• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef3483

usea said:
My point was the same as yours. There is absolutely no way any of us can have even a fraction of the necessary information to begin to call intra-company business deals one-sided or silly or whatever else.

This is Neogaf. Few here have enough information to make any of the claims that they do, but that doesn't stop them. Go look at the NPD threads.

My point was that, on the surface, this seems like a very lop-sided deal in Konamis favor. You can agree or disagree. But being a smartass accomplishes nothing.

The crazy thing is the official Halo 3 thread and the official thread that will be made for Brawl will in all likelihood both be bigger than this thread.

Darkpen

Banned
So what do you guys think. They're using MGS4 music, while the character model is clearly based off of Snake's MGS2 outfit, and the only MGS ever released on a Nintendo console was MGS1:TTS

Please note that I said "MGS," not "MG."

And considering just how powerful the Wii is (despite terrible game releases on it by third parties), what do you think is the chance of Konami actually rereleasing MGS 1-3 on the Wii? D: Perhaps with redone textures, upped character models, totally revamped controls, and same voices.

I can see it totally being done, especially considering MGS4's revamped control scheme.

Or, you know, just straight ports with some tinkering here and there for efficient hardware use and a different control scheme.

However, the lack of pressure-sensitive buttons is troubling, as it was back in The Twin Snakes with automatic rifles.

There's also, of course, the issue of graphical fidelity, and also the fact that Twin Snakes was developed by SK.

:(

I swear, I'm just leading myself down a spiraling path of fanboy anti-gasm.

EDIT: oh, and just for the hell of it: they're using his MGS2 outfit with Big Boss's face, like how in Subsistence, they used MGS2 Raiden's Skull Suit with Major Raikov's face.

LegendofJoe said:
The crazy thing is the official Halo 3 thread and the official thread that will be made for Brawl will in all likelihood both be bigger than this thread.

Personally i doubt it, this thread is so massive because 5 days a week there are updates + there's all that fanboy discussion and speculation.

The official thread for Brawl couldn't even get near the heights of this one. In fact, i wouldn't mind if this became the official Brawl thread.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
There shouldn't be a need for more remakes or ports in the MGS series. There is at least a remake/port available on multiple systems per game, bar MGS3 which happens to be on one of the biggest userbase consoles. Not to mention Konami releasing the Metal Gear Solid collection recently in Japan.

Alkaliine said:
Personally i doubt it, this thread is so massive because 5 days a week there are updates + there's all that fanboy discussion and speculation.

The official thread for Brawl couldn't even get near the heights of this one. In fact, i wouldn't mind if this became the official Brawl thread.

Are you kidding me? The fact that the Wii has no online lobbies will make the official Brawl thread massive. I mean where else are you going to talk about matches after you've played them?

Teasel

you know i was thinking... doesn't mgs4 music break the "only stuff that was on nintendo console" rules?
MGS4 ON WII OR CLOUD IN SSBB!

Darkpen

Banned
turk128 said:
His official site... http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/u1h/

And it would be freakin awesome if they gave Snake different holds for specific types of characters (like a Kancho for Wario).
lol, oh shit, look at his Forza 2 paint job D:

d6e59905.jpg

I hate realistic racing games, but Forza 2 just may be my first.

Darkpen

Banned
Teasel said:
you know i was thinking... doesn't mgs4 music break the "only stuff that was on nintendo console" rules?
No kidding. I mean, while we're at it, why not just throw in just about any
Square-Enix
franchise as a cameo? I'd love to see
Cecil
and
Kain
(and they would tie-in nicely with the
FF4 DS remake
), or even
Sora
from
KH
, for that matter.

SAKURAI, WE WANT OUR CAMEOS. MAKE IT HAPPENNNNNNNNNNNN

but
Cloud
? lulz D:

I don't think
S-E
would undermine their own fighting game :/

Haunted

Teasel said:
That only goes for characters, as I understood it.

And Cloud was on a Nintendo console anyway.

LegendofJoe said:
Are you kidding me? The fact that the Wii has no online lobbies will make the official Brawl thread massive. I mean where else are you going to talk about matches after you've played them?

Good point, but you really think it will reach around 35,000 - 45,000 posts like this one will?

Never in a million years.

I was kidding.

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
It's a little surprised face. But as opposed to pleasantly surprised : D

It is unpleasantly surprised D :
Well, the mouth is above the eyes in that case. That's unacceptable.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Allow me to illustrate:
4um5kex.png
That illustration is ace, though. :lol

SantaC

wow what an awesome update and I believe we also became the largest thread ever on gaf with the annoucement. :D

a couple of things:

1) Snake in a nintendo game will help nintendo more than playstation for sure. There is no argueing.

2) I am surprised Snake uses real millitary weapons in a Nintendo game, but very sweet :)

3) I hope we dont get characters like pac-man, they can do better than so.

4) it's been one heck of a week, if they annouce Simon Belmont, I am gonna die.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Take out Toad and put in Waluigi. Add in Bomberman. THEN, it's fine.

1) Snake in a nintendo game will help nintendo more than playstation for sure. There is no argueing.

Explain.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
SantaC said:
2) I am surprised Snake uses real millitary weapons in a Nintendo game, but very sweet :)

Well he'd be pretty untrue to the original source material if he didn't have all his trademark weaponry. Minus the guns, since Sakurai has specifically mentioned that Snake would look inappropriate shooting at Nintendo characters with real world guns and rifles.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The MGS4 theme is pretty decent, but I like most of the others more than I like this. I would have loved to see the proper MGS theme.

I agree - the fake picture is very, very nice. Tom Nook and Mii as playable characters... :D

In time, I believe that the official Brawl -thread will become bigger than this thread, though. All the match-making, friend-code exchanging, boasting about new achievements and techniques, debates over characters, play-modes and stages... It will be an endless embargo of Brawl-related discussion. :)

SantaC

WildArms said:
Take out Toad and put in Waluigi. Add in Bomberman. THEN, it's fine.

Explain.

was is there to explain? snake has been the norm on playstation since the PS1 days while Nintendo fans haven't seen him since a so-so remake. I think snake in smash bros gets more sonyfans to buy the game as well.

Lobster

Banned
WildArms said:

Because its in a Nintendo game thats on a Nintendo platform that will make money for Nintendo.

Snake in a Nintendo game wouldn't help Sony at all. They would make no moneys.

His "1)" was a very..weird comment.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Lobster said:
Because its in a Nintendo game thats on a Nintendo platform that will make money for Nintendo.

Snake in a Nintendo game wouldn't help Sony at all. They would make no moneys.

His "1)" was a very..weird comment.

So you're saying the number of people that will buy Smash just for Snake (so they wouldn't have bought it if there were no Snake, seriously how many people will do this?), is higher than the number of people who will buy Metal Gear Solid 4 because Snake is in this game.

Hmm. Possible I guess.

Personally, I was going to buy Smash no matter what (obviously, I'm a Nintendo fan), and I couldn't care less about MGS, but because Snake is in this game, it has caused me to look into MGS4 a little, so you can say it's 1-0 already.

Lobster

Banned
WildArms said:
So you're saying the number of people that will buy Smash just for Snake (so they wouldn't have bought it if there were no Snake, seriously how many people will do this?), is higher than the number of people who will buy Metal Gear Solid 4 because Snake is in this game.

Hmm. Possible I guess.

Personally, I was going to buy Smash no matter what (obviously, I'm a Nintendo fan), and I couldn't care less about MGS, but because Snake is in this game, it has caused me to look into MGS4 a little, so you can say it's 1-0 already.

I just mean that people buying this game because of Snake won't benefit Snake because the money goes to Nintendo.

Having Snake in MGS4 doesn't benefit Nintendo because Nintendo doesn't make money from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom