• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

I wonder if you could stack the effects of a Poison Mushroom and a Lightning Bolt.

Actually, I hope you don't even have to stack different items: I just want the five different Melee sizes to be accessible by picking up Poison/Super Mushrooms repeatedly. I want to be able to pit a no-handicap tiny-poison character against a full handicap super giant.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
SantaC said:
so with the lack of annoucement of new characters, maybe there is just 1-2 left? :(
My guess is that if we do get any character updates, its going to be captain falcon.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'll be honest, I thought the lightning bolt in event 4's picture was a Rareware logo at first.

Seems to take place on the Mario Circuit level, too. I wonder what kind of event would feature a lightning bolt prominently. It also features Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as a team (which leads me to believe that the single player version of the event has just Donkey Kong), but we don't know who they're facing.

ohamsie

ShockingAlberto said:
Far from always.

Battle of the Bounty Hunters in Melee, for example, took place in a Donkey Kong stage.

Sudden Death is just a Wario Ware stage.

All Mine, which has set characters, takes place on Angel Island.

You don't think the Wario Ware stage is fitting for sudden death matches?

Akai

HotByCold said:
8f0zsxc.jpg
Um, I thiiiink the "sword" you gave Link is actually part of the background...His real sword is that weird feather you stuck in his head... ='D

(Imagine him in his original SSB taunt pose, but with both legs on the ground...)

MisterHero

MindCollizion said:
Hey look! Mickey Mouse secretly revealed!
There's a thought. What if Mickey Mouse and/or Popeye appeared based on being the first major licensing deals Nintendo had for their cards/toys/games? :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Akai said:
Um, I thiiiink the "sword" you gave Link is actually part of the background...His real sword is that weird feather you stuck in his head... ='D
Looks to me like the thing by his head is part of the bow he is drawing.

My vote for who the mystery character is in #5 would have to be Ike or Snake, based on what looks a headband.

Also, Lightning Bolt item would rock.

Akai said:

(Imagine him in his original SSB taunt pose, but with both legs on the ground...)
739okkz.jpg

Doesn't look like it.

technique07_071113c-l.jpg

Whether that's a bandana or not, it's not a sword by any stretch of the imagination.

RagnarokX

HotByCold said:
8f0zsxc.jpg

Yep, that's a Lightning Bolt.
There's a video on youtube of the lightning bolt in action. It has the same affect as a mushroom, making the user grow bigger, in the video, but I've heard that it may also do what it's supposed to do sometimes.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
ShockingAlberto said:
why would link have two swords

Not that I think we are seeing a dual-wielding Link in that shadowy picture, but Link can be played with two swords in Smash Bros., at times.

ant1532

Banned
:lol @ how you guys manage to make everything a mysterious secret or of the such. It's just Link in his taunt stance at a different angle. Thats it. If he has two swords, who cares? It just means he's holding an item.

ant1532 said:
:lol @ how you guys manage to make everything a mysterious secret or of the such. It's just Link in his taunt stance at a different angle. Thats it. If he has two swords, who cares? It just means he's holding an item.
Cause it being Ike would just be this gigantic, impossible leap.

Jiggy

Well, there are only ten update days left in December to meet the clear pattern for revealing newcomers. I predict that they'll be coming tonight, on Christmas, and on New Year's Eve and I predict that tonight will be full-blown Coin Mode, combined with some music from Mother 1.

Why? Because last week we had a game mode (Rotation) that was followed up with a game mode (Options) and old-school NES music (Ice Climbers) double update, and three weeks ago we had--you guessed it--a game mode (Controls) that was followed up with a game mode (Widescreen Support) and old-school NES music (Donkey Kong) double update.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wonder if there will be updates during the new year?

I think it's pretty cool that this site will probably be the only source of interesting news throughout the Christmas break.

Jiggy

History of normal items because I'm bored:

Monday - 3 (Smoke Ball, Superspicy Curry, Golden Hammer)
Tuesday - 3 (Pitfall, Items from Previous Installments, Smart Bomb)
Wednesday - 2 (Banana Peel, Bumper)
Thursday - 3 (Gooey Bomb, Cracker Launcher, Crates and Barrels)
Friday - 1 (Franklin Badge)

The good news is that Tuesday hasn't had more than Monday or Thursday. The bad news is that both of the most recent items updates came from Tuesday. :p

Edit during preview: Most recent updates by franchise because I'm still bored.

Mario - December 14th (Waluigi)
Ice Climbers - December 12th (Ice Climbers' music)
Pokemon - December 10th (Bonsly)
Kirby - December 6th (King Dedede's final smash)
Legend of Zelda - November 30th (Hyrule Temple music)
Wario - November 28th (Wario's final smash)
Donkey Kong - November 27th (Donkey Kong music)
Mother - November 23rd (Lucas' final smash)
Star Fox - November 20th (Smart Bomb)
Fire Emblem - November 12th (Ike's final smash)
Metroid - November 9th (Norfair)
Metal Gear - November 7th (Gray Fox)
Nintendo DS - October 22nd (PictoChat)
Sonic - October 11th (Sonic's moves)
Animal Crossing - September 26th (Mr. Resetti)
Kid Icarus - September 3rd (Pit's Descent)
Yoshi - August 23rd (Yoshi's final smash)
F-Zero - July 2nd (Samurai Goroh)

Anything from Star Fox and up had pretty recent updates IMO. I want the others to get more content.

Second edit during second preview:
sp0rsk said:
I think it's pretty cool that this site will probably be the only source of interesting news throughout the Christmas break.
Agreed. :D

MGrant

Game-Biz said:
The Event idea here is Dark Samus vs Dark Link. Guaran-fucking-teed.

I'm gonna say it's Regular Samus/Link vs. Dark Samus/Link. Sort of like how the single-player version is Regular Link vs. Dark Link.

Jiggy

Yeah, remember it's a co-op event. The other alternative would be Link and Dark Link against Samus and Dark Samus in some sort of Past vs. Future matchup, but that would be really unexpected, to say the least. Then again, it's Sakurai we're talking about. >_>

Game-Biz

MGrant said:
I'm gonna say it's Regular Samus/Link vs. Dark Samus/Link. Sort of like how the single-player version is Regular Link vs. Dark Link.
Yeah, you know, I think you're right, I forgot this was co-op Event Matches.

KevinCow

Banned
Game-Biz said:
The Event idea here is Dark Samus vs Dark Link. Guaran-fucking-teed.
I doubt Dark Samus will even get a trophy, much less be an alternate costume of Samus. I'll be surprised to see the Prime series acknowledged at all, really.

Jiggy

Nobody's suggesting it's going to be Metroid Prime Dark Samus, just a full black silhouette like the Dark Link from SSBM and SSBB.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
KevinCow said:
I doubt Dark Samus will even get a trophy, much less be an alternate costume of Samus. I'll be surprised to see the Prime series acknowledged at all, really.

While I don't expect anything from Prime to factor into the gameplay in any way (be it a character, move, stage, or anything), it really wouldn't surprise me to see a trophy of at least the Metroid Prime/Dark Samus. Regardless of the Prime series' Japanese popularity, the Metroid Prime, for better or for worse, has been the primary antagonist of the three most recent console entries in the series and that may be acknowledged. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying that it's not that unlikely.

That actually brings a question to mind. I know the Prime games bombed in Japan, but how did Hunters do on the Nintendo Money Printer (US name: DS) in Japan?

Duderz

Banned
KevinCow said:

Really? Have you not been paying any attention to the level of detail put into this game?

EDIT: Ha ha, owned by tonight's update. :lol

Metroid Prime stage and Mother music

The Frigate Orpheon

This appears in Metroid Prime. It’s the first spaceship Samus infiltrates.

stage20_071218a-l.jpg

What you see in the background is the Parasite Queen.

stage20_071218b-l.jpg

Th-the power went out?!

For a spaceship that just causes trouble, it sure does have a lot of problems.

But what really defines this stage is the way it rotates 180 degrees.

stage20_071218c-l.jpg

The siren scream is a warning!

stage20_071218d-l.jpg

Suddenly, it flips...

stage20_071218e-l.jpg

The terrain inverts!

When the siren goes off, jump into the air to flee.

But when you’re in a pinch, so is your opponent. Stall your opponent to take advantage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom