• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Shinobix said:
Wait a second so isn't MetaKnight a villian?

He's never actually been seen doing anything evil, and as he's usually a good person, it could just be he lost a fight and got his ship stolen.

Or, as he's supposed to be good, you fight him and release him from his dark clutches.

Iam Canadian said:
I like how Samus has Super Metroid-esque Super Missiles this time.

But...is Lucas using a bat?

I fear for Ness. ;_;
I noticed that also, but you must keep hope alive! Ness will return!

Also, I noticed Zelda still has her side+B apperently.

Proven

Night_Trekker said:
That was pretty cool... I guess.

SSBB updates have been so amazing, something this cool barely registers with me.

This makes me fear for when the game is released. I won't be having as many WTFSOAWESOMEHELLYES! moments as I did while unlocking stuff and figuring game mechanics in Melee.

Stuneseht

by seeing that trailer, i'm glad with the style nintendo choose to make galaxy in.
realistic bowser, peach and mario just doesn't feel quite right.
I mean, i'm alright with the style for smash bros. but, if that's an implication of how the next-gen(wii 2) mario game will look like- NOOOOOOOO!!!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Holy shit a Subspace Emissary video! And it uses the trailer music! So good!!

I'm counting this toward my birthday update too. It's close enough =P

Shinobix

Proven said:
He's never actually been seen doing anything evil, and as he's usually a good person, it could just be he lost a fight and got his ship stolen.

Or, as he's supposed to be good, you fight him and release him from his dark clutches.
6skss48.jpg

I think the second one.

I've watched it 5 times and still don't see Zelda attack. Where is it?

Edit: We know for sure that Bowser fired at Fox and Diddy, as we saw the intro to that level a few months back at E 4 All.

Second Edit: Never mind, I found it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Keru_Shiri said:
I noticed that also, but you must keep hope alive! Ness will return!

Also, I noticed Zelda still has her side+B apperently.

You mean Din's Fire? We've known about that since the 15 second presentation back in July

TreIII

Papercuts said:
Ice Climbers and Metaknight?

Why not? A lot of the other pairings so far don't make that much sense.

Pit and Mario
Link and Yoshi
Diddy and Fox
Kirby and a Princess

It's just going to be craziness all around...January 24th, and when I get my game, seem even farther away now... :lol

HK-47 said:
You mean Din's Fire? We've know about that since 15 second presentation back in July
Now I'm going to have to find that clip and watch it again. I remember one clip had her using her up + B, Faeore's Wind.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Keru_Shiri said:
Anybody want to speculate on that gun Bowser was firing at (I'm guessing) Fox and Diddy?

Same gun as the one Wario used on Zelda in the E 4 All Subspace videos

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Golden Darkness said:
Mine is here also when it comes up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZwJfQKb7zc

Hmm... where's Pokemon trainer? I think him and the two third party chars are unaccounted for.

The 3rd parties are still probably unlockable...PT gets sparce footage cuase we still dont know all the Pokemon moves and cuase he probably doesnt wanna reveal how the PT moves around in Subspace yet

Proven

Golden Darkness said:
Mine is here also when it comes up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZwJfQKb7zc

Hmm... where's Pokemon trainer? I think him and the two third party chars are unaccounted for.

Considering Rayquaza appears, PKMN trainer is probably close by, but I figure he's going to be an early unlockable character anyway as he seems so...advanced. Third Party characters would be best suited for a craaaaaazy plot twist, but still, later in the game.

Although, scary thought would be you have to unlock them in regular Smash and can just replay levels with them in Subspace Emissary mode. They could even get their own special unlockable levels to boot.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TreIII said:
Why not? A lot of the other pairings so far don't make that much sense.

Pit and Mario
Link and Yoshi
Diddy and Fox
Kirby and a Princess

It's just going to be craziness all around...January 24th, and when I get my game, seem even farther away now... :lol

Just caught me off guard, I didn't expect metaknight to partner up with someone.

Proven

TreIII said:
As is Dedede, I believe.

Oooh. Dedede = Nintendo villian.

Considering that most of this video takes place of what we know are probably the first two levels/scenarios (Mario/Kirby/Peach/Zelda have fight in stadium, with Pit and Fox making a cameo in some form, DK and Diddy fight in the jungle with Fox crash landing) there's still a lot to go. They only showed Bowser too, for one thing, rather that him and Wario, probably just because he's more iconic.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Game-Biz said:
So, yeah, I'm thinking were getting an update on the SubSpace thing tonight...

Keru_Shiri said:
Well, hopefully I'll be playing the game by my birthday, unless Wal-Mart has anything to say about it. :/

Prediction for tonight: I'm sticking with SSE.

Chumly said:
UMMMMM new video hopefully tonight?

I have this feeling its going to be a pokeball though ><

Hey, good calls, guys! =P

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Personally, I've always thought that Meta Knight had altruistic reasons for trying to take over Dream Land in Revenge of Meta Knight. Meta Knight makes reference to Dream Land's "lazy lifestyle"; perhaps he is trying to cure Dream Land of some perceived lethargy, perhaps brought about by its peace and tranquility. Though it wouldn't exactly explain why he seems to hate Kirby so much in that game.

For a while, the Kirby fansites were saying that Meta Knight had been possessed by the Nightmare, but that's been disproven. The rumour apparently came about by mistranslating a HAL representative's remark.

Proven

Iam Canadian said:
Personally, I've always thought that Meta Knight had altruistic reasons for trying to take over Dream Land in Revenge of Meta Knight. Meta Knight makes reference to Dream Land's "lazy lifestyle"; perhaps he is trying to cure Dream Land of some perceived lethargy, perhaps brought about by its peace and tranquility. Though it wouldn't exactly explain why he seems to hate Kirby so much in that game.

For a while, the Kirby fansites were saying that Meta Knight had been possessed by the Nightmare, but that's been disproven. The rumour apparently came about by mistranslating a HAL representative's remark.

Meh, it could easily just be chalked up to them deciding to randomly change the character's personality. The games didn't have much storytelling to begin with, and in those days as long as there was an epic boss battle at the end, the reason could be anything.

Jiggy

Well... even if we accept Meta Knight was a full villain in Kirby Super Star, that was one game out of four (referring to the main platformers only) and it's not his most recent. Then again, Dedede appears to be in villain mode and he's been pretty inept lately, so maybe recent games are nothing to judge by.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Well... even if we accept Meta Knight was a full villain in Kirby Super Star, that was one game out of four (referring to the main platformers only) and it's not his most recent. Then again, Dedede appears to be in villain mode and he's been pretty inept lately, so maybe recent games are nothing to judge by.

I've never seen Dedede as much of a villain, either. He's mostly a greedy buffoon who, while he sometimes lets his greed dictate his actions, generally has Dream Land's best interests at heart and he's been portrayed that way pretty consistently. The only time he's actually done something wrong is in the first game. Every other time, Kirby either fights Dedede because he's being possessed by Dark Matter (KDL 2 and 3, Kirby 64), Kirby jumps to conclusions and automatically assumes Dedede is up to no good (Adventure, Squeak Squad), or when Kirby and Dedede are competing for a common prize (Avalanche, Gourmet Race).

Well, aren't Meta-Knight and DeDeDe also Sakurai's creations? He may be taking more liberties with their roles and attitudes in SSE since they are effectivley his creations. Other characters will probably remain more true to their established natures (Boswer being a bad guy, Wario is greedy, etc.).

Sciz

Iam Canadian said:
...Kirby jumps to conclusions and automatically assumes Dedede is up to no good (Adventure, Squeak Squad)

To be fair, Dedede didn't exactly try to explain why he'd broken up the Star Rod and decided to bathe in the Fountain of Dreams in Adventure.

Interesting video, if only because it's a sign that Nintendo is starting to get the SSBB hype machine rolling (moreso than usual).

Sciz said:
To be fair, Dedede didn't exactly try to explain why he'd broken up the Star Rod and decided to bathe in the Fountain of Dreams in Adventure.
He also stole all the food from the citizens of Dream Land in Spring Breeze. If your criminal history includes causing widespread famine, it'll probably take a little while before society trusts you again.

Jiggy

-After an absence of over a month and a half, a story mode update arrives on the scene to bring its category into the grand old number of 10!

-Sorry, but I forgot to include this last time: as of yesterday our five least recent update types were character profile, story mode, how to play, final smash, and Poke Ball. Today, obviously kick story mode out and assist trophies appear at the end.

-41 days without a character, but on a cheerier note, only 24 days of updates until the Japanese release date! That's just under five weeks of updates. Let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom