• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaccheus

Banned
untitled.jpg

its zss

Jiggy

-Luigi is the 28th character profile update, AKA the 30th playable moveset. (Pokemon Trainer, remember.) How many more to go? :eek:

-They may be stealths, but we also got the 19th special moves and 25th final smash updates. Luigi becomes the only character to have never needed these updates from the day he showed up. (Meta Knight also unofficially got hit special moves even before getting his profile, but still lacked his final smash.)

-Our five least recent update types are now item, Poke Ball, music, assist trophy, and adventure mode.

-In a stunning upset, Mario gets three updates in one day and overtakes its long-time rival, the Pokemon franchise, whose shadow it had been in since September 7th to February 15th. (And also two times before then: June 19th to July 2nd, and August 13th to August 16th.)

-Luigi gets 11 screenshots, meeting with Ness and Ivysaur.

-Peach advances one screenshot to 50, passing Lucas.

-Diddy Kong hits 65 screenshots and surpasses both Pikachu and DK. Saith Donkey: "My squire, gladdened is my heart seeing that in my trail thou in earnest doth now give chase. At the least, surpassing lout Pikachu, who at length and by treachery and self-infliction had at a time caught rank by my side, do I call commendable. Yet takest thou heed: not idly shall I stand, not so that the wind bringeth dust upon my tie. Not for thee nor particularly that mouse who concealeth his scheming with a cheerier color than thee or I, and merrier garment, in waiting to stab."

-Friday passes Thursday for characters 7 to 6, unofficially passes Monday for special moves 5 to 4, and unofficially passes Wednesday for final smashes 4 to 3.

-Friday also hits 49 unofficial updates or 46 official, moving beyond Thursday's 45. If Girl Mode were around, she--

error, retry, syntax, 63 6f 6d 6d 75 6e 69 63 61 74 69 6f 6e, break, error 01100101 01110010 01110010 01101111 01110010

~Fri-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Just what do you think you're doing? Just what! >_<; That's three updates. THREE! At once! And I don't mean a good three like the Triforce, I mean a very, very, very bad three like, you know, like the kind where you tie up Thursday-chan and put her in the closet so she won't ever ever EVER be loved like her younger attention-stealing sister. ;_; What? I'm not crying because you hurt me. I'm crying because you hurt her! >_<; Stop that laughing, just--oh, what? Yes, that's true, you're still only one "official" update ahead... Yes, she can pass you by getting two "official" updates, that's true... Okay, Fri-chan, I guess you have a point. I'll let you go for a little while. But I'm watching you carefully, and I'm hiding all the rope and the duct tape too!~

justchris

Uncontrollable taunting?

So first, you make them deserve to get their ass kicked, then you kick their ass? Sneaky you green devil, very sneaky.

CassSept

Jesus Christ Jiggy. Jesus Christ.
Anyway, finally update about best character in SSBB (well, maybe second best, but most amusing anyway).
And list of side-effects, rofl.

CTLance

Yay, Luigi!
Loved him in Melee, will love him in Brawl. Always good for a laugh. Malfunctioning Luigi Missile into the abyss ftw!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Luigi yay, truly the greatest male character of all the Mario universe. :D

Edit: Whoa, I was even right that the special moves would be coming with the character. I will count this as a triple update.

Greatest Mario character period. Dont know who is better. Maybe Watt or Rawk Hawk or Fawful or even...Geno! =P

Jiggy

I had Luvbi in mind as a character better than Luigi. She's also one of only two great things about Super Paper Mario, the other being the Francis dating sim parody.

Meloche

I think I'll have to learn to be good with Luigi just so I can make use of his awesome Final Smash and brilliant taunt(s).

Iam Canadian said:
Fawful > All.

For he is the mustard of your doom.
He would've made an awesome Assist. I guess on the plus side, if there does end up being a Smash Bros for DS there's tons of handheld franchises that received minimal representation in Brawl.

Jiggy

Theoretical Smash Bros DS roster centering around Nintendo's portable games:

Mario - Mario (Mario & Luigi moveset), Luigi (likewise), Peach (Super Princess Peach moveset), doubles team involving switching between a Mario Golf guy and a Mario Tennis girl or vice versa
Pokemon - Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Heracross, Grovyle, Blaziken, Piplup, Lucario
Zelda - Link (switch between TMC and PH design), Marin, Zelda (same as Link), Vaati
Kirby - Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Fire Emblem - Lyn, Hector, Eliwood
Wario - Wario, Mona, Captain Syrup
Golden Sun - Isaac, Mia
Advance Wars - Andy, Sami
Game & Watch - Mr. Game & Watch
Metroid - Fusion Samus (Power Suit alternate), Zero Suit Samus (with ending scene alternates)
Yoshi - Yoshi, baby Bowser
Drill Dozer - Jill

Yep.

Jiggy37 said:
Theoretical Smash Bros DS roster centering around Nintendo's portable games:

Mario - Mario (Mario & Luigi moveset), Luigi (likewise), Peach (Super Princess Peach moveset), doubles team involving switching between a Mario Golf guy and a Mario Tennis girl or vice versa
Pokemon - Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Heracross, Grovyle, Blaziken, Piplup, Lucario
Zelda - Link (switch between TMC and PH design), Marin, Zelda (same as Link), Vaati
Kirby - Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Fire Emblem - Lyn, Hector, Eliwood
Wario - Wario, Mona, Captain Syrup
Golden Sun - Isaac, Mia
Advance Wars - Andy, Sami
Game & Watch - Mr. Game & Watch
Metroid - Fusion Samus (Power Suit alternate), Zero Suit Samus (with ending scene alternates)
Yoshi - Yoshi, baby Bowser
Drill Dozer - Jill

Yep.

Remember Starfox was DS. ^_^

Jiggy

I don't know, now I'm really getting attached to the idea of a Smash Bros. game that doesn't have Fox in there somewhere probably being too good for his own good. It'll never happen, though. :(

Edit: Star Fox Command sucks so much I forgot it existed. But I probably wouldn't have included it anyway. I kicked F-Zero out even though that had three GBA games. >_>

Aw. I liked Command, but that might have something to do with these rose glasses I'm fond of wearing from time to time.

I wonder how the smashboards would react to Fox not being in a game.

Edit: and let me clarify. Sobing fox does not make me happy. It infact made me both sad and cringe. I still had fun, mainly because I like flight games and branching paths.

Jiggy

Command could have been a good Star Fox if not for the controls. :( I never had a problem with the game not being on-rails, unlike most, but ARGH the controls. Doing a barrel roll had never been less fun.

Jiggy37 said:
Command could have been a good Star Fox if not for the controls. :( I never had a problem with the game not being on-rails, unlike most, but ARGH the controls. Doing a barrel roll had never been less fun.

I got used to it, but man the hand cramps after the first few times playing it. Those sucked.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
While I would have preferred button controls, I didn't really have too much of an issue with Command's controls. The thing that I disliked about that game was how freaking repetitive it was. It was like playing the same level over and over and over again. D:

Besides, the turn-based strategy segments were out of place and poorly implemented.

Edit:

crowphoenix said:
I got used to it, but man the hand cramps after the first few times playing it. Those sucked.

Pshaw. The hand cramps from Metroid Prime: Hunters were far worse than those from Command.

webrunner

Starfox command needed...

1) Tighter controls
2) Rail missions
3) NO GOD DAMN FOG OF WAR
4) SERIOUSLY GUYS THE FOG OF WAR WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA
5) No Giant Forehead designs
6) Level mechanics that actually made sense. I have to collect these things in every level..? .. okay?
7) FUCK THE FOG OF WAR

Iam Canadian

Tathanen said:
Everyone here who hated Star Fox Command is simply.. wrong.

Sorry, guys. :(

I didn't hate it. It was still worlds better than Adventures or Assault.

I just didn't like it that much.

webrunner

Tathanen said:
Everyone here who hated Star Fox Command is simply.. wrong.

Sorry, guys. :(

It's a step in the right direction, in that it was entirely set in the air.

They still haven't completely got back from the crummy detour though

Iam Canadian said:
While I would have preferred button controls, I didn't really have too much of an issue with Command's controls. The thing that I disliked about that game was how freaking repetitive it was. It was like playing the same level over and over and over again. D:

Besides, the turn-based strategy segments were out of place and poorly implemented.

Edit:

Pshaw. The hand cramps from Metroid Prime: Hunters were far worse than those from Command.

Stop making stuff up. There is no such game as Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Jiggy

Jiggy37 said:
I predict the Data page and the long-awaited explanation of the soccer ball.

The Great Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak [edit: half down!]
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37
Posts 5,001-7,500:
Posts 7,501-10,000:
Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (1500/2500 down)
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix
Posts 37,501-40,000: possibly reserved for Iam Canadian?
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500:
Posts 47,501-50,000:
Posts 50,001-52,500:
Posts 52,501-55,000:
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37
I agree with all of your very interesting thoughts, except I think it'll be the data page and the stopwatch tonight.

Serious note: Have we progressed at all since the last time I posted this? >_>

scottnak

Jiggy37 said:
I agree with all of your very interesting thoughts, except I think it'll be the data page and the stopwatch tonight.

Serious note: Have we progressed at all since the last time I posted this? >_>
Halfway through my second set sir!

Now tonight, MUSIC and ITEMS!!

Iam Canadian

I'm still working on mine, Jig. I have no classes this week, so I should be able to get my pages finished.

I'm going to go ahead and predict the intro video tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom