• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 10/07/14

daydream

Banned
N4AHGy4.png
bombcoastergif4fnlgt.gif
N4AHGy4.png

jThBdU5.png

Date: 10/07/2014 - Duration:
03:19:39
- Download

We're back from Black Rock City with all the latest on art cars, sex tents, desert drugs, and video games! Matthew "Matt" Rorie joins us to chat Driveclub, Alien: Isolation, even more on the Destiny endgame, beaver butts, the 900th P, and Dan Ryckert's feelings on haute cuisine.
J6P7HpU.png

r3RNves.png
lQmQkw2.png
6SmNUH3.png
AbGePQz.png

Timeless

Worst thread title 2014. European dates have a place but not in a weekly Bombcast thread with a commonly agreed upon date format. And the official date format is 2014-10-07 (YYYY-MM-DD), so get off your European high horse; you're wrong too.

Volotaire

You only think that cause you grew up with it. Year before Month before Day is infinitely better.

What insanity is this :p I think the Day/Month/Year is better because its progressively increasing in the denominations of time. But yeh, I'm used to it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What insanity is this :p I think the Day/Month/Year is better because its progressively increasing in the denominations of time. But yeh, I'm used to it.

And Month/Day/Year is better because TODAY IS OCTOBER SEVENTH NOT THE SEVENTH OF OCTOBER! WORD ECONOMY, BITCHES.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I....well...you know, that makes alot of sense. Like time.

But that's the opposite of how time is displayed! Noon isn't 00:12. Don't let them infect you with their European way of thinking, next thing you know you'll be using actual silverware like a fancy lad.

If you want to start talking about a 24 hour clock, then we have some common ground. But this is America, and here it's 10/7/2014.

Myggen

As someone with just a passing interest in wrestling, I wish there was something like Hoodslam where I live. It sounds so good.

Volotaire

But that's the opposite of how time is displayed! Noon isn't 00:12. Don't let them infect you with their European way of thinking, next thing you know you'll be using actual silverware like a fancy lad.

That's true... have I been wrong all my life?

If you want to start talking about a 24 hour clock, then we have some common ground. But this is America, and here it's 10/7/2014.

I'm just going to....go watch the 3 month old bombcast then.

danm999

This is an argument for the YYYY/MM/DD format though.

We don't display time in Hours/Seconds/Minutes, do we?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is an argument for the YYYY/MM/DD format though.

We don't display time in Hours/Seconds/Minutes, do we?

I'm okay with year first, if only because it makes for easier sorting in filenames.

edit: Also, thank you for reminding me that proper date format with month then day makes for far more sensible organization in any folder structure. One more for the USA. Put that one next to apple pie and sports that cause longterm brain injury.

danm999

I'm okay with year first, if only because it makes for easier sorting in filenames.

edit: Also, thank you for reminding me that proper date format with month then day makes for far more sensible organization in any folder structure. One more for the USA. Put that one next to apple pie and sports that cause longterm brain injury.

If your criteria is file organization, neither DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY make very much sense at all.

Dan's mother drugged him....

For his own good.

Dan's steady release of information revealing what made him the person he was is just one of the best things the site has had in quite a while.

danm999

Which is why I said in the first half of the post that I'm okay with having the year first.

But then in the second that MM/DD/YYYY makes "more sense" in file organization than DD/MM/YYYY.

It doesn't, they're both useless at that :p

Edit: this is a really dumb, boring tangent, isn't it?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But then in the second that MM/DD/YYYY makes "more sense" in file organization than DD/MM/YYYY.

It doesn't, they're both useless at that :p

Edit: this is a really dumb, boring tangent, isn't it?

Month then day doesn't mean month before year, and I thought this was a thread about the Giant Bombcast.

Beginning of this podcast felt weirdly annoying. Felt like they stretched their normal, "the shit I like is dumb but this is even DUMBER" shtick for way too long. Also Dan, weren't you just talking about all the open drug use at Hoodslam? Some hippie going to narc on Hoodslam now.

Top Bottom