• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CreatureX3 said:
I remember playing the first Pokemon GB game and it also had some depressing areas. Like that city that had the tower where everyone was crying for their dead pokemon. :lol

Mewtwo was a cloned creature that was experimented on repeatly until it went insane and killed everyone.

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
Why can't Fox be that cool in the actual Star Fox games?
Sakurai improves everybody. :D Captain Falcon has real moves, Zero Suit Samus can do some damage, Pikachu and Jigglypuff have superior skills, Fox is far more awesome, adult Zelda has the ability to smile, Peach can smack Bowser around any day, Diddy looks cool in spite of his cheesy peanut guns, Pit's weapon actually seems angelic, King Dedede isn't a joke, and Mewtwo...

...well, I guess you can't win them all. :( Man, does Mewtwo need an upgrade if it's going to make a comeback.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jiggy37 said:
Looking into the hole on the back of a Shedinja sucks out a Pokemon trainer's soul.

And Banette's mouth is stitched shut because if it opens its mouth, it'll lose its own soul. (But they went and completely ignored this when they made the Colosseum animations. :( It screeches all the time there.)
If Jigglypuff's singing doesn't work, it will suffocate because it never stops to breath until after the opponent is asleep.

Cacturne follows lost travelers in the desert in bands, and wait until they collapse to kill them by sucking out their moisture.

Then there's the one that has to keep bouncing, or its heart will stop. I forget the name.

grandjedi6

Rotanibor Eht said:
Okay it got depressing for me again. ):

In Gold & Silver Slowpoke had their tails brutaly cut off
THe bad guy team has repeatly driven Pokemon insane
Legendary Pokemon are almost always self-hating creatures that lash out at the world when controled
Hundreds of Magikarp are killed in Diamond and Pearl.

Shinobix said:
Did you think the Milktank farms were for their milk?

I pity the fool
finger lickin good
farfetched.jpg

RagnarokX

kirbutashi said:
Is the arwing good for anything except getting shot in these videos? It doesn't even have to be flying in order to be shot.
Hell, it got knocked out of the sky by being grazed by an extendable metal claw. Apparently Arwings in the Brawl universe are made of glass.

Olaeh

Damn what an update, very nice all around.... This game is unbelievable. And the misc Pokemon facts are nice on the side as well.

grandjedi6

kirbutashi said:
Is the arwing good for anything except getting shot in these videos? It doesn't even have to be flying in order to be shot.

Well there has to be some reason that Fox only uses the Landmaster for his final smash

Rotanibor

kirbutashi said:

Its only because of all that GETTING OUT OF HIS FUCKING ARWING AND WALKING AROUND LIKE A DOUCHE in recent games has made his flying a bit rusty.

Pringo

Banned
RagnarokX said:
Nobody debating what attack Rayquaza used? I say Focus Blast.
I was thinking hyper beam. I haven't really used Rayquaza much myself, or played a 3D Pokemon game since Stadium 2, so my guess doesn't have much backing to it. The moves were a heck of a lot easier to remember back in the days of Red, Blue, and Yellow.

RagnarokX

Pringo said:
I was thinking hyper beam. I haven't really used Rayquaza much myself, or played a 3D Pokemon game since Stadium 2, so my guess doesn't have much backing to it. The moves were a heck of a lot easier to remember back in the days of Red, Blue, and Yellow.
Hyper Beam:
mball03_070717d-l.jpg

Plus with how fast Rayquaza is shooting off these energy balls it doesn't make sense considering Hyper Beam has a 1 turn delay time.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Why the hell did they make this video? Could single player possibly be this unique(weird) for each character?
you can't play the whole story mode as one character anymore (or at least that hasn't been shown yet) its set to certain scenerios and you choose between 2 characters in each level depending on how the story is set

example: in the 1st level of the story mode you decide to be either mario or kirby

I just noticed this on the site.

We’re using an extravagant chorus with the Super Smash Bros. Brawl main theme, right? Well, when we recorded it, we also created and recorded the Fire Emblem theme with the same members.

And this with the earlier quote from 2006:

...And as a special service to readers of this site, I can say that the game's music will be performed by a full orchestra.

It will be a deluxe chorus complete with lyrics in Latin.

I wonder if there will be any other songs with Latin lyrics and Full orchestra.

Neo Child

Banned
Then there's the one that has to keep bouncing, or its heart will stop. I forget the name.

Spoink.

And there was me thinking I knew one that no-one else mentioned yet.

Golbat sneaks up on peoples necks and kills them in one bite, and then drains their blood completely.

Pringo

Banned
RagnarokX said:
Hyper Beam:
mball03_070717d-l.jpg

Plus with how fast Rayquaza is shooting off these energy balls it doesn't make sense considering Hyper Beam has a 1 turn delay time.
Yeah, good point...

Honestly, I never really made an effort to try to learn all the moves in Pokemon past the Gold and Silver generation. Whenever I see a powerful-looking move that involves a big beam of energy being shot, my mind says "hyper beam".

Neo Child

Banned
Pringo said:
Yeah, good point...

Honestly, I never really made an effort to try to learn all the moves in Pokemon past the Gold and Silver generation. Whenever I see a powerful-looking move that involves a big beam of energy being shot, my mind says "hyper beam".

Probably cause in before-Gold/Silver, the moves next told you what attack damage they did, or a description. Since R/S, everything about moves + Pokemon are listed, so you don't need to remember what does what.

turk128

Iam Canadian said:
At any rate, it's nice to see a Pokemon be realistically aggressive and actually threaten somebody.

Due to the battle system of the Pokemon games, even the largest and most untamed Pokemon always fight by the rules and only target the opposing Pokemon, never the trainer or random passerby. It's implied that the more predatory and dangerous Pokemon actually would pose a significant threat to people and it's good to see a game actually reflect that, even if it's not a proper Pokemon game.
The Pokemon manga (which was suprisingly decent) gives more detail to what extent the wild Pokemons can be. Off the top, I remember a giant ghost pokemon devestating an area and they had to bring in special forces with a giant mech-looking Pokeball.

EDIT: basicly, what Crushed pointed out.

Dreavus

You know I always found it a little disconcerting how just any old pokemon trainer could just waltz in and capture a god for his pocket monster collection. I mean, the legendary creatures in diamond and pearl are
the masters of time and space with whom team galactic was going to destroy the world with
, and you come in and capture them no problem.

And then you battle the elite four with said gods. I would think they'd be a little more terrified of you then they seem to be.

Ah well, it's not like the pokemon universe is renowned for is unparalleled realism. :lol

If Jigglypuff's singing doesn't work, it will suffocate because it never stops to breath until after the opponent is asleep.

Cacturne follows lost travelers in the desert in bands, and wait until they collapse to kill them by sucking out their moisture.

The guy you're thinking of is that little purple pig-spring thing... Spoink I think it was called.

EDIT: spoiler tagged

kamikaze

speedpop said:
Hour late to the update but Fire Emblem Theme forever bitches!

an hour late...or perhaps on time in time zones that are now in standard time (as opposed to daylight savings time).

nice monday update...probably my last timely one of the week since i won't be checking much in the UK. :p

castle007

Banned
Oh, so the update was the FE theme?? :lol

I actually came to this thread to see what the update was, and didn't find any posts about it because it usually hits around 3 am EST. I was like WTF

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ashhong said:
hour late? its 12 now.
Updates are at 5pm my time, it's now 6:10ish or so :D

Also slightly happy to see that it doesn't affect the updates for my timezone in regards to DST.

grandjedi6

Dreavus said:
You know I always found it a little disconcerting how just any old pokemon trainer could just waltz in and capture a god for his pocket monster collection. I mean, the legendary creatures in diamond and pearl are
the masters of time and space with whom team galactic was going to destroy the world with
, and you come in and capture them no problem.

And then you battle the elite four with said gods. I would think they'd be a little more terrified of you then they seem to be.

Ah well, it's not like the pokemon universe is renowned for is unparalleled realism. :lol

The guy you're thinking of is that little purple pig-spring thing... Spoink I think it was called.

EDIT: spoiler tagged

I don't think you needed to spoil that :lol

And you do realize that in Diamond and Pearl you can catch an actual God pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom