• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

White Man said:
I wasn't looking for a gaming keyboard. I do use a gaming mouse for normal use because omg high dpi precision.

Alright, fair enough. But I really hope that gaming mouse is a Fatal1ty...or a Razer.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
White Man said:
I wasn't looking for a gaming keyboard. I do use a gaming mouse for normal use because omg high dpi precision.

Have you considered one of those even fancier "effective setup" keyboards? They apparently make you type faster. Since you said you didn't want gaming keyboard.

Just like we don't want TH. WHAT THE **** IS THIS! They're not even updating us with delays anymore.

Dare I say it? Has the delay been delayed? Division by Zero? Finkle is Einhorn?

duffey

RPS37 said:
What will happen first:

A) This thread reaches 1000 posts
B) The IGN Weekly video goes online
?
It seems like A will win. We're almost there!

Also oh my god what a beautiful keyboard.

White Man said:
It was almost a dealbreaker until I felt the keys. The give and response is amazing. The keys are weighted perfectly. It's like my fingertips are brushing the clitorises of god. Onfortunately it's bluetooth so it is only a demigod.
:lol

Um. . .if you got 8 packs of ramen for a dollar, then this keyboard is worth 1600 packs of ramen.
That's a lot of noodles and it would've cost a lot less to touch mortal clits, though. Maybe only a couple if you do a real ghetto dinner 'n a date.

White Man

Chiggs said:
Alright, fair enough. But I really hope that gaming mouse is a Fatal1ty...or a Razer.

It's a Microsoft Habu, by Razer. It's a good mouse, but it shipped with borked firmware, and the process to fix it was a pain in the ass. It's all good now and I adore the god-damned thing.

Have you considered one of those even fancier "effective setup" keyboards? They apparently make you type faster.

I've played around with lots of keyboards. Split, ergo, the ones with wrst wrests, etc. I always like a pretty standard qwerty design. It's what I've been using for nearly 2o years and trying to change never really sticks.

Grimm Fandango said:
:)

A ray of unpolarized light traveling in air reflects off an interface with index of refraction n = 1.33. At what angle θ is the reflected beam perfectly polarized?

(a) 18°
(b) 42°
(c) 53°

Here's the pic with it:

picwy7.gif

Damn son!! I don't know that! :lol

But I think it's C. (I used the interwebs)

Grimm Fandango said:
That is the answer... did you use Google to find the source of the answer? >_>

And this is only Physics 102.

Yes. :D

I did really well in college intro phsyics. Thought it would be interesting to see if I retained anything. Guess electromagnetics was the next class. :)

QVT

Wont load wtf noooo failure is complete!

Its trying to load ads. Are we killing it? Anywhere else to get it?

duffey

QVT said:

I watched the first minute and a half and it actually looked really good but nothing really gameplay related yet.

Krowley

QVT said:

Working fine for me..

Click the link.. it will pop up a window and play a stupid annoying advertisment and then a "right click to save" thing will appear in the bottom of the little window.

Unless it's stopped working since i clicked it.

downloading at 320 KB/s for me, which is about my limit, so we're definitly not killing it. at least not yet.

GreekWolf

Walking through that room with the soldiers kneeling and the shimmering walls... VERY nice!

And now the stream has just crapped out on me

QVT

getting it. partway through so far... thread no longer gonna be epic :( combat looks basic and has become almost a strait rip of dmc3. graphics are gears of war+ level(at least from this small resolution). RPG stuff looks great but with DMC4 coming to 360 and likely having a more refined and fluid system, there will be trouble.

What a dissapointment.

Edit: New impressions post below, latter combat is different than earlier combat. Wait until camera section before making fool of self.

soco

QVT said:
getting it. partway through so far... thread no longer gonna be epic :( combat looks basic and has become almost a strait rip of dmc3.

so e3 with a better frame rate and some improved gfx?

SPEA

OK. I just got through it. It looked great. I was impressed. The only thing iffy right now is the combat. It didn't seem to 'flow" just right. Hopefully their will be more videos so I can see the combat more in action. I loved the presentation though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
640x360? This is my first time watching one even though I've been an Insider since like 2001.

QVT

Edit as new post: The later footage gets better and better. The combat becomes MUCH more fluid in the last major combat showing during the camera segment. Its two different games. I take back my earlier combat statement. The second part is NOTHING like the first.

No date. WTH.

Also, I'd like to start this now: The character moves WAY too slow. Slower than Dante, way slower than Kratos, and about 1/5th the speed of Ryu.

Vrolokus

Banned
QVT said:
Also, I'd like to start this now: The character moves WAY too slow. Slower than Dante, way slower than Kratos, and about 1/5th the speed of Ryu.

Why are we comparing it to those games - isn't Too Human more of an action RPG?

(8 minutes to go... 68%)

GreekWolf

I'm about six minutes in. Initial impression - it's the X360's God of War, set in a futuristic universe and with impressive visuals.

Love the huge ruined monuments in many of the backgrounds. Animation for the lead character is very good. Animation in many of the enemies needs work. Effects range from pretty good to superb.

QVT

Vrolokus said:
Why are we comparing it to those games - isn't Too Human more of an action RPG?

(8 minutes to go... 68%)

He looks stuck in molasses. Thats why. No reason to have him move THAT slow. Beyond that, on my second watch through of the camera section, it looks ****ing perfect. Make him move faster to avoid failure!

Note: Slower than WoW, very very ****ing slow walking. The movement is so fast compared to the walking.

Yes, it has changed the way i think about games. Interconnected character through trilogy? hawt. 4 player co-op = so ****ing mindboggling i have no idea how its going to be implemented in a semi-linear game(unless its just more people with you through the linearness)

Second Edit: There are times when the character runs faster than other times. Is that an upgradeable thing?

goldenpp72

So far my only problem is the framerate (looks choppy) and the texture detail in some areas, but it's definately come a long way. Of course i've only gotten like 1/3 the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom