• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiggy37 said:
-The love triangle of final smashes, stages, and music continues: Distant Planet sends final smashes back down to the lower tier of 21 updates while stages hit 22 so they can go flirting with their fine and totally tourney-legal friends, the music updates. It's budding love, budding like a Pikmin. Honto kawaii desu! ^__^ Ne?

-Pikmin as a series reaches 4 updates, tying such luminaries as Yoshi, which hasn't been seen since August 23rd, Animal Crossing, which hasn't been seen since September 26th, and Ice Climbers.

-F-Zero and Sonic are once again the only known franchises without stage updates, as it was before Pikmin & Olimar arrived on the scene in the first place.

-Tuesday takes its place as the runner-up day for stage updates. Hear its cry from the podium: "Yatta!" Said because, of course, historically
and in my opinionated belief
Tuesday has been the least impressive day by far, and is now doing something decent. Oh, wait. I suspect nobody else thinks of tonight's update as decent. Well, uh, never mind then. You suck, Tuesday. :p

-We would have been 6 days of updates away from the Japanese release, but instead we're 13 away. Hayaku, Time-sama, hayaku. ;_; You're falling behind!

Ja ne.

ウェアブー...

6tm7d07.png

Innotech

Banned
they probably moved it to compete with MGS4 release. Think about it.

And we are REALLY spoiled these days if we cant wait just another month. This gives us time to play NMH and endless Ocean awhile otherwise those games would disappear.

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:
ウェアブー...

6tm7d07.png
I imagine it must be truly painful to someone who actually knows Japanese. :D
It's too bad, though, that I couldn't figure out what I wanted to initially, which was to mention the delay and then write the Japanese equivalent of:

"DOJO THREAD ARE YOU OKAY

POST IF YOU'RE OKAY"

:(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SuperAngelo64 said:
ウェアブー...

6tm7d07.png

Better be careful with those robots. We all know what happend the last time you, this thread, and robots with penchants for fighting for peace came together...

scottnak

Hah. And to think, I snuck a peek at the laptop when my friends were over (after a American Gladiators + 300 MANFEST... though the group was half female... *shrug*) and I only used the RSS feed, and only caught a glimpse at the stage.

I suppose I was the only one happy about today's update then huh :p

*le sigh*

Azuran

Banned
Well, I know a way they can make up for this:

They can either release a SSBB demo on WiiWare or Smash Bros 64 on Virtual Console. Either option is fine by me.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Azuran said:
Well, I know a way they can make up for this:

They can either release a SSBB demo on WiiWare or Smash Bros 64 on Virtual Console. Either option is fine by me.

Yes both of these are valid options.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sakurai just sent a press release for the delay:

kirbyguy.jpg

It would appear that many loyal fans are rather angry at the recent announcement for the delaying of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, even going so far as to vandalize my wikipedia page, even! Well, I can understand why some may be upset, but allow me to try and shed some light on the situation.

To start off, let's look at the word 'delay'

087779930X.jpg

Webster's dictionary defines delay as 'to put off to a later time; defer; postpone

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Child_crying-1.jpg

I'm assuming this is how most of you are feeling right now. Now that doesn't seem very joyous, does it?!

But don't feel so blue! I have something that will possibly ease the pain, and may make the situation better.

MX01816.jpg

This is what's called a 'rabbit's foot'. In American folklore, it is an item that is supposed to provide good luck (Of course, it holds no value here in Japan). You can use this to hope that I don't screw you over again.

But you must believe me, if I was able to, I would have released it as soon as possible. However, we needed this delay because we wanted to make sure this is the best Smash Bros. ever!

....or maybe I just like being an enormous asshat that loves feasting on the tears of naive Gaijins

cartman_scott.jpg

Mmm, that's good sorrow.

istockphoto_2032167_happy_drunk.jpg

In retrospect, cutting sake with breakfast doesn't seem to be as bad an idea as once thought.

Jiggy

I'm not even sure Wii Ware itself will be launched in NA before Brawl, sadly enough. :( I want my demo!

On another note, I wonder how many of the "leakers" will have to "adjust" their "leaks" to say that really the N64 Super Smash Bros. was coming to VC on "March 3rd" all along, never "February 4th."

AMUSIX

So...concerning the actual update to the Dojo....will the onions and pellets still appear when you have items shut off? They're technically a feature of the stage, and not exactly in the same class as randomly appearing items.

The stage itself is freaking awesome...might quickly become one of my favorite new stages, layout and platform placements look perfect, looks like the Grub Dog can be fought on top of (like the turtle in Great Bay...just more dangerous) and the addition of rain just adds to it all.

Jiggy

AMUSIX said:
So...concerning the actual update to the Dojo....will the onions and pellets still appear when you have items shut off? They're technically a feature of the stage, and not exactly in the same class as randomly appearing items.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree--like the apples in Green Greens. But I suppose it could always be that if items are turned off, nothing will come out of the Onions and just using the Pellets themselves for attacking would be the thing to do...

Europe(PAL) is the only region not to suffer delays as yet . . . . as we have no release date at all!!

Anyway stage is awesome, and surely a game being released next Thursday in Japan would be being pressed right now to be packed and shipped to arrive in stores early next week???????

Delay must surely be to have ample stock, JApan gets all stock for longer and they wanna build up stock for the USA release as pre-orders are most likely sky high?

I believe the delay has to do with configuring the network. Nintendo knows this is going to be HUGE and the last thing we all want is for the online portion to crash immediatly on launch.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I just got a phone call about my preorder. The guy was like "I'm calling about your Dairanto..." "yeah dude I know, it totally sucks" "Yes it does" "Thanks for calling though" "okay goodbye"

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The pikmin stage is one of the best looking stages. The actual stage where you fight is pretty simple, but the way they've done the background looks really good.

You know, that "press release" by Sakurai and the Japanese in Jiggy's post was funny. Sad thing is, I actually understood it. D:

As for the delay; ya'll need to shut up. This fucked me over more than it'll fuck any of you. I'm only going to be in the U.S until the 20th of Feb. I'll be back for good July. This 1 month delay for you guys means a 6 month delay for me. : (

zaxor0

He is obviously converting all assist trophies that are characters into playable characters instead. That is why there must be a delay.

GO Little MAC!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
This stage is awesome. It looks beautiful and definitely a step above anything that featured in Melee.

Also the delay doesn't phase me in the slightest - we've seen how much damn stuff is in the game and a 29-odd-day delay will just make it all the more sweeter.

Delayed until it's released, rushed forever, e.t.c.

So, like, what are the chances that the Japanese version of Brawl will have a language select option like SSBM did?

I'd import, but my fiancee will kill me if I try to buy the same game twice and a game with the fanservice options of Smash Brothers needs a language I can read in the long run.

webrunner

All we can hope is that when the Japanese version is released it won't have been fully NA-localized (maybe with typos or something, remember importing Wright?), giving an actual reason for the US version to be over a month after the Japanese version.

Gekkonidae said:
what the fuck!?!?!

Japan gets delayed a week and we get delayed a month?!?!?!

At least we're not Europe.

Ei, Japan gets flicked in the nose with the middle finger, we get comic slapped, Europe? Nintendo's gone for the sledge hammer.

Jme

I don't even care how good this Pikmin stage looks, they could have given us something more awesome to ease the pain of another set back. Last time they said there would be a delay we got Sonic. This time? Nothing. Fuck that.

The Pikmin stage looks Fuck-All Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom