• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

There's so much love in this game. XD

What if Blanka (was that her name? Female cat with the blank face?) was the fighting character? Then you could draw her face on!

Beezy

SumGamer said:
OMG SATURDAY 8PM

stage06_070713e.jpg
:lol

I wonder if the live event will have any in-game effect? It seems the characters will glance at the stage when the live performance starts.

Seriously, how many little surprises will this game have?

RagnarokX

I wonder if seasons change, and what about holidays? If you play on New Years at 12 do fireworks go off? Will Tortimer be in the background next to a countdown clock?

Acerac

Banned
That's really an obscene amount of attention payed to detail don't you think? Once a week he comes out and plays a song?

I remember when I was worried this game was going to be bad... -_-

Shinobix

RagnarokX said:
I wonder if seasons change, and what about holidays? If you play on New Years at 12 do fireworks go off? Will Tortimer be in the background next to a countdown clock?

No one would ever see that happen..unless the clock is changed.

RagnarokX

Oh, and this explains Totaka being listed in the composers section. We'll need to be on the lookout for Totaka's Song hidden in this stage probably.

This stage should have presents(crates) that fly by hanging from balloons that you can knock down... and Gulliver should fly by! And Mr Resseti should randomly burst from the ground and hit anyone above him. OMG what a great stage!

So much detail and some additional characters on screen, although they aint fighting.

This game is going to be crazy. If there is this much attention to detail the game must absolutely rock.
The fighting game to end all fighting games....? CHECK.

Jiggy

If K.K. Slider isn't playable and Tom Nook isn't playable, yet there's an Animal Crossing logo, does... does that mean... create-a-character?!

No, no, I have to stop dreaming. No. That would be too good to be possible. No, even if it was just limited strictly to the Animal Crossing shape/size and you could only change clothing and name while the moveset stayed the same, I'd enjoy it too much. It can't happen. No.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm.. okay... odd thoughts time...

a) Was there ANY stage in SSB/SSBM that was derived from a game series but had no series character available as a fighter?
(someone else appeared to ask this same question and was told that there were, but I can't think of what the stage would be.)

b) Just about all "popular" characters from Animal Crossing are seen in the background of the level. They don't really have anyone left to use, do they?

c) Are Ganon and Zelda the ONLY examples of non-player characters available as a fighters in a SSB/SSBM? Every other character has been player controlled at least for a point, right? Part of me thinks that AC is limited for fighters if the intent is to use player-controlled characters for all fighters, as there are no static player characters in Animal Crossing.

d) Why are so many of these stages boring "flat path and 1/2/3 platform" stages? Can't we get interesting level designs back?

PkunkFury

ant1532 said:
Tom Nook playable character confirmed.

Tom Nook is in the background, so he might not be playabele, but since the leaf is an icon I will presume he is. They could always move him from the background when he's playable, since the background seems to change frequently anyway. Hell they could make him jump out of the background the first time he fights

ant1532

Banned
DavidDayton said:
Hmm.. okay... odd thoughts time...

a) Was there ANY stage in SSB/SSBM that was derived from a game series but had no series character available as a fighter?
(someone else appeared to ask this same question and was told that there were, but I can't think of what the stage would be.)

b) Just about all "popular" characters from Animal Crossing are seen in the background of the level. They don't really have anyone left to use, do they?

c) Are Ganon and Zelda the ONLY examples of non-player characters available as a fighters in a SSB/SSBM? Every other character has been player controlled at least for a point, right? Part of me thinks that AC is limited for fighters if the intent is to use player-controlled characters for all fighters, as there are no static player characters in Animal Crossing.

d) Why are so many of these stages boring "flat path and 1/2/3 platform" stages? Can't we get interesting level designs back?
Yeah, there isn't any characters that can be left to be playable from AC that aren't in the background so yeah, this is a first I'm guessing since there will be no character representing the stage.

GhaleonQ

Am I merely blind, or is the original Resetti not in any of the screenshots? He always made the most sense to me as an addition, but people are saying that all "major" characters are included.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
PkunkFury said:
Tom Nook is in the background, so he might not be playabele, but since the leaf is an icon I will presume he is. They could always move him from the background when he's playable, since the background seems to change frequently anyway.

You know what, that's a good point... the idea of a level with no fighters seems bizarre to me, and there are enough characters in AC (and a variety of distributions of those characters shown in the screenshots) that it could be quite possible for chosen A.C. characters to be removed from the background.

Maybe.

PkunkFury

ant1532 said:
Yeah, there isn't any characters that can be left to be playable from AC that aren't in the background so yeah, this is a first I'm guessing since there will be no character representing the stage.

it should be noted that Ghoro is an assist character, and he has an F-Zero icon for his update. Dr. Wright, who is also an assist character, uses a generic smash icon. If we assume icons only go to series with playable characters, since they exist to be displayed under the character life percent, then we can assume someone from Animal Crossing is playable. The other assumption to make is that stages alone are now worth designing an icon for.

Frankly I think someone Animal crossing will be playable. It's sort of breaking too many rules to have the stage and icon without the character

as mentioned by Ghaleon Q, it could be Resetti. He should at least be an assist character if not. In fact Nook should be an assist if he's not playable since Wright can make it :\ He could've dispensed items. I'm still saying someone is playable

MaddenNFL64

When this game came out on the GC years ago, I played AC religiously for about 2 months. I just basically quit the game after that, but man I got my moneys worth. KK Slider songs were the best.

PkunkFury

Updated series icon list:

1.Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
8.Pokemon
9.Zelda
10. Mario
11.Yoshi
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

Did I miss one?

Melee series still missing:

Fire Emblem (basically confirmed)
Earthbound (ought to be confirmed, but NOA may try to stop this one)
Ice Climbers (might go?)
Game and Watch (might go?)

My guesses?

(these two could be switched)
Earthbound = 7
Fire Emblem = 12

(these two could be switched)
Ice Climbers = 13
Game and Watch = 14

and finally, this one is pretty much a shoe in
Pikmin = 17

The above guesses would place:

all original 64 series in 1-11
all introduced in Melee series in 12-14
and all introduced in brawl 1st party series in 15-18
Brawl numbers will go past 18, could include another Nintendo franchise or two
and all 3rd party franchise will be after these numbers (so for now, Metal Gear would be 19)

Ha, this is so awesome! I can't wait to play on Saturday nights!

With most of the every-town staples showing up in the background, I wonder if they'll have one of the random villagers as a contestant. That might be too obscure for some people, but I think it would be cool to see Marina, Stitches or one of the more interesting villagers fight.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
:lol :lol :lol

This game is made of pure unadulterated awesomeness. no one may contest this statement.

I love how just this stage uses the internal clock instead for the cycle, and the concert is awesome. I wonder if the battle stops and you are forced to watch the show :lol

ohamsie

PkunkFury said:
Updated series icon list:

1.Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
8.Pokemon
9.Zelda
10. Mario
11.Yoshi
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

Where are you getting this 18 series icon thing from and how do you know which number to put each symbol down for?

scola said:
:lol :lol :lol

This game is made of pure unadulterated awesomeness. no one may contest this statement.

I love how just this stage uses the internal clock instead for the cycle, and the concert is awesome. I wonder if the battle stops and you are forced to watch the show :lol

Microsoft and Capcom disagree with you. Powerstone 3 Vs Smash Bros Brawl.
Who will be the victor

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Man, a Game and Watch stage would be AMAZING! Like the oil barrell game as a stage. Or an Excite Truck stage where everyone is fighting off the backs of trucks. Too EXCITING! This Animal Crossing stage is still f*cking brillant, though.

PkunkFury

ohamsie said:
Where are you getting this 18 series icon thing from and how do you know which number to put each symbol down for?

right click the icons for each character update (in the upper left hand corner) and choose Save as. A number appears at the end of each gif

and will the stage look different in winter? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom