• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrCheez said:
I'm still trying to figure out at what point I will start 'bailing out' and attempt to go spoiler free. (Or if I'll even be strong enough to do so.)

My current plan is to go on a smash bros blackout when the japanese game comes out. (Or a week or so before if everything gets leak). We'll see if I stick to it :p
I'll be sticking it out to the end. I stayed completely spoiler free for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Sunshine and Galaxy. But for some reason I don't mind knowing spoilers for Brawl (and Melee back in the day), before release day.

scottnak

Danthrax said:
Yeah, me too. If the site doesn't want to reveal Brawl's biggest secrets, I don't want to know them until I find them on my own.

It's so long though... I don't think I have enough will power...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Insaniac said:
PHAZON SUIT CONFIRMED ???!?!?!

It's already been confirmed, dood :O There is video footage out there of it too (from E4All). (Just a color swap - blackish suit with red visor and various red lights/spots)

Jiggy

-Bonus points! Frigate Orpheon and Porky's Theme together make for the 184th update and the 27th double update.

-Synchronize! Both at once now, stages and music advance to 20 updates a piece.

-Follow the leader! The Metroid series moves to 7 updates and Mother tails behind at 6. Metroid meets with Zelda; Mother meets with Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Metal Gear; Mother surpasses Wario.

-Another one bites the dust! The list of series without music updates is now reduced to F-Zero, Mario, Sonic, and whatever the Nintendo DS logo will be.

-Fighto, dayo! We may be 38 days without a character, but we're also only 27 days of updates left until the Japanese release date, and then just "a few" more to the North America date.

Insaniac

MrCheez said:
It's already been confirmed, dood :O There is video footage out there of it too (from E4All). (Just a color swap - blackish suit with red visor and various red lights/spots)

Hawt. New alt color for me confirmed

Sciz

CreatureX3 said:
After the DK rap, any song can be stage music (Ashley's Theme)! :lol
I wouldn't say anything is impossible, but Pokey's Theme is fairly subdued compared to the high energy music the series has focused on thus far. It'll probably be available in My Music regardless.

The DK Rap was awesome and had darn well better be coming back in Brawl.

Jiggy37 said:
-Bonus points! Frigate Orpheon and Porky's Theme together make for the 184th update and the 27th double update.

-Synchronize! Both at once now, stages and music advance to 20 updates a piece.

-Follow the leader! The Metroid series moves to 7 updates and Mother tails behind at 6. Metroid meets with Zelda; Mother meets with Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Metal Gear; Mother surpasses Wario.

-Fighto, dayo! We may be 38 days without a character, but we're also only 27 days of updates left until the Japanese release date, and then just "a few" more to the North America date.
Awesome stats Jiggy! Funny links too! :lol

Hmmm... you know it's odd that they have released all these music pieces...

But not one yet for the Super Mario series. I know that F-Zero and Sonic, and DS/Wii have no song updates to call their own too, but, a Mario song would have been posted by now.

And speaking of which... I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy (Game of Eternity) will have anything representing it?

I would go nuts for Brawling to the Bowser battle themes from Galaxy.

Malfunky

Oh shit, what a pleasant surprise. I almost forgot to check the site, too.

Now a white Echoes-inspired Samus skin, please. If they have that ugly black one from Prime 1 and not a white one, there'll be hell to pay. I didn't like that one at all.

Hopefully this is a precursor to
RIDLEY
getting back on track with awesome updates.

Jiggy

Golden Darkness said:
Hmmm... you know it's odd that they have released all these music pieces,,,

But not one yet for the Super Mario series. I know that F-Zero and Sonic, and DS/Wii have no song updates to call their own too, but, a Mario song would have been posted by now.
I knew I forgot something. :eek: Now I've got to find a representative picture and then edit it in.

Edit: Edited.

And speaking of which... I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy (Game of Eternity) will have anything representing it?
Every one of us who's played it yearns for Gusty Garden.

MrCheez

Malfunky said:

Assuming Ridley is in, this opens up the possibility of him having the Prime designs. (Meta Ridley as opposed to regular Ridley)

Which would you guys prefer?

samus_ridley.jpg

or

metroid_008.jpg

I actually can't decide :O If only Brawl had alternate costumes we could have both!

(P.S. I realize this post is getting way ahead of itself.. Ridley's inclusion is definitely still up in the air. It's just fun to think about :lol )

Golden Darkness said:

I would go nuts for Brawling to the Bowser battle themes from Galaxy.
The Bowser battle theme would be so awesome in Brawl. Pretty much any Galaxy song would be amazing in Brawl! :D

woxel1 said:
It can be patched.

EDIT: A stage that flips kind of opens up the playing field for a stage with Galaxy mechanics, don't it?

Yeah, I thought of that too, but the gravity might not be shifting in the stage here.

You might just have to make a jump right before the stage swings out from underneath you.

A Galaxy stage would be awesome though I can't even begin to narrow down which stage from that game I'd like to see represented.

MrCheez

Golden Darkness said:
I wonder if Super Mario Galaxy (Game of Eternity) will have anything representing it?

I know I am being greedy at this point because Sakurai is giving us SO much, but I really will be disappointed if there isn't a Galaxy stage. Would be such a wasted opportunity.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CreatureX3 said:
The Bowser battle theme would be so awesome in Brawl. Pretty much any Galaxy song would be amazing in Brawl! :D

only if its the final battle theme...I dont want any other themes from Galaxy before that one

Tortolia

MrCheez said:
(P.S. I realize this post is getting way ahead of itself.. Ridley's inclusion is definitely still up in the air. It's just fun to think about :lol )

Well, either Ridley's in there, or they're including multiple stages for many franchises now, because two stages for Samus/ZSS seems a bit excessive unless there's doubles/triples for the other franchises with minimal character representation.

MrCheez said:
Assuming Ridley is in, this opens up the possibility of him having the Prime designs. (Meta Ridley as opposed to regular Ridley)

I wouldn't mind one over the other. I just want Ridley to be playable! :D

KevinCow

Banned
MrCheez said:

samus_ridley.jpg

or

metroid_008.jpg

I actually can't decide :O If only Brawl had alternate costumes we could have both!

Omega Ridley
Omega_Ridley.jpg

Tortolia said:
Well, either Ridley's in there, or they're including multiple stages for many franchises now, because two stages for Samus/ZSS seems a bit excessive unless there's doubles/triples for the other franchises with minimal character representation.
I'm not following the logic, considering there were two stages for Metroid in Melee. There were also two stages for F-Zero, and Earthbound, and three for Yoshi, Kirby, and Donkey Kong if you count the N64 stages, despite these franchise only having one playable character each.

Jiggy

Big Icarus said:
A Galaxy stage would be awesome though I can't even begin to narrow down which stage from that game I'd like to see represented.
Matter Splatter or Space Junk seem like the ones to me that would be easiest to program for Brawl while still being awesome. :D

Edit: I wrote this before Alberto's post!

ShockingAlberto said:
I am forced to fix that for you, Jiggy.
Well, for a stage, oh yes. Oh yes. For music, not so much, although I'm sure they'd somehow figure out how to work wonders with a slow piece like that. :eek:

CreatureX3 said:

Considering they are mostly orchestrated, they can be some of the songs they just put straight into Brawl.

If no dice.... give us the option to play our own songlist!

Jiggy37 said:
Matter Splatter or Space Junk seem like the ones to me that would be easiest to program for Brawl while still being awesome. :D
Those would be cool. Or how about a Brawl stage where we visit multiple galaxies from SMG?! :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy's latest stats post is one of the best posts in this entire thread. The Xbox 360 RROD literally made me laugh out loud.

As for Ridley, while I think he has a good shot at being in, I think he'll be unlockable and therefore not on the Dojo.

justchris

As far as spoilers go, Brawl is a fighting game, I could care less about spoilers for most of the stuff. On the other hand, I want to avoid Subspace Emissary spoilers, so that'll be a hard balance to pull off.

As for the update, love the stage, soooooo much better than Brinstar Depths in the way it does rotation. And acknowledging Metroid Prime means maybe we can get another Metroid character in the game.

MrCheez

Man new stage updates get me so excited. I stare at the screens for a long time imagining what the stage will play like...

I hopehopehope we get 3-4 stages per franchise this time around. 64 had one main stage per major franchise... Melee had 2 per major franchise ... (this doesn't count 'returning stages' or the 'retro' mario stages) Seems to make sense that Brawl might get 3-4!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CreatureX3 said:
Those would be cool. Or how about a Brawl stage where we visit multiple galaxies from SMG?! :D

No because then it will have shit transitions like Castle Seige...gimme Dark Matter or Matter Splatter and leave it

MrCheez

Iam Canadian said:
As for Ridley, while I think he has a good shot at being in, I think he'll be unlockable and therefore not on the Dojo.

It seems like we're getting close to the point where there are no more starter characters that'll get profiled on the Dojo before release, actually. (Or we might already be there)

But yeah Ridley (if in) definitely feels like an unlockable character

Malfunky

MrCheez said:

or

I honestly don't care. I love them all. Seeing a detailed Meta or Omega Ridley would be awesome, but then seeing cartoony 2D Metroid-esque Ridley would be just as well. Just get him in the damn game.

He has to change from purple/blue to red as he is damaged or during his final smash, though.

MrCheez

justchris said:
As far as spoilers go, Brawl is a fighting game, I could care less about spoilers for most of the stuff. .

I dunno... imagine how exciting and epic it would be to be playing and suddenly have a "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING SCREEN" pop up and having NO IDEA what character you're about to unlock :O Then... BAM... you see them for the very first time and as you fight to unlock them you're also seeing the character's moveset for the first time being used against you.

Would be so awesome .... if any of us are strong enough to avoid reading about everything in the game prior to playing :p

Aras

Actually I see Ridley more as an AT than a playable character... really Ridley is too big for being a character

Malfunky

Aras said:
Actually I see Ridley more as an AT than a playable character... really Ridley is too big for being a character

Size isn't really an issue. It doesn't matter in Smash Bros continuity. Pichu, Kirby, and Meta Knight would be the size of Link's foot, wouldn't they? Hell, Bowser has been the size of a house to marginally bigger than Mario in their own series.

It's all up to their imaginaaation.

MrCheez

Wii said:
Ridley is a Subspace Emissary boss or an assist trophy, get over it gamefaqers.

Probably, but not definitely. :p To me it seems more gamefaqs-like to state anything as fact before we know it for sure.

And really, stranger things have happened in this series.

Flakster99

Even thought I've been silent within the thread, I've kept up with all the updates and the game continues to impress. I'm getting GAME OF THE FOREVER vibes.

Sciz

I'm still anticipating Ridley as an SSE boss, if for no other reason than that his boss battle music is in the game. Then again, I also expect that several of the villainous playable characters will be doing double duty as bosses, and are only unlocked after giving them a sound thrashing in adventure mode as Sakurai suggested. Make of it what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom