• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

Cerberus

How many players is RE5 versus mode? Also if you want another taste of classicish RE style, you should really pick up a 3DS and Revelations. Its great, and the 3DS itself actually has some really nice surround sound.

I think it was 4 players max. Definitely 2v2. Not sure if there was a free-for-all mode.

Foffy

Banned
People complaining about the timeline issue; what if the early chapters are set in 2008, and then jumps to 2013?

I mean, what if the game starts with Leon's scenario with the president and then unfolds in China 5 years later?

It's not that hard to try to understand...and besides, wasn't Damnation supposed to be set in 2008? :<

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That trailer went from WOAH AWESOME ---> Oh okay, it's like 5 ---> Fuck you Capcom

Announcing co-op is just the final nail in the coffin for this game in my eyes, not interested. Let me know when Capcom decide to make a proper Resident Evil game .

You mean Revelations?

Rinoa

I think Ada would never be a primary game character because in the RE universe she's always portrayed as a mystery/wild card we have no control over for a definite time. Even when we had control over her for stuff like Sep ways/Assignment Ada, her personal motives (outside of liking Leon) remained vague.

I am upset as it seems we will be stuck with an AI partner. I didnt find it that bad in RE5 but I would prefer to be alone. No clue what 6 player online is going to be like.

watershed

Banned
I'm curious about the co-op and the return of Ashley, is she still the president's daughter in need of protection or is she now a super agent as well?

What is with shitting on Leon? He looks awesome, older more mature and ran down. It was one of the best parts of the trailer.

In certain shots, he barely even looks like the same character to me.
RE4_ComparisonScreen1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

uq3bj.png

Epcott

Three RE games in one year? Global Saturation indeed!

I'm looking forward to two original RE games this year... feels strange saying that!

Boney

Banned
Awesome, thanks for the interview Niro, even though I had read it, I had forgotten about it.

Although slightly off topic, do you have a ballpark of other companies?

In such cases, that's just stating the obvious as the games are built around the fact you're unable to move and shoot. However, the notion that future Resident Evil titles would suffer for uprooting its most stale element has always struck me as nonsensical.

Perfect!

who are this imaginary people you're reffering too

Rinoa

Wasn't she in her early 20s in RE4?

Apparently Ashley was 20 in RE4. I wouldn't have known by the way she acts. The kilt-pattern on her skirt fooled me into thinking she was in highschool/private college because I had a kilt uniform.

One of the zombies in the Leon gif looks like new Dante. Leon's face is much smoother looking in the gameplay, looks like my manfriend if he skipped shaving for a few days.

def sim

Yeah, it's clearly a redesign. His jaw looks so MANLY now.

But he's lost some of the charm badassery his old design had. In exchange for MANLY MANLINESS.

The extra gruff was needed to offset the horrible hairstyle. It's extra Japanese now that I see them compared directly.

Beth Cyra

Yeah, it's clearly a redesign. His jaw looks so MANLY now.

But he's lost some of the charm badassery his old design had. In exchange for MANLY MANLINESS.

Thing is it's not different thenhow they handled Chris's more Western styled face.

Alot of the smoothness and metro look that Chris had (Remake) was dropped to make him look more like a man we more likely see as far as White North American male, same goes with Leon now in 6.

They just made Leon more american and made Chris less Arnold.

cacildo

I want leon pointy jaw back!!!!!!
Lets start a internet petition! These have the power to change everything!

e v e r y t h i n g

Beth Cyra

Well Leon being busy in ORC clearly didn't stop him from being in RE6 so maybe Jill and Claire are tagging along with him.

The random jumping down-punch is too much for me. Who pulls Jet Li moves on zombies? It's like the idea of zombies are a total joke now.

If that guy is indeed a Wesker like alot of people believe then a tag team of Chris and Leon despite their training would be a total Joke let alone Zombies.

As said Leon Suplexes Zombies, Jill jumps up and snaps their necks. Chris is strong enough to send a Zombie flying through the air and bouncing with a single punch.

This isn't new.

def sim

The random jumping down-punch is too much for me. Who pulls Jet Li moves on zombies? It's like the idea of zombies are a total joke now.

Leon suplexes zombies.

Resident Evil is somewhat tongue and cheek, has been for a while now.

Neiteio

Oh wait, you took zombies seriously? Well, um.

At any rate, don't try and tell me you don't want to take Cole McWesker for a spin and unleash some whup-ass. C'mon now. Looks like over-the-shoulder Arkham City.

B a d a s s

Top Bottom