• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michan

50,000 posts of pre-launch hype.

I can't wait to see the post-launch threads. I imagine the matchup thread will be huge.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That woman looks like my aunt. :lol

Hooray for 1000 pages! (or 500 for those of us who are smart and changed their settings). Here's to trying to get the official Smash Bros. Brawl topic to anything approaching this size in posts... Doubtful, but hey.

I predict Monday's update will be the Metroid Assist Trophy.

Ramenman

pulga said:
Well done, Smash GAF.

72k4d3n.gif

Who's this creepy clown I keep seeing everywhere ?

Speevy

Banned
Ramenman said:
Who's this creepy clown I keep seeing everywhere ?

Heath Ledger as the Joker in Dark Knight. I believe they just looped the scene to make it look like that other clapping gif.

justchris

As for the next update, I think it'll be a double update, probably game mode and music, I don't think we'll get a character until later in the week.

Also, looking at the roster, how many playable characters do you think there will be in the final game? Looking at SSB64 & SSBM, there were less hidden characters than there were starters in both games. I originally predicted ~34 characters for the final roster, but I'm beginning to think there may be as many as 42, and that the characters on the Dojo now (including Snake & Sonic) are probably all starters.

Not looking for who you think will be a character, just how many you think will be in the final roster after everyone is unlocked.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Michan said:
50,000 posts of pre-launch hype.

I can't wait to see the post-launch threads. I imagine the matchup thread will be huge.

Pfft it'll have like three pages, tops, and they'll all be filled with us exchanging friend codes =P

Ramenman

Speevy said:
Heath Ledger as the Joker in Dark Knight. I believe they just looped the scene to make it look like that other clapping gif.

That's what I first thought but, isn't the Joker always smiling because of some nervous malfunction ? How come he has the sad face in this one ?

Not like I'm OT anyway rite ?

Leezard

MisterHero said:
Is that AniHawk's avatar in real life? :eek:

PS Way to go GAF Smash Bros Preview Thread! Maybe we can double that when the game is actually here! :lol
This thread will not be the official thread. I doubt we will get more than 200 more pages in this thread.

Duo014

:D As a European i just bought and reserved a japansese wii and smash bros X,

I must say i can't wait anymore till it arrives, i will be smashing all night xD

Aras

I don't know why there aren't any kind of reservations in stores here in Mexico for Smash Brawl =( generally is a month before the game comes out

I'm predicting one playable video game per character.

Mario - Super Mario Bros.
Peach - Super Mario Bros. 2
Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3

Pikachu - Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Trainer - Pokémon Red & Blue

Link - The Legend of Zelda
Zelda - Zelda II

Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong Country

Kirby - Kirby's Dream Land
Meta Knight - Kirby's Adventure
King Dedede - Kirby's Dream Land 2

Samus Aran - Metroid
Zamus Aran - Metroid II

etc.

Would be highly impossible, but highly awesome.

Fireblend

Banned
So, some new information, hopefully not old >_>

http://www.brawlcentral.com/
Brawl Central said:
Weekly Jumpan has figured out some more translations. Here is a list of all known alternate colors from the characters available at Jump Festa:

# Mario: Blue, Brown, Fire-Flower, Green, Wario Colors
# Link: Red, Blue, Yellow, Dark Link, Purple
# Kirby: White, Green, Red, Light Blue, Yellow
# Pikachu: Emerald Bandana, Goggles, 4 Different Hats
# Fox: Green, Orange, Light Purple, Dark Fox, White (not confirmed)
# Samus: Red, Light Blue, White on Red (unconfirmed)
# Bowser: Undisclosed colors
# Yoshi: Pink, Blue, Yeloow, Red, Light Blue
# Peach: Red, White, Peac Green, Orchid, Orange
# Pit: Green, Black Gold
# Wario: Black, Orange
# Ike: No one mentions his alt. colors.
# Diddy: Pink, Yellow, Light Blue, Green, White (unconfirmed)
# Meta Knight: Orange, Dark Meta Knight, Green, Crimson, White, Kirby Colors

Weekly Jumpan also discovered what the eight WarioWare modes are in the WarioWare stage. They are Appeal!, Destroy!, Shave!, Cracker/Clacker! (?), Stay Dry!, Dodge!, Jump!, Don't Move!

There are reports that Kirby was able to eat certain items and gain the ability. Of cours,e he can only use one at a time, just like when he gains the powers of players. Firby eating a Fire Flower= fire breathing Kirby, ect.

I have had this news for a dew days, but was waiting to post it until it had more proof. It seems now that the news was true, and there is a Birdo Assist Trophy that shoots eggs out. The Birdo AT is fully rendered in nice, 3-D graphics, unlike the Birdo in Melee. Once of the people who originally claimed Birdo to be an AT also claimed Tingle to have a "Goldeen" attack, of just spinning around and chanting his trademark words. This is not 100% confirmed, but it HAS come from a few sources and seems that it is most likely real.

Kirby being able to eat items sounds cool, pretty nice touch if true.

2DMention

Banned
I'm kinda stoked for this game, but I haven't been reading the thread obsessively.

I think I'll pick it up at Costco when it comes out and save $5.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
There are reports that Kirby was able to eat certain items and gain the ability.

This rocks so hard. :D I love what they're doing with Kirby for Brawl. Unfortunately for him, with Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pokemon Trainer, Snake, and Lucas vying for my attention, he may have trouble becoming my secondary again.

Tingle to have a "Goldeen" attack, of just spinning around and chanting his trademark words

Scribble am cry?

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
This rocks so hard. :D I love what they're doing with Kirby for Brawl. Unfortunately for him, with Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pokemon Trainer, Snake, and Lucas vying for my attention, he may have trouble becoming my secondary again.
You just have to play long enough to develop half a dozen secondaries. In Melee I mained Jigglypuff and then below her were Falco, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Ice Climbers, and below them was everybody else. :D

In Brawl I'll add Meta Knight almost for sure, Kirby almost for sure, Pokemon Trainer likely but not necessarily probable, and Zelda if they buffed her up a bit. And of course there's probably some unrevealed character or other who I'll love... Maybe even a few of them. D:

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:
You just have to play long enough to develop half a dozen secondaries. In Melee I mained Jigglypuff and then below her were Falco, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Ice Climbers, and below them was everybody else. :D

In Brawl I'll add Meta Knight almost for sure, Kirby almost for sure, Pokemon Trainer likely but not necessarily probable, and Zelda if they buffed her up a bit. And of course there's probably some unrevealed character or other who I'll love... Maybe even a few of them. D:

For right now, I'm trying my best to stay neutral. I'm not going to commit to any set of characters as my "main" and "secondary", until I get a chance to get a taste of each char for myself from the complete roster.

That said, I'll probably will drift back to my old flame Bowser, who's now better than ever, to help ease me into the game (as well as maybe tackle a number of the events and etc.). But Dedede looks like he could be a lot of fun in his own light...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom