• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Chumly said:
Honestly this would make a lot of sense. I mean I have a feeling Brawl is gonna break Nintendos back for its online service. It will absolutely crush all records/peak times Nintendo has ever had. 1-1.5 Million Japanese along with 2 million Americans might have been a little to much for the online Nintendo currently has. I guess the unfortunate side affect is spreading it out a tad.

But I just don't understand WHY they didn't get on top of that shit months ago? Did some NOA employee wake up in the middle of the night recently with a cold sweat and the epiphany: "OH SHIT I think Brawl is going to be really popular!!!!"

Neo C.

Ashhong said:
Man people are really fucking up his wiki
Masahiro Sakurai (桜井政博, Sakurai Masahiro?) (born on August 3, 1970 in Tokyo, Japan) is a game concept designer, the asshat behind both the Kirby and the Super Smash Bros. series (With the newest one being delayed a second time because he's such a douche) on Nintendo platforms, and the author of a weekly column for Famitsu magazine
Well, this isn't really nice.

I'm telling you, Wii Fit is to blame. Nintendo has been pegging Wii Fit as either a January or February release. I think it's fairly obvious that the game is going to be released in February and Nintendo's paranoia and business practices delayed Brawl.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Ok I can understand why people would be annoyed, but not to the extent where they edit his wikipedia page and insult him......

I don't see why anyone is blaming Sakurai for this.

I highly doubt it would be the Creative Director's fault. He has no say in things like this.

This is all on Nintendo, not Sakurai's team.

And even if it was a bug fix, it's still the programmer's fault, not the director.

SuperAngelo64 said:

I highly doubt it would be the Creative Director's fault. He has no say in things like this.

Now THIS, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH

It has nothing to do with the God.

SantaC

roadrage.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SuperAngelo64 said:

And even if it was a bug fix, it's still the programmer's fault, not the director.

Don't kill the messenger is more of a guideline rather than a rule. Not usually enforced either.

As long as the game comes out eventually I'll be perfectly happy.

JCX

Absinthe said:
I'm telling you, Wii Fit is to blame. Nintendo has been pegging Wii Fit as either a January or February release. I think it's fairly obvious that the game is going to be released in February and Nintendo's paranoia and business practices delayed Brawl.

I think it has to do with mario kart wii. Now they can easily delay that to the fall, even though MKwii has already been online (I'm assuming it is somewhat far along in development)

traveler

Not Wario
SuperAngelo64 said:

I don't worship the man like some of you guys around here do, but, yeah, I can agree with this. (Especially given the descrepancy between the NA and Japanese delays- the fault for that has to lie with either the business, manufacturing, or localization side.)

TheKingsCrown said:
Now THIS, I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH

It has nothing to do with the God.

True..but you can't fight Nintendo, they are too powerful! You have to take on one man! All the smashballs in the world wouldn't save Sakurai if all us smash fans bombarded him at once :D

psycho_snake

SuperAngelo64 said:

Exactly. People are getting pissed off at him, even though he cant do anything about the delay.....

jrricky

Banned
i knew it. tsk..tsk...

Oh well, just look on the bright side, it comes around the time for march break and is going to be everything weve ever wanted.

Beautiful stage btw.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The first delay was to make sure the online component was installed and working properly.

Maybe this second delay is to take it out?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
OK I've calmed down enough now to appreciate the stage I guess.

It's pretty awesome

<3 Pikmin. I think I will go re-purchase pikmin 2 tomorrow

Chumly

MrCheez said:
But I just don't understand WHY they didn't get on top of that shit months ago? Did some NOA employee wake up in the middle of the night recently with a cold sweat and the epiphany: "OH SHIT I think Brawl is going to be really popular!!!!"
I dont either and Im super pissed were finding out so last minute. I fucking hate last minute delays.

But I guess they wanted space in between the Japanese/American launches. Maybe? That way they could fix any problems they had or be more prepared for the american launch instead of being completely fucked.

Dreavus

SuperAngelo64 said:

Agreed. In my white hot fury I cursed Sakurai's name initially but really, it's not his fault. I guess it's just because he wrote that apology at the top...

Sakurai's fault or not, this just plain sucks.

psycho_snake

Man God said:
As long as the game comes out eventually I'll be perfectly happy.
Same here. I can wait a month longer, but it seems like some people are going to kill themselves after hearing about the delay.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"Sakurai once said"I wanted to make a game that was like Duke Nukem Forever." Well, he got his wish."

Hilarious :D

Jiggy

-The love triangle of final smashes, stages, and music continues: Distant Planet sends final smashes back down to the lower tier of 21 updates while stages hit 22 so they can go flirting with their fine and totally tourney-legal friends, the music updates. It's budding love, budding like a Pikmin. Honto kawaii desu! ^__^ Ne?

-Pikmin as a series reaches 4 updates, tying such luminaries as Yoshi, which hasn't been seen since August 23rd, Animal Crossing, which hasn't been seen since September 26th, and Ice Climbers.

-F-Zero and Sonic are once again the only known franchises without stage updates, as it was before Pikmin & Olimar arrived on the scene in the first place.

-Tuesday takes its place as the runner-up day for stage updates. Hear its cry from the podium: "Yatta!" Said because, of course, historically
and in my opinionated belief
Tuesday has been the least impressive day by far, and is now doing something decent. Oh, wait. I suspect nobody else thinks of tonight's update as decent. Well, uh, never mind then. You suck, Tuesday. :p

-We would have been 6 days of updates away from the Japanese release, but instead we're 13 away. Hayaku, Time-sama, hayaku. ;_; You're falling behind!

Ja ne.

careksims

As someone has mentioned. What really bites is we get a delay but no megaton or some other SSBB news to ease us! Hoping some good news will appear to counter this.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
This stage is fucking awesome. Fuck it. With the delay, I can now have more time to play No More Heroes and fuck guys, Advanced Wars comes out not so long before it too and you know that you aren't going to complete that by the time Brawl comes out. Everyone settle down.

Rindain

Banned
Nintendo should really explain why Japan is getting it only a week later. Hopefully a statement would put to rest the rumors of manipulation--i.e. that the reason for the delay is because they want Wii Fit to have a window with no competition, Nintendo favors the Japanese, etc.

Chumly

Jiggy37 said:
-The love triangle of final smashes, stages, and music continues: Distant Planet sends final smashes back down to the lower tier of 21 updates while stages hit 22 so they can go flirting with their fine and totally tourney-legal friends, the music updates. It's budding love, budding like a Pikmin. Honto kawaii desu! ^__^ Ne?

-Pikmin as a series reaches 4 updates, tying such luminaries as Yoshi, which hasn't been seen since August 23rd, Animal Crossing, which hasn't been seen since September 26th, and Ice Climbers.

-F-Zero and Sonic are once again the only known franchises without stage updates, as it was before Pikmin & Olimar arrived on the scene in the first place.

-Tuesday takes its place as the runner-up day for stage updates. Hear its cry from the podium: "Yatta!" Said because, of course, historically
Tuesday has been the least impressive day by far, and is now doing something decent. Oh, wait. I suspect nobody else thinks of tonight's update as decent. Well, uh, never mind then. You suck, Tuesday. :p

-We would have been 6 days of updates away from the Japanese release, but instead we're 13 away. Hayaku, Time-sama, hayaku. ;_; You're falling behind!

Ja ne.
Hopefully it will be filled with awesome news.

Looking back tonights stage was really amazing.

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:

Ja ne.

:lol :lol

I didn't think you'd do it.

psycho_snake

Its a good thing that the developers of Duke Nukem are not making brawl. The poor people would be receiving death threats.

vertopci

AlternativeUlster said:
This stage is fucking awesome. Fuck it. With the delay, I can now have more time to play No More Heroes and fuck guys, Advanced Wars comes out not so long before it too and you know that you aren't going to complete that by the time Brawl comes out. Everyone settle down.

WHAT?

Too much infomation :lol

Sciz

The stage looks amazing, especially with that blur effect in the background (though it seems static, almost like it's just a jpeg).

I would probably be more upset about the delay if I had actually bothered to go out and get a Wii yet.

Duderz

Banned
AlternativeUlster said:

No.

We have no evidence that this delay will better the game in anyway, and announcing it with less than a month to go (with no megaton I might add) is just low.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rindain said:
Nintendo should really explain why Japan is getting it only a week later. Hopefully a statement would put to rest the rumors of manipulation--i.e. that the reason for the delay is because they want Wii Fit to have a window with no competition, Nintendo favors the Japanese, etc.

You do realize that Wii Fit doesn't even have a release date in NA, right?

Just relax, calm down. They aren't doing it out of spite, and definately not for the sake of any other game.

Awesome level, a really fucking awesome level, but another delay!?
Damn, this better be for the implementation of the Wii mic for online voice chat that is being unveiled in february.

: (

OgnodoD

MrCheez said:
I was thinking the same thing :lol

If only the Wii was region-free, I'd be all over an import copy of the game. But buying a whole additional system to play it early......... :/

I'm obsessed with Brawl, but I don't know if I'm that obsessed. Sigh.

Oh, I'm seriously considering getting a Japanese Wii. It's a long time to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom