name of "Red" is so that you can also play as the female version in the same character. :D

Insaniac said:
are you kidding about Link? Forget the old costumes, we need Zora armor and Magic Armor for his alternates :)

Well, I do like those outfits too... but c'mon, wouldn't it be great to play as a 3d version of old-school Link? :)

I wouldn't mind alternate costumes, as long as they significantly changed the cosmetics for the character. For example: If Daisy is going to be an alternate costume, I'd rather not have her as just a different palette colored Peach, but depict her as she is in the Mario Kart (or Party, or Tennis or whatever) with a different voice and everything. But still keep all of the moves the same.

MrCheez

There is definitely a high chance of a character being shown tonight. Fridayton!!!!!!!!!

If it's a returning character it shall be... Ice Climbers, Ness or Captain Falcon!

If it's a new character it shall be... Tom Nook, or Lucas!

Jiggy

So far we've averaged more than one character profile per week.

May 22-25: Mario, Link, Pit
May 28-June 1: Nobody
June 4-8: Kirby, Pikachu
June 11-15: Fox, Samus
June 18-22: Wario
June 25-29: Zelda
July 2-6: Bowser
July 9-13: Donkey Kong
July 16-20: Zero Suit Samus
July 23-27: Yoshi
July 30-August 3: Ike
August 6-10: Nobody
August 13-17: Pokemon Trainer, Peach
August 20-24: Diddy Kong
August 27-31: Nobody
September 3-7: Meta Knight

Since we haven't had a character yet this week, I think it's safe to assume a character tonight.
I'm sticking to my prediction from yesterday: Captain Falcon or Lucas. If Captain Falcon, he'll be revealed with his final smash simultaneously because we haven't seen a new final smash since August 23rd. If Lucas, he'll be shown in Smashville, cheered on by Animal Crossing characters, to make Amir0x's head explode.

ohamsie

I think it will be a character update as well. I'll guess returning character Ganondorf, but you can tell he has all new moves.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Last update of the week this week, also predicting a character (or singleplayer update for second choice).

Alas I have to be at work early tonight and won't be able to watch it drop live

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
knkng said:
I don't hate Tingle or anything, but I'd definitely prefer Midna over him.
And include the Wind Waker version of Ganondorf, please
:D
Thats unlikely to happen. Since they used Links TP model, they'll probably use Ganondorfs TP model too. Its better that way anyway. Although I really like the wind waker version of ganondorf, the twilight princess version has been the best so far.

psycho_snake said:
Thats unlikely to happen. Since they used Links TP model, they'll probably use Ganondorfs TP model too. Its better that way anyway. Although I really like the wind waker version of ganondorf, the twilight princess version has been the best so far.

I'd shit myself if they made a TP-style version of Ganondorf's weeaboo outfit from WW as an alternate costume.

That'd be too awesome.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
SuperAngelo64 said:
mario-strikers-charged-200608240140.jpg

That's all I'm asking for!

Jeez I bet you were buying Oakley and No Fear t shirts in the 90's like NOBODY'S business.

Plus, did they give him boob armor? Thats such a "trying too hard to be cool and hip and edgy and awesome" design, it sucks ass. I like the way its drawn, for all its worth.

Im predicting something big. Dunno what, but a double update feels right ... unless its a character.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
SuperAngelo64 said:
I'd shit myself if they made a TP-style version of Ganondorf's weeaboo outfit from WW as an alternate costume.

That'd be too awesome.
It wouldnt mind at all, but I'd still prefer Ganondorfs TP model. If they do use any characters from wind waker, I want it to be young link.

Firestorm

Sharp said:
I predict the revelation of the new Wii minigames section. Home Run Derby has never felt so realistic!

I just imagined people trying to bat drop with the WiiMote :lol

It'd be pretty cool for us non-hardcore HRCers

Insaniac

Anyone notice that for the description of Go K.K. Rider, he says "Heroes always arrive late"

and then later when he revealed Meta Knight he says "whose introduction was delayed for some reason..."

Meta Knight confirmed Hero of Subspace emissary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom