• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Sharp said:
Yeah, pretty much the only thing that could have made this game more fanservicey would be playable Megaman, Ridley and
not Lynn sorry Zeed
castlevan.jpg

A-FUCKING-HEM

Insaniac

ElFly said:
Well, with Sonic out of the way, the only update I give a fuck about, is the lyrics of the main theme.

SRSLY, where they are? I want to sing like an idiot!

still waiting for a robust replay feature :)

You know what I just thought about? How awesome it's gonna be when they posterize Sonic in the screenshots from all the new updates from here on out.

Scribble

Enk said:
Damn, it's the new Sonic.

Double damn, it's his new music!

As cool as Sonic would be in this game it just feels really out of place to have the HIP Sonic instead of the classic one. It's almost like an infectious disease. The HIP Sonic always represented the bad Sonic games for me, and now he is being placed with all these great game characters.

I DO see where you're coming from, but Live and Learn IS a good song, and Sonic Adventure 2 is a good game.

If it was any other 3D Sonic song I'd be pissed off, but Live and Learn is epic. Plus, Sonic will make a comeback under this design, one day. Evidence:

Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic in Brawl
Sonic Bioware RPG

Darkpen

Banned
So, either that last part of the Nintendo Conference trailer shows everyone using taunts, or maybe, JUST MAYBE, Peach has a brand new move?

I mean seriously, look at the part where she, very briefly, is shown with bowser, where she's going "na na na na na na" with her doing a sort of curtsy dance thing, and Bowser's spinning. I mean seriously, it looks almost like a dancing version of Jigglypuff's Sing.

Also, does anyone think that Jigglypuff won't be coming back? Jigglypuff was significant in the anime during the first season or two, but last time I checked, its all about the Diamond and Pearl world, and I doubt she's still relevant. Admitedly, it has a unique moveset, but... you know.

But holy shit at the video, rewatching it over and over, lol. Fuck, I'm tired. Damn Tylenol PM.

Dear lord, can anyone cook up a PSP-ready version of both trailers? I need to show this to my manager tomorrow, and GameTrailers doesn't download in PSP format, just iPod.

corez

MrCheez said:
The moment they announce Megaman for this game, I don't think I even HAVE any "wildest dreams" left to be fulfilled...

Well, maybe you can dream that Cloud from FF7 will be announced as a new character.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
QuickKick89 said:
Dear lord, can anyone cook up a PSP-ready version of both trailers? I need to show this to my manager tomorrow, and GameTrailers doesn't download in PSP format, just iPod.

I still can't even fucking watch the trailers. Can someone even YouTube them?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Guys lets talk about the scary thought of a delay for just a few more minutes before I go to bed, because I am paranoid.

What does the Japanese Wii release schedule look like compared to the US release schedule? Because I'm sure that even if the reason for this delay is because Sakurai still has work left to do on this game, Nintendo is still going to take their other releases into account when it comes to scheduling.

WiiFit is December in japan, and Januray (I think?) in the US, right? Maybe that means we can still expect a December release so that the two games don't step on eachother's toes?

How weird and unlikely would it be to get the game a full month before Japan? Hmmm

MrCheez

corez said:
Well, maybe you can dream that Cloud from FF7 will be announced as a new character.

I'd rather have Mog or a black mage as my Square Rep to be honest. *shrug* Would be much more fitting for Smash Bros.

Or hey... how about that one guy

You know...

Crono.

KingJ2002

omg... sonic! abnd he's cool again!

for some reason i keep repeating "sonics the name... speeds my game!"

this game needs more mega man but i would definitely camp out for this game.

i wish SNK was in this game... having marco from metal slug in the game would be sick

Darkpen

Banned
Scribble said:
I DO see where you're coming from, but Live and Learn IS a good song, and Sonic Adventure 2 is a good game.

If it was any other 3D Sonic song I'd be pissed off, but Live and Learn is epic. Plus, Sonic will make a comeback under this design, one day. Evidence:

Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic in Brawl
Sonic Bioware RPG
Very true. I'm hearing good things about the Rush series (I should check out the first Rush, huh).

I'd also like to note to the guy scribble quoted: Sonic's always been hip. He's always had attitude. He's always been DIFFERENT like that.

If there's one thing I blame Sonic for, though, is the god damn chili dogs. I mean, fuck, man. Sure, the TMNT promoted Pizza, but people loved pizza to begin with. Every other childhood cartoon supported healthy foods like spinach and mushrooms, but Sonic? He had fucking chlidogs. Oh my god. Pizza from TMNT, and Chili dogs from Sonic.

AniHawk

MrCheez said:
Guys lets talk about the scary thought of a delay for just a few more minutes before I go to bed, because I am paranoid.

What does the Japanese Wii release schedule look like compared to the US release schedule? Because I'm sure that even if the reason for this delay is because Sakurai still has work left to do on this game, Nintendo is still going to take their other releases into account when it comes to scheduling.

WiiFit is December in japan, and Januray (I think?) in the US, right? Maybe that means we can still expect a December release so that the two games don't step on eachother's toes?

How weird and unlikely would it be to get the game a full month before Japan? Hmmm

Well we got an English TP before any other region, so it's not implausible. On the other hand, if it was a simple week-or-two move, it wouldn't be "TBD" all of a sudden.

Sharp

The fact that some of you thought Sonic's animation sequence was genuinely "cool" means I can never trust your opinions again about anything ever.

MrCheez

AniHawk said:
Well we got an English TP before any other region, so it's not implausible. On the other hand, if it was a simple week-or-two move, it wouldn't be "TBD" all of a sudden.

How much earlier did we get TP before Japan?

And yeah... the TBD thing is really strange. Maybe the guy translating the site was given instructions to hold off on adding information that will be provided to us tomorrow at the NOA conference? Who knows :/

PkunkFury

guys, the release date is just TBD

how do we know they aren't moving it up!?!?

huh?

huh?

c'mon please humor me I need this thing over winter break :(

AniHawk

MrCheez said:
How much earlier did we get TP before Japan?

And yeah... the TBD thing is really strange. Maybe the guy translating the site was given instructions to hold off on adding information that will be provided to us tomorrow at the NOA conference? Who knows :/

We got it about 2 weeks earlier.

Scribble

Darkpen said:
Very true. I'm hearing good things about the Rush series (I should check out the first Rush, huh).

Yeah, definitely. They're extremely good games which are keep the awesome classic gameplay alive.

The Advance and Rush series have saved Sonic from being a "bottom tier" franchise, IMO. I have to try Sonic and the Secret Rings too -- I heard that it's only an OK game, but it's a step in the right direction.

I should go to sleep instead of watching the Sonic video over and over. Strangely enough, I was never that excited about the idea of him being in Brawl initially (and even when it was just ANNOUNCED a little while ago), but the video itself just increased my anticipation for the game tenfold (and it's already my most wanted game ever by a large margin). Sonic looks great, and using him looks as if it will be a blast.

My inner child is beaming. Sure as hell, this shit is surreal.

Yazan

Btw, what other 3rd party characters do you want? Other than Megaman, of course:)

I really wish that Sakurai would add more characters from Capcom. Phoenix, Leon and maybe Arthur.

Jiggy

fronn said:
I figured, but since there is apparently only a couple character slots left
Hold it!
No there aren't. :p Just counting SSBM characters, we haven't gotten Captain Falcon, Ness, Luigi, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Falco, Sheik, Young Link, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Dr. Mario, Pichu, or Roy. Even assuming half of those characters get cut (which seems like a high estimate to me), that's still seven more character slots.

And that would still be assuming that all newcomers had been revealed, which is probably not safe to assume. So in reality it's more like 10+ character slots left.

Darkpen said:
Also, does anyone think that Jigglypuff won't be coming back? Jigglypuff was significant in the anime during the first season or two, but last time I checked, its all about the Diamond and Pearl world, and I doubt she's still relevant. Admitedly, it has a unique moveset, but... you know.
What exactly have you been "checking"? :p The Pokemon Trainer model is from Fire Red/Leaf Green, and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard are all first-generation Pokemon.

This isn't to say that Jigglypuff will return. I'm dead afraid that she won't (though I was also biting my nails every day for SSBM until I found out she was back), but just saying that the Smash Bros. series hasn't shown an inclination to use D/P Pokemon, so that's not a strong reason.
Actually, Pokemon has been the SSB series that seems most resistant to getting new characters from the new games. SSBM added a third R/B character in addition to the G/S character, and now it's SSBB and we've basically gotten three more R/B characters. This is as compared to, say, Legend of Zelda, where Link's moves are updated to Twilight Princess standards, or Mario, where FLUDD's brought in, etc.

Comic

Enk said:
The HIP Sonic always represented the bad Sonic games for me, and now he is being placed with all these great game characters.

He's always been HIP and COOL, just he never really got to talk before the Dreamcast.... outside of his cartoon series, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom