• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren schools Donald J. Trump's education pick during confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectone

Why are conservatives in US politics full on fuckwits??? Why do they always go full nutjob??? Why does it always have to be pro guns, anti abortion, anti gay, anti trans, anti science, anti evolution, anti climate change, anti maternity leave? When can we see a high profile republican be, say, anti abortion, pro guns but not against science or fucking evolution??? I swear this sort of bullshit only happens in the United States. We have our fair share of corrupt asshole in our government (Mexico) but I cant remember the last time we had a politician that publicly has said they dont believe in evolution, science or climate change.

Each country is different politically and culturally. Many people have tried to see the similarities between Australian politics and the USA but really there are none. Our Liberal and National parties are not really the equivalent of the Republican Party. There are a few people in the Liberal and National parties that are similar to these Republicans but they don't hold enough power to achieve the same things you get in the USA. Also our system of Government is completely different to the USA. Australia didn't go to war with England to become independent, we don't have things like the second amendment.

So I think this is a purely US phenomenon occurring here. The right wing may be rising in some places but in others it is not.

Big-E

This should give confidence to all you job seekers out there. No matter who ill-prepared you are and no matter how much you fuck up your interview, you can hold your head high knowing you did a better job than the secretary of education.

This should give confidence to all you job seekers out there. No matter who ill-prepared you are and no matter how much you fuck up your interview, you can hold your head high knowing you did a better job than the secretary of education.

And remember, cronyism is what really gets you far in life kids! Oh yeah, and being white too! /this world

Wulfric

This Clip of Bernie Sanders asking his questions really makes me think, man this guy REALLY wants to help and fix problems. Especially his last questions.

America you really have dun' fucked up.

bootstraps.jpg

Smh, Bernie would have put up a hell of a fight in the final debates. Heaven forbid we raise taxes to improve college affordability for someone else's kid. At this point, the department of energy will be unrecognizable in four years.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry right now. This trainwreck just doesn't stop.

rec0ded1

9cWtFAX.jpg

Senator Chris Murphy (D) from my home state. He just has a doofy looking face. She had the gall to say that guns may have a place in schools to a congressman from fucking Connecticut.
Asked question about guns in schools, answers "My heart bleeds..."
How the fuck did she not know about Pell Grants? Even knew about Pell Grants before I was even following politics closely.
Pell Grants are for poor people. I read that the nominees were getting prepped on the price of a gallon of milk and such in preparation for "gotcha" questions, but apparently didn't bother to learn what the jobs would actually entail.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Bernie also destroyed her pretty hard. It wasn't just Warren.

I don't want people to confuse partisan democratic hacks pretending to progressive, who fully outed themselves during the election with the actual progressives.

There were people like Bernie and Warren and even Al Franken were up there putting down heat on Trump's cabinet picks who i'd consider the few progressive voices. But also people like Tim Kaine were now pretending to be the 'resistance'.

I think its important to have a resistance that actually stands shoulder to shoulder for the right causes when pressure is put on them.

Trump is a buffoon but his administration is more dangerous than we can imagine right now. I say this even as Obama tries to saber rattle Russia by putting troops directly on their border. We can't have any weaknesses in the wall

bjork

Holy smokes. I'm watching these videos you guys linked to, and she's really bad at this. I might be more qualified to do this job, and I don't know anything about anything.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Checks and balances; but unfortunately it doesn't work when a single party controls all branches of the government.

I just don't get why you guys ended up with a two party system when there seems to be a ton of different views within both the democratic and republican party, you'd think there's room for a more centrist party given how left leaning some repubs are and how right leaning some dems are.

ty_hot

What is the point of these hearings if you just let the person in anyway?

I thought the congress had to approve the person... so it's just a hearing?

man, I even thought it was a great idea to have those things, even when the congress aproves you, it gives the chance to the oposition to show the people how shit the picks are... it could even lead to pressure from the public to change the pick. anyway, still better than not having those hearings.

RMI

Banned
Sadly means shit.

yep, De Vos was roasted by the democrats on multiple topics and just grinning through the whole thing because it's ALL FUCKING MEANINGLESS.

Spineless, morally bankrupt politicians will push these clowns through regardless of whether or not they are capable of doing the job. So yay for checks and balances.

Barzul

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/politics/kfile-devos-2015-suburban-republicans/index.html

In her 2015 speech, she introduced her comments by saying she was going to get "politically incorrect" in discussing the opposition.
"Many Republicans in the suburbs likes the idea of education choice as a concept, right up until it means that poor kids from the inner cities might invade their schools," DeVos said, in a video of the speech reviewed by CNN's KFile. "That's when you'll hear the sentiment 'well, it's not really a great idea to have poor minority kids come to our good suburban schools' though they'll never actually say those words aloud."

At least one of them could say it out loud. She's not wrong either. Honestly don't think she's qualified for the job either, but she'll get confirmed regardless.

*Billionaire

Get the religious right and the politicians who are a part of it or pander to them out of politics. Other than that, we're fucked for at least two years, probably a whole four.

America is securalizing faster than any other country on the planet, particularly Millenials. We just need to wake the fuck up and exercise our power. We are the largest voting block now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Holy smokes. I'm watching these videos you guys linked to, and she's really bad at this. I might be more qualified to do this job, and I don't know anything about anything.
You probably are. Read up on what she did to Detroit schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom