• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

When I saw this I was initially a bit disappointed. I thought "Yeah cool, Home-Run contest is back. Is that it?" But then I saw the co-op and online modes, and thought "fuck yeah!"

Jiggy

This is one of those quietly cool kind of updates. :D Nothing mind-blowing at first glance, but each little detail is really nice!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hopefully there's an online version of Multi-Man Melee.

A co-op version of Cruel Melee would be rather entertaining.

And why the hell does Firefox's spellcheck not consider "melee" a word?

Dreavus

WildArms said:
Now that Sonic and Home run is confirmed, who needs Mario & Sonic at the olympic games?

Never thought of that! It does rather seem like a track and field sort of event doesn't it... in a bizarre, Smash bros kind of way. :D

m00

Home Run Contest!

From the German site:

:lol

32zm689.jpg

PAFF! Damit schickst du ihn auf die Reise!

Jiggy

Statistics aren't that numerous or interesting when the updates don't involve a specific series, but nonetheless...

-This is the 9th game mode update.
-This is the 2nd update concerning online gameplay functionality. (Specifying "gameplay" because we also know about sharing photos.) The other update was Wi-Fi Play, which also came on a Tuesday. Tuesday the online update day confirmed?

Wow, it seems like they are just taking everything from Melee and making it better.

Special Melee: Now you can mix and match
Snapshots: Now you can take them anytime, and send them online!
Home Run: Multiplayer, Online, and shields!

usea said:
Why do you keep trolling this thread every other day? It's gotten old.
Was he trolling? I'm not trying to argue, I just thought he meant using the Wiimote to swing the bat, which may have been cool. *shrugs*

Wow.

Every update amazes me.

Online modes for home run contest?

Sheesh?

Wow.

I'm in shock.

I hope there aren't friend codes. (wii system codes please)

I really think they delayed the game to make room for nintendo's announcement of a voice chatting equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl ships with it or if it gets announced around the same time.

I mean it's like EVERYTHING in this game is going online. It would be the biggest crime ever to not have voice chat functionality

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MindCollizion said:
¡PAF! ¡Chúpate esa!
:lol :lol :lol
Japanese: カキーーン!!
American: PWANG!
British: THWACK!
German: PAFF!
French: BOING!
Spanish: ¡PAF!
Italian: PWANG!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Shadowmancer said:
I didn't say he was trolling. I just asked what was to be gained by limiting the choices of the player.

lol :lol
usea said:
Why do you keep trolling this thread every other day? It's gotten old.
Whoops! It was this guy! I guess I owe you an apology!

Sorry. I'll name my first child after you now...

Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!Incredible! Two can enjoy it!

Speevy said:
Fine, no limit. Forget I said anything.

Look, if you meant that u swung the bat using the WiiMote, I admit, that has some appeal. However, I just don't see how it would work, from a physical standpoint. I mean u hold it sideways to use attacks, then change grip after u grab the bat?

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, that doesnt sound so bad. It would work with the WiiMote, but just leave the option of other control schemes in. Fair?

Koomaster

Hated this mode in the last game, why would I want to take it online? At least there is a forcefield there this time so I won't accidentially drop the bag off the platform trying to attack it.

It'd be interesting in co-op play if you could attack your partner and then send them flying in place of the sandbag, that'd be funny as hell. :)

Jiggy

I like hate find it interesting how Lucas is in one of these shots, yet they still avoid showing whether he has a bat, just to continue that fear that he might have inherited Ness' moveset and made him get cut. They could have had a shot with a caption: "No, not that kind of a bat!"

Busaiku

Wait, so if the sandbag bounces off the shield as well, I'm thinking the only way to hit it out is with the Home Run Bat? So specials won't work or something?
That would suck for some characters.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I like hate find it interesting how Lucas is in one of these shots, yet they still avoid showing whether he has a bat, just to continue that fear that he might have inherited Ness' moveset and made him get cut. They could have had a shot with a caption: "No, not that kind of a bat!"

This is because Sakurai hates me.

Busaiku said:
Wait, so if the sandbag bounces off the shield as well, I'm thinking the only way to hit it out is with the Home Run Bat? So specials won't work or something?

No, it seems like it just takes more knockback to knock it out (if I am reading it correctly).

m00

Busaiku said:
Sakurai said:
If you don’t put some force into it, you won’t break through the shield, so you can pummel Sandbag to your heart’s content. Surely this will allow you to string together new combos.
So it seems that to break through the shield, you just need to give Sandbag a good solid THWACK. Or a PWANG, as the Americans call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom