• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze

QuickKick89 said:
Man, Brawl better be the best game ever at this rate.

it might not be the "best game ever" but it'll probably be my most played game over the next couple of years. :D

also, to stay on topic, i'm thinking we'll get a captain falcon update sooner rather than later.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I'm hoping that before release day, the Dojo puts up a How to Play update regarding unlockable content. This update would inform new players of Smash's myriad unlockables and would outline various ways to unlock things.

Of course, there would be an example. That example? The original four unlockable characters, perhaps? :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Whooo!! Go 1,000 pages!

applause.gif

stampofapproval.jpg

Firestorm

Meloche said:
They let you pre-order before it had even been officially unveiled? What's the name of the game on your receipt then -- Super Smash Bros Revolution? In any event, that's pretty cool. I haven't bothered to pre-order, though I'm considering rounding up 3 games for EB's trade 3 for free deal. I'm just not sure which ones I want to part with. Either that or I'll just buy it from whichever of my local retailers opens first on the 10th. :p

In terms of tomorrow's update, for whatever reason I'm not expecting anything big. Maybe another double AT update for Metroid and Rosalina, or maybe a Game Mode update of something from Melee like All-Star Mode or Versus Mode types or Multi-Man [Brawl]. A new character would be awesome, but outside of Sheik I kind of have a feeling that everyone we've yet to see will be unlockable. And it's still a little early yet for Sakurai to start going down that road, I think.

2007 sorry, not 2006. I hate January. I'm confused as to the year the entire month. I actually did the pre-order using Trade 3 for Free too. Last March they let you pre-order any game.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I gotta get in here on the 1000th (or 500th for some people) page!

WOOO! Gogo Dojo thread community! :D

Tonjevic

Economan said:
I predict 500 more pages before the game is released.

I don't think so. 500 between the Japanese and Pal releases is plausible, as people discuss the various nuances of the game, but even that is pushing it. A 100,000 post thread would be insane, though.

Pringo

Banned
Hehe, this thread has just turned into a monument to its size at this point. I thought I had to post to be on page 1000 and be part of the party.

I'm still surprised how this thread manged to grow so much this past week while there were no updates...

And to make this on topic, I predict that Monday's update will be nothing particularly exciting. Probably an item or final smash.

Dreavus

I honestly do not know what to expect tomorrow, could just be mediocre... But I'm going to guess it's a megaton just for the sake of it. :D

Pringo

Banned
Dreavus said:
I honestly do not know what to expect tomorrow, could just be mediocre... But I'm going to guess it's a megaton just for the sake of it. :D
That's a great way of setting yourself up for disappointment. It's easier to go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised if it is something awesome.

HURGHT

Firestorm said:
I looked at my pre-order receipt again today. I pre-ordered on March 8th, 2006 =(
Yeah I remember distinctly pre-ordering mine as soon as I saw the video from E3 06. I don't think I've ever seriously anticipated a game's release like this, to the point where I check for new details about it almost every day. I guess there's something to be said there for the amount of fun I had (and still have, even just today, in fact) with my friends playing Melee.

A bit more on topic, though: I'm gonna predict that we get a character-related update tomorrow. Hopefully something more along the lines of a character reveal, not somebody's special moves or final smash. It's been too long since I last saw that "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" banner.

Although it almost seems trivial to hang on the prospect of a character reveal, what with the impending, inevitable information leaks. I wonder how long it'll be until we get scans from a game guide or some such and we learn the full roster. I know I won't be able to resist looking at the spoilers.

Pringo

Banned
HURGHT said:
I don't think I've ever seriously anticipated a game's release like this, to the point where I check for new details about it almost every day.
Has there ever been another game where new details were released every day for it?

HURGHT

Pringo said:
Has there ever been another game where new details were released every day for it?
Good point! I guess in that light, I'm rather spoiled, since there's so many other games that only release information in very sporadic little bursts as they chug through development.

CreatureX3 said:
the metroid assist trophy looks so awesome in the Japanese commercial. :D
I thought so too, although it's much bigger than I imagined for some reason. Although I realize that it makes perfect sense, now, thinking back to their size back in the original Metroid.

The M.O.B said:
which one is it in?
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29404.html at about 0:20, towards the bottom

edit: grah, beaten

Dreavus

Pringo said:
That's a great way of setting yourself up for disappointment. It's easier to go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised if it is something awesome.

That may be true but come on, Sakurai's left us out in the cold for a whole flippin' week! I won't stand to expect an update that ranges any less than awesome to very awesome.

And if I'm wrong (high chance), there's always the next day =P

AniHawk

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom