• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

speedpop said:
Updates are at 5pm my time, it's now 6:10ish or so :D

Also slightly happy to see that it doesn't affect the updates for my timezone in regards to DST.

oooh the DST didnt affect the update? :lol i didnt even realize it haha. i was wondering why nobody was talking about the update when it was barely midnight my time

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ashhong said:
oooh the DST didnt affect the update? :lol i didnt even realize it haha. i was wondering why nobody was talking about the update when it was barely midnight my time

The ending of DST should make the updates an hour earlier for everyone.

RagnarokX

Dreavus said:
You know I always found it a little disconcerting how just any old pokemon trainer could just waltz in and capture a god for his pocket monster collection. I mean, the legendary creatures in diamond and pearl are
the masters of time and space with whom team galactic was going to destroy the world with
, and you come in and capture them no problem.

And then you battle the elite four with said gods. I would think they'd be a little more terrified of you then they seem to be.

Ah well, it's not like the pokemon universe is renowned for is unparalleled realism. :lol
Don't worry about pokemon logic. They kill their own continuity. There is only supposed to be one of each legendary in the world according to the games, but multiple trainers in the game can have the same legendaries. Most glaring example off the top of my head: the Tower Tycoon in D/P.

Dreavus

grandjedi6 said:
I don't think you needed to spoil that :lol

And you do realize that in Diamond and Pearl you can catch an actual God pokemon

heheh, well, maybe some people actually care about the story?

Yeah I know you can catch some other divine being, though I don't remember his name. He's the one where you attach those plates to him and change his type around.

That FE theme is awesome. I want a latin orchestral version of "I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was (dum dum dum) to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cauuuusee". That would be awesome :p

scottnak

DST Update clarification:

If you TURNED BACK YOUR CLOCKS, then the japan time update comes THAT AMOUNT OF TIME EARLIER. Japan does not observe Daylight savings. If you didn't either, then it stays exactly the same.

For example, West coast: Updates used to be @ Midnight. DST Drops 1 hour, Now it's at 11PM.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Yeah, this breaks the threshold over whether I stay up for updates or not. Its gone from 2 am to 1 am for me, which makes it feasible. However.. then one thing less to look forward to for the morning. Decisions..

Oh, and there better fucking be a 'theatre' in the game or something where these are all saved and you can watch them again.

m00

Suburban Cowboy said:
so was that dragon a pokemon?
I think that Rayquaza is really a dinosaur, not a dragon.

scottnak said:

If you TURNED BACK YOUR CLOCKS, then the japan time update comes THAT AMOUNT OF TIME EARLIER. Japan does not observe Daylight savings. If you didn't either, then it stays exactly the same.

For example, West coast: Updates used to be @ Midnight. DST Drops 1 hour, Now it's at 11PM.
30hrl9x.jpg

RagnarokX

scottnak said:

2gsl72w.jpg

for your everyday life.

Haunted

Awesome video, great stuff.

Also, as a huge FE nut, I have to say that this music update was not only tolerable, but quite excellent. Best song I've heard so far (tied with the Zelda medley).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
scottnak said:

Sounds about right. The state that I live in Australia doesn't observe DST either so nothing gets changed for me.

Haunted One said:
Also, as a huge FE nut, I have to say that this music update was not only tolerable, but quite excellent. Best song I've heard so far (tied with the Zelda medley).

I've never even touched a FE game and I can definitely say that this is the best track in Brawl so far.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Dreavus said:
heheh, well, maybe some people actually care about the story?

Yeah I know you can catch some other divine being, though I don't remember his name. He's the one where you attach those plates to him and change his type around.

That's Arceus you're thinking of there old boy. It'd be ace if he was involved with the Subspace Emissary somehow.

Also, why is Diddy Kong on his own? Did Donkey Kong lose his fight with Bowser or something?

I thought Arceus was the God Pokemon?

I really don't know how they're going to top the last Pokemon game.
The precious ores were Diamond and Pearl.
The unique Legendaries controlled Time and Space.
And the rarest Pokemon is literally the God of all Pokemon.

The Pokedex entries on some Pokemon are actually rather depressing or twisted. A lot of them kill people, get eaten, or live awful and miserable lives. Like Paras, it's being controlled by the mushroom. The Parasect is actually being utterly controlled, and will eventually be killed when the fungus consumes its entire body; it's also forced by the fungus to spread the spores onto its eggs, infecting its own children with their own seal of death.
There's a couple like this, yeah. Feralgatr's entry mentions how it kills things with its massive jaw, ripping their flesh from their bones. Bannette's entry talks about how it was originally a doll thrown away by a spoiled child near the spiritual mountain, when it absorbed all the spirits of malice in the world and is now hunting down the child that abandoned it.

My favorite is Hypno, who kidnapped a child from the village and was the villagers rioted against it, with pitchforks and torches and whatnot.

Or Drifloon who's pokedex entry says it tugs on the hands of children to steal them away and that it's formed by the dead spirits of Pokemon and people.

Or Spiritomb which is made of 108 spirits which have been punished for 500 years and confined to a keystone for their misdeeds.

Or Gengar who is just a dastardly dick. His pokedex entries say he hides in the corners of your room until it gets a chance to take your life force. It also says he 'takes the lives' of people who get lost in the mountains.

What a fuck.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SuperAngelo64 said:

The one you attach the plates to is also the God pokemon, Arceus.

Well first they will release 5 more versions of Diamond and Pearl. Then they will remake Gold and Silver. And finally they will just make Pokemon Carbonate Structure and Pokemon Silician Structure. Along with a third edition of Pokemon Crystalline Structure. Plus who says they can't have multiple God Pokemon. Plus they might even have the game on a whole new island! And who needs to control time and space when you can have legendaries that control the cosmos and spirit!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
grandjedi6 said:
The one you attach the plates to is also the God pokemon, Arceus.

Well first they will release 5 more versions of Diamond and Pearl. Then they will remake Gold and Silver. And finally they will just make Pokemon Carbonate Structure and Pokemon Silician Structure. Along with a third edition of Pokemon Crystalline Structure. Plus who says they can't have multiple God Pokemon. Plus they might even have the game on a whole new island! And who needs to control time and space when you can have legendaries that control the cosmos and spirit!

If you read the text carefully in Diamond and Pearl, it can be construed that Arceus is in fact only the ultimate God Pokemon of the Orre region, since it mentions the creation of Dialga, Palkia, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit and the rest of the land there, but doesn't mention the creation of ultimate Pokemon from other regions (nothing about Ho-oh, Lugia, Rayquaza, Mew e.t.c.).

In any case I can easily see them turning around later on and saying "Yeah well, remember that two-bit loser Arceus? Thought he was the God Pokemon? Nah mate, THIS is the ultimate God Pokemon!"

...or they could do the ultimate Devil Pokemon, to be Arceus' rival (since the closest thing to that is Darkrai, and he's really only a nightmare-inducing horror Pokemon)

Dreavus

SovanJedi said:
If you read the text carefully in Diamond and Pearl, it can be construed that Arceus is in fact only the ultimate God Pokemon of the Orre region, since it mentions the creation of Dialga, Palkia, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit and the rest of the land there, but doesn't mention the creation of ultimate Pokemon from other regions (nothing about Ho-oh, Lugia, Rayquaza, Mew e.t.c.).

In any case I can easily see them turning around later on and saying "Yeah well, remember that two-bit loser Arceus? Thought he was the God Pokemon? Nah mate, THIS is the ultimate God Pokemon!"

...or they could do the ultimate Devil Pokemon, to be Arceus' rival (since the closest thing to that is Darkrai, and he's really only a nightmare-inducing horror Pokemon)

I have a feeling that at this rate, the legendary Pokemon they create will get more and more powerful until their true form cannot be represented by mere pictures.

Also, is Arceus seen to be "good" in the game? (I haven't caught him yet) Because it seems to me that many, if not all the super powerful pokemon are fairly neutral, and only pose a threat when they are angered/disturbed.

If he is not intrinsically "good", then there probably isn't a need for a "Devil" to go up against him, since all these Legendaries already have the potential to freak out and threaten existence as we know it. Take Dalgia and Palkia for instance: they did not come stomping into town sowing destruction on their own accord, it took someone else to coax them out of their dimension and piss them off enough to get them to really imperil humanity.

I know we're probably looking into this too much, but man, the world of Pokemon is shaping up to be a pretty fucking dangerous place. :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Tell me about it. Night life in the Pokemon world must suck tremendously when you're in fear of these fuckers swooping down and taking your head clean off the moment you step out of a bar or nightclub.

472.png

NeonZ

I think it's mainly because Palkia's and Dialga's creation are related to the beginning of space and time in Pokemon's world. The other Legendaries are important too, but they aren't related to the essence of reality nor can the others create new universes. They appear later on in the Pokemon world, I guess.

For the next game, they can reveal that there are multiple Pokemon worlds and that Arceus is only responsible for one of those worlds, making the next legendary the god of the multiverse! It even works from a gameplay standpoint, parts of those other worlds could be accessible after finishing the main game, like those post Elite Four areas in the other games.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The FE theme is amazing. I love the music updates. All the music thats been composed for this game sounds so fucking good.

I've been trying to watch the video that was put up today, but for some reason the video's on the dojo site never load up for me. Is there any other place I can watch it?

EDIT: Its fine, someone posted a youtube link a couple of pages back

Interesting update in that it seems to confirm another new team-up and playable section with Fox & Diddy Kong. So far, would I be right in saying that the sequence of events for The SubSpace Emissary goes something like:

Mario & Kirby are battling in the arena, with Peach & Zelda among the crowd. Pit watches from high above in Skyworld...

MARIO V. KIRBY BATTLE

They finish their bout then suddenly the Halberd appears overhead. The SubSpace army attack and the two heroes run to meet them…

MARIO & KIRBY V. THE SUBSPACE ARMY

The army, led by the Ancient Minister, set a SubSpace bomb in the stadium before retreating. Mario dashes to disarm the bomb but is knocked flying out of the arena by a projectile hurled by Petey Piranha. Petey steps forward holding a pair of cages, each holding one of the princesses, and Kirby leaps into action…

BOSS FIGHT – PETEY PIRANHA

Kirby battles Petey to try and free the princesses but only succeeds in rescuing one (at the moment, we’ve only seen him rescue Peach, but it is implied he can rescue Zelda instead which would change the following sequences somewhat).

Kirby defeats Petey and frees Peach, but Wario appears and shoots Zelda with a strange weapon then snatches her up and disappears. As the SubSpace bomb nears detonation, Kirby and Peach flee the arena on a Warpstar.

Pit, still watching from high above, is aghast at the destruction of the arena. He turns to his goddess, Palutena, and she hands his weapons and sends him to the world below to do battle with the SubSpace Army. Pit swoops downward, passing the Halberd as it soars away, Primid streaming out of its hold. He catches sight of Mario – now turned to a statue – stranded in the clouds and begins battling his way to the him through the Primid hordes…

PIT V. THE SUBSPACE ARMY

Pit fights his way to Mario. He revives him and the pair descend to earth, battling their foes together…

PIT & MARIO V. THE SUBSPACE ARMY

Meanwhile, Peach & Kirby streak through the air on a Warpstar. They catch up with the Halberd and crashland on the deck…

PEACH & KIRBY ON THE HALBERD

The pair make their way along the deck of the battleship. Out of nowhere, Fox’s Arwing flashes overhead. It makes another pass over the Halberd, avoiding cannon fire but colliding with the ship. The impact sends the Arwing spiralling to the ground below and knocks Peach & Kirby off the Halberd to the ground below…

PEACH & KIRBY V. THE SUBSPACE ARMY

The pair land safely and battle their way into a cave system.
On Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are in hot pursuit of a group of Bowser’s minions who for some reason have stolen the Kong’s hoard of bananas…

DONKEY KONG & DIDDY KONG V. BOWSER’S ARMY

The two Kongs battle through the ranks of Koopas and Goombas to find their precious bananas. Finally they reach their goal, only to be confronted by Bowser…

There’s then a gap during which you have to assume that the Kongs battle Bowser before separating, for whatever reason

Diddy Kong races to the site of the crash-landing and discovers Fox’s Arwing on the shore of a great lake. The giant Pokemon, Rayquaza, emerges from the lake, ready to attack Diddy but it is beaten back by Fox...

FirewalkR

Unbelievable, 38000+ posts, is this game really worth it or are u people trying to go for the Guinness? :lol

If this thing gets to 40000 in 1 week, i'll buy it :D

FirewalkR said:
Unbelievable, 38000+ posts, is this game really worth it or are u people trying to go for the Guinness? :lol

If this thing gets to 40000 in 1 week, i'll buy it :D

It's possible by this time next Monday.

So the updates are 2 am EST now if you "Fell Back"?

That's so awesome.
emot-awesome.gif

Teasel

Cosmonaut X said:
MARIO & KIRBY V. THE SUBSPACE ARMY
actualy there was a video around showing you could use peach & zelda too for this battle
anyway today update was cool... fox vs rayquaza is the kind of weird mashup i was expecting to see

NeonZ

After reading this topic, I took a quick look at the Pokedex entry of some pokemons... While Drifloon wants to take childrens, it's too light and ends up dragged by them. However, it's evolved form is able to carry even adults and other pokemon away.

dude

dude
SuperAngelo64 said:

I (kinda) hope the next Pokemon games is an MMORPG. I think it could work really well with the Pokemon world and mechanics... An MMORPG doesn't really need a story, so the problem you raised is solved. Plus, you just know this thing will sell a shitload of copies and ruin millions of lives.

P90

NeonZ said:
I think it's mainly because Palkia's and Dialga's creation are related to the beginning of space and time in Pokemon's world. The other Legendaries are important too, but they aren't related to the essence of reality nor can the others create new universes. They appear later on in the Pokemon world, I guess.

For the next game, they can reveal that there are multiple Pokemon worlds and that Arceus is only responsible for one of those worlds, making the next legendary the god of the multiverse! It even works from a gameplay standpoint, parts of those other worlds could be accessible after finishing the main game, like those post Elite Four areas in the other games.

Have you seen Lucario and the Mystery of Mew? Keeping spoiler free, Mew is no chump.

Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Dialga and Palkia created the Sinnoh region. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf keep balance.

I never got the impression that from everything that I have read on the web, seen in the movies, or by playing the games through a number of times that the D/P pokemon had any influence over the earlier, i.e., R/G/B/Y, Crystal, etc. Pokemon or regions.

I don't care for most of the legendaries in D/P. They are Pokemon that have been Yu-Gi-Oh-ized.

Holy Order Sol said:
If someone would make a mp3 rip of the FE theme they would be my new hero.

I'll be doing one later tonight to add to the music archive linked into the OP, so if no-one sorts you out in the meantime, have a look there in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom