• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Speevy said:
This might actually be worse than the smoke ball. I haven't decided.

Possibly, I'm like completely taken a back by this. I dont know if its awesome or total crap, I never imagined something like this. I have a feeling no matter, I'm probably going to collect every damn sticker there is.

I'm truly baffled at how many little things they are cramming into this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they fill that game disc to the brim.

various03_070815b-l.jpg

Almost feels like the right page is an assist trophy page..

Toad assist trophy? Brain Age Assist trophy? :p

Im only wishing

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.

This means you will be collecting stickers IN ADDITION to trophies people.

MegaByte

I like how they've basically just dumped their old art assets into the game. I guess they just didn't know what to do with all that new found space after switching to full DVDs.

It would be neater if you could export/import actual photos in order to make mock "Who are you?" ads.

duffey

sp0rsk said:

Stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies. Just play the game and you’ll start to earn them as rewards.

Yeah I was just thinking that. He didn't discount trophies at all, so that's a plus. At the very least, this helps me collect even MORE things, so I can dig it.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Did I see one of the monsters from Pikmin in there? Also, stickers? Does this mean you can clutter up the stage if you wanted to with stickers? I guess that would be pretty cool maybe. My sister used to do that with my room by sticking Lisa Frank stickers all over. I hate pink unicorns.

MMAli

Seems like a pretty cool addition.

We still have a ways to go before the release date, so don't expect anything particularly revealing in these updates until we creep closer to December. There has to be a lot of stuff in the game considering we are so far from the launch yet already know quite a bit about the new features.

Somnid

Very cool, a couple of things:

-They use official artwork for each game
-This seems to use the Wiimote pointer
-It sounds like we might get screenshots from all modes, not just camera
-I'd be surprised if this didn't have an online component to it

fusoya59

It would be cool if you can actually order your sticker montage from WiiConnect24 and then have it mailed to you. Then you can decorate your Wii with all sorts of wacky goodness.

PkunkFury

MegaByte said:
I like how they've basically just dumped their old art assets into the game.

I was thinking the same thing. I've seen most of these pictures before at some point in my life. I guess it makes sense really. If all of Nintendo's production art is going to be gathered for anything, it should be in a Smash Brothers game. this will compliment trophies pretty well, but i still prefer trophies for the text blurb

sp0rsk said:

TRUTH ^

I'm confused by the bitching, this game already exceeded what I have been hoping for

ohamsie

I think there are a lot of neat little hints in there about what might be in the game. I'm guessing maybe a brain age assist character, that elephant guy being an assisst character (perhaps making it so you can't get knocked off an edge he appears on?), and Rawk Hawk being an assisst character (which would be awesome as he was the best part about Paper Mario 2).

Maybe the Mario Party dice could be an item? Who knows.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Don't get me wrong, the game has already far, far exceeded anything than what I was ever expecting it to be without even yet playing it, but I'm just a bit more annoyed that I decided to stay up this late hoping for something (Ness?) that turned out to be not what I was expecting. And I really do hope the trophies return, and stickers are just an extra addition. Would hate to see the trophies go.

Somnid

ohamsie said:
I think there are a lot of neat little hints in there about what might be in the game. I'm guessing maybe a brain age assist character, that elephant guy being an assisst character (perhaps making it so you can't get knocked off an edge he appears on?), and Rawk Hawk being an assisst character (which would be awesome as he was the best part about Paper Mario 2).

I don't think they have any relation.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
This might sound a little dumb, but... I kind of wish the stickers were transparent. They all have a white border around them... makes it harder to put multiple stickers together to make wacky scenes. (Like, Ridley riding in Wario's pimp-mobile or Tingle humping Toad.)

Still pretty cool though. I LOVE how we have no idea what to expect anymore! Sakurai so ca-raaaaaaazy!

MegaByte

ohamsie said:

I think you're reading into it too much. They've probably just indiscriminately dumped all of their art assets (i.e. the stuff you can get off of their press sites or find in the manuals.) That's a whole mode's worth of content for free.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
JohnTinker said:
I'm just a bit more annoyed that I decided to stay up this late hoping for something (Ness?) that turned out to be not what I was expecting.

I don't think the chances of two character profiles in one week are very high.

PkunkFury

MrCheez said:
This might sound a little dumb, but... I kind of wish the stickers were transparent. They all have a white border around them... makes it harder to put multiple stickers together to make wacky scenes. (Like, Ridley riding in Wario's pimp-mobile or Tingle humping Toad.)

yeah

they remind me of colorform sets i used to play with as a kid. It would be nice if they have backdrops on some of the sticker album pages for you to make arrangements, like a mushroom kingdom scene or something.

neopokekun said:
Nope, it's from Bit Generations: Orbital
various03_070815f-l.jpg
PA.66744.001.jpg

Ooh more JPN only stuff! It's a good sign!

I just hope that this doesn't replace the trophies, while these stickers are cool, they're not as cool as the Trophies. Sending screenshots over Wii Connect 24 please Nintendo!

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
sp0rsk said:

Or he could easily be referring to the trophies we had to collect back in Melee...
This is what I thought when I saw that sentence, you can never be so certain.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
sp0rsk said:

Eh, I read it as "stickers are easier to get a hold of than trophies used to be in Melee."

Could be either way. I'll wait to hear about trophies either way.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Also if stcikers do replace trophies, it really is no big deal. Every sticker can still have its own page where there is a description of its background. It would just be 2-D instead of 3-D, but the stickers still offer more variety as we can stick them on our own album, whereas we couldn't do anything with trophies. Also stickers seem much more easy to create, so we can potential have half a thousand of them easily.

Oh, and I also seem to like this idea better :-D

dfyb

Banned
taking screenshots of stickers does not appeal to me. taking screenshots and replays of gameplay does appeal to me quite a bit.

El Papa

WTF? Why would stickers replace trophies?

sp0rsk said:

/end of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom