• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

KevinCow said:
I doubt Dark Samus will even get a trophy, much less be an alternate costume of Samus. I'll be surprised to see the Prime series acknowledged at all, really.

Prepare to be surprised.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
It's Pokey's theme from Mother 3. Unfortunately, it's not Pollyanna.

I find it interesting that Pokey's name is translated as Porky on the English site.

sp0rsk said:
Mother music?????? What song???????

Porky, the incarnation of egotism. The grand metropolis he created is a towering pinnacle of imagination.

When Porky’s private army, the Pigmasks, appears, the song that often plays is this one! It’s one of the songs representative of Mother 3.

that

CoolS

Iam Canadian said:
Well, I find myself eating much crow regarding Metroid Prime.

That's what I wanted to mention.

It's like, one minute we're talking about it, the next minute we're proven wrong.

Nice little update.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
For a spaceship that just causes trouble, it sure does have a lot of problems.

But what really defines this stage is the way it rotates 180 degrees.

Sharp

Ew, I hated the rotating Metroid stage from Melee (except for the music that is). It was deep Brinstar, wasn't it? Hopefully this stage does it better.

Iam Canadian

This kind of ruins my plans for predicting Mother music for tomorrow, seeing as tomorrow is my birthday.

Oh well, I'll just take it as an early birthday present. Thanks, Sakurai! :D

Zeed

Banned
Duderz said:
Why is this such a big deal again? Because Retro said Sakurai didn't ask for any assets from the game?
Yeah. And this opens the way for other Prime series material to make it in.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sharp said:
Ew, I hated the rotating Metroid stage from Melee (except for the music that is). It was deep Brinstar, wasn't it? Hopefully this stage does it better.

Different type of rotation

Iam Canadian

By the way, the Parasite Queen looks way better than the actual Metroid Prime version. I always felt that a few of the enemies and bosses in the first Prime game just looked like blobs of textures. This incarnation of the Parasite Queen actually looks like a deadly, horribly mutated beast.

Rindain

Banned
This can only increase the chances of Ridley being playable. I just don't see how Sakurai would release this game with only S(Z)amus in the roster.

Vlad

Sharp said:

Well, from the looks of the pictures, it looks like the rotation just switches between two different stage layouts, so it's not like you've got to deal with something randomly rotating at all times like in the Melee stage.

Fireblend

Banned
I just noticed how Melee had 29 stages, and we know of only 20 for Brawl so far. There's gonna be a lot of secret stages it seems. That + stage builder = awesome.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
There's no official translation of Mother 3's characters names till now I think.

Damn the max thread title length!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Wow, I really wasn't expecting anything from Prime, simply because of that interview with Retro saying they were never approached by Sakurai's team. :O

Man, finally we are getting updates that surprise us again!!! :D

This stage looks great. I love how the lights go out. Wish it was a little bigger... but I guess when it rotates it's a little larger than when it starts out

Awesome thread title :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom