• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Omaha |OT| We Swear We're More Than the College World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading to Omaha for Thanksgiving, and my father-in-law just sent me an email saying that the world lightweight boxing championship is gonna be at CenturyLink that Saturday. He got his company's club seats so I'm going with him and my brother-in-law. Never been to a boxing match before, and I guess the current champ is from Omaha. Should be interesting.

Had Hartland BBQ finally. Pretty good stuff for Omaha BBQ.

Also, fellow beer lovers should look into doing a brew with the brewer deal at Infusion in Benson. Did that last week and it was great fun making a home brew with a professional brewer. Can't wait to try our beer in a few weeks.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Had Hartland BBQ finally. Pretty good stuff for Omaha BBQ.

Also, fellow beer lovers should look into doing a brew with the brewer deal at Infusion in Benson. Did that last week and it was great fun making a home brew with a professional brewer. Can't wait to try our beer in a few weeks.

Hartland's lunch deal is excellent. Sandwich, chips and a pop for 5 bucks. Their sauces are good, too. Jim's Rib Haven is still the best spicy sauce of all time, though. You are doing yourself a disservice if you have never had it. Just make sure you go while all the hoodlums are in school/delinquent somewhere else.

Hey Omaha-GAF.

I feel like we have yet to have the discussion of date night to-do's in this thread. One of the biggest gripes about this city is that there is nothing to do. I am 21, but my girlfriend is only 20, and we never know what to do. I'm taking her out this Friday and I'm looking for some ideas. What do you guys got?

We both very much enjoy food and live music.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Hey Omaha-GAF.

I feel like we have yet to have the discussion of date night to-do's in this thread. One of the biggest gripes about this city is that there is nothing to do. I am 21, but my girlfriend is only 20, and we never know what to do. I'm taking her out this Friday and I'm looking for some ideas. What do you guys got?

We both very much enjoy food and live music.

Well, Omaha has food and live music in spades...

But on top of that, you're in your own :p

Benson would be good. You have Pizza Shoppe, then you have Waiting Room.

Aaron Freeman (Ween) will be there this weekend, but don't know if it is 21+.

Otherwise, Old Market.
Big Red Keno

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Stellas, The Drover, Brewburger, and Dinkers are ridiculously offended. Some of the best burgers in America right there...

I like Piccolo Pete's. Mangia Italiana is excellent for pizza and pastas. Roman Coin I've heard has good pizza (very expensive pizza). Their XL pizza is about $20. You can go to Pizza Hut and get a Large for $10.

I think we just like getting lots of sleep.

South Omaha doesn't really get going until 11am.

I remember the cows smelling up the air, but otherwise it's a great part of Omaha. Take her to Alvarados at 3 AM for a Carne Asada Burrito. They are the best in town.

I hope I can do that one day

I want to move to Seattle...I think

I'm a Seattle native, so I'm biased. HOWEVER, after traveling all over the world, I can't imagine living anywhere else. I love The Netherlands and could live there for a while, same with Tokyo, but I'd always come back to Seattle.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
One of these times, w will have to do a nebraska meetup when you are in town. More of us than Vermont-gaf and they have had at least one!

If you had made that thing wink, my heart would start racing.

He really is my wife's cousin (her dad and Scott's dad are first cousins). We've been down to Eugene for Ducks games and got a tour of the absurdly over the top ridiculous money facility. No clue what's going to happen at UNL.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hopefully we will have a coaching search going on this time next week!

Dunno. This might be a bad year to hire with the Florida and Michigan situtations

My wife's cousin is Scott Frost. :)

You know I head people in my lab and the neighboring lab wanting Frost to replace Bo.

Came in expecting Peyton gifs, left disappointed.

Peyton_Manning_Omaha_Map_Denver_Broncos--ZM--NAVY.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Yeah, that's nothing new. I think he'd love the job, but don't know if the timing is right.

I don't think it is either, but I'd keep his resume and business card handy. Maybe we can lure him to replace Beck...and find someone to replace John "Pelini's Sockpuppet" Papuchis

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
At this point, I would be willing to gamble. Couldn't be more mediocre than Bo and he certainly won't be ol what's his name.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Ticker tape parade through downtown!

Happy days are here again!

Here is hoping for a great long-haul coaching snag. Is it too much to ask for a coach who wins games against top 25 teams each year?

FyreWulff

They should just rename downtown to Creightontown

it's their world, we're just living in it

I used to work at the downtown library. It's weird to see a former workplace in most of the pictures of Omaha :p

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They should just rename downtown to Creightontown

it's their world, we're just living in it

I used to work at the downtown library. It's weird to see a former workplace in most of the pictures of Omaha :p

I went to Creighton for a year. I got use to seeing the area. I always thought a lot about downtown when I was younger. The vibrant night life, the art scene, culture, etc.. it's something you to find fun to have fun.

Creighton has expanded quite a bit.

Creighton_University4.jpg

I've seen people tour the campus before. The School on a Hill is what I've heard said before.

FyreWulff

I'll admit, I've never actually walked into the campus at that part. Just.. around it. I have a thing where I think I'll get in trouble for walking through public places like that.

I had a friend that worked at the First National Tower and he kept telling me I could walk through the entire tunnel system they had, all I would have to say is I thought it was public if they didn't like me there.. I was like nah i'm fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom