• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Darunia said:
628yidg.jpg
5zonfxu.jpg

"Well, it allows for maximum mobility.

"Feels like I'm wearing
6he1s90.jpg

nothin' at all!

66ayyx1.jpg

Nothin' at all!

6f0cys8.jpg

Nothin' at all!"

Linkhero1

You guys know what time it is?

'Cuz I think you guys know what time it is. You might pretend like you don't, but you know you do.

And you know that you want it.

It's time for an Ass Battle.

"Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all!

Nothin' at all!

NOTHIN' AT ALL!"
More like Ass War

So many asses so little time

MrCheez said:
Here is a friendly public service announcement for everyone who is anticipating a Snake character update on the site:

DON'T. I mean, it is entirely POSSIBLE that he will get revealed (as Sakurai can do whatever he wants in the end), but there is some big evidence that says it WON'T happen (until after the game's release)

Sakurai has said Snake will be an unlockable, and he has also hinted that the Dojo will not be showing any unlockable content until after the game's release. (This is also consistent with the way the old Melee site was updated back when that game came out).

Anyway, just making yet another note of this because people seem to constantly get their hopes up for his update. :p

Edit: I think it's likely we'll still see him in future trailers on the site (because of what a big deal he is marketing wise)... I just don't think any unlockable content will have entries/their own pages until after the game comes out.

:lol :lol :lol

Was Hamlet ever on a Nintendo system?

He could have a move where everyone dies horribly, and make that his final. At the end, there are 4 skulls on the floor and the words "Alas, I knew him, Horatio" hovering on the screen.

Darkpen

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Was Hamlet ever on a Nintendo system?

He could have a move where everyone dies horribly, and make that his final. At the end, there are 4 skulls on the floor and the words "Alas, I knew him, Horatio" hovering on the screen.
go back a few pages, and yes, we realize it was "I knew him, Horatio"

Kenka

How in the world is it possible to have Sony console-exclusive stuff in SSBB ?

The door is open to countless nintendosexuals phantasms. Among them : Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon, Rumble Roses girls and Auron.

Plus : Alucard, Ryu, Cecil who already appeared on Nintendo systems

Linkhero1

Kenka said:

The door is open to countless nintendosexuals phantasms. Among them : Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon, Rumble Roses girls and Auron.

Don't you see it yet? SSBB is slowly turning into MGS4 =P

Threi

notag
Kenka said:

Because Metal Gear, like a lot of franchises that appeared on PS1/PS2, are not Sony-exclusive.

Linkhero1

I've really been scarred. Now every time I play Brawl I know I'm going to be starring at their asses which will cause me to lose. >:| I blame you guys.

EktorPR

Scribble said:
1: Smash Bros Logo (Smash Bros.)
2: “DK” Logo (Donkey Kong)
3: Great Fox Emblem (Star Fox)
5: “F-Zero” Logo
6: Screw Attack (Metroid)
7: Earth (Earthbound)
8: Pokeball (Pokemon)
9: Triforce (Legend of Zelda)
10: Mushroom (Mario)
11: Egg (Yoshi)
12: Sword (Fire Emblem)
13:
14: Eggplant (Ice Climber)
15: Leaf (Animal Crossing)
16: “W” (WarioWare)
17: METAL GEAR SOLID CONFIRMED
18: Bow & Arrow (Kid Icarus)

Ok, I know this dates from a few pages back, but can someone please explain the reasoning behind this list to me?

Teasel

EktorPR said:
Ok, I know this dates from a few pages back, but can someone please explain the reasoning behind this list to me?
if you check for extra info by left-clicking the icons on the site they have number,also notice that the first 11 are all original smash bros franchise
and from 12 to 14 are franchise introduced in melee (with 13 being probably mr.game & watch)

CreatureX3 said:
Cool pics of Snake. Maybe he'll be revealed tonight? :D
Woo I had a feeling he was going to be revealed! :D

Snake looks bad-ass. All his moves look great and I can't wait to use him. Also can't wait to see what is final smash will be. :D

EktorPR

Teasel said:
if you check for extra info by left-clicking the icons on the site they have number,also notice that the first 11 are all original smash bros franchise
and from 12 to 14 are franchise introduced in melee (with 13 being probably mr.game & watch)

Thanks!! :D

1: Smash Bros Logo (Smash Bros.)
2: “DK” Logo (Donkey Kong)
3: Great Fox Emblem (Star Fox)
5: “F-Zero” Logo
6: Screw Attack (Metroid)
7: Earth (Earthbound)
8: Pokeball (Pokemon)
9: Triforce (Legend of Zelda)
10: Mushroom (Mario)
11: Egg (Yoshi)
12: Sword (Fire Emblem)
13:
14: Eggplant (Ice Climber)
15: Leaf (Animal Crossing)
16: “W” (WarioWare)
17: METAL GEAR SOLID CONFIRMED
18: Bow & Arrow (Kid Icarus)

Where is number 4 on that list? Did they take it out for bad luck?

I find it interesting that 4 (japanese bad luck number) and 13 (The west's bad luck number) are missing from that list.

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Where is number 4 on that list? Did they take it out for bad luck?

I find it interesting that 4 (japanese bad luck number) and 13 (The west's bad luck number) are missing from that list.
huh... no idea why its left out of the list, but its Kirby's star.

world_b_04.gif

Stalfos

Linkhero1 said:
If he's in the game I think he would be a secret character which won't be announced on the site.

I don't see why they wouldn't announce it before hand. If he is in they would probably get a lot of Sonic fans to buy the game just for him.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Maxrpg said:
I was reading through the whole thing and MrCheez got owned totally :lol :lol

I like how he was totally adamant about a Snake update and then he got owned. Three times. :lol :lol

:lol Yeah I did. At least if I had to be so thoroughly owned, it got to be from someone as rad as Sakurai. Whoever said that it seems like Sakurai reads GAF is right O_O

Pretty unlucky that the ONE NIGHT I decide to get into heavy discussion about how Snake wouldn't be shown is the same freakin' night it happens. Grrr

Oh well... I wonder what this means at this point:

1) Snake is a starter character,
or 2) Sakurai doesn't mind showing unlockable content on the site before the games release,
or 3) Number 2 is in effect ONLY for Snake because he's a special case (since Sakurai and Kojima are buddy buddys)
or 4) Nothing is possible to predict anymore, just stop trying!

Linkhero1

Stalfos said:
I don't see why they wouldn't announce it before hand. If he is in they would probably get a lot of Sonic fans to buy the game just for him.
I think it'd be because they claimed that the first game that Sonic and Mario would be in is that Olympic game. If they do announce Sonic (not on Brawl site) then it'd probably be after the Olympic game comes out. I don't know the release date for it so I can't really say much.

SantaC

Stalfos said:

I am pretty sure they wont reveal everything on the site.

MrCheez said:
:lol Yeah I did. At least if I had to be so thoroughly owned, it got to be from someone as rad as Sakurai. Whoever said that it seems like Sakurai reads GAF is right O_O

Pretty unlucky that the ONE NIGHT I decide to get into heavy discussion about how Snake wouldn't be shown is the same freakin' night it happens. Grrr

Oh well... I wonder what this means at this point:

1) Snake is a starter character,
or 2) Sakurai doesn't mind showing unlockable content on the site before the games release,
or 3) Number 2 is in effect ONLY for Snake because he's a special case (since Sakurai and Kojima are buddy buddys)
or 4) Nothing is possible to predict anymore, just stop trying!
I'm really thinking it's just #4. Count me in the camp that was sure that Snake's profile wouldn't be mentioned on the site, and lo and behold, we get Snake, MGS music, and Snake's moves all in one day! :lol
Not that I'm complaining, since I can finally prove to some of my friends that, yes, he is still in the game and not cut for some weird reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom