• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 10/07/14

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is it that weird for a man to dislike drugs but love drinking in a county that condemns drugs as a lifestyle?

You'd think Dan would be 100% baked coming out of the Hoodslam events.

1258818-john_mccain_404_671245c.jpg

"Legalize all drugs, ban cigars." -Jeff Gerstmann for President 2016

"If Mr. Gerstmann is elected president, your kids will be sold Hunkadunk in the halls of their schools. Do you want that kind of America?"

Riposte

I get loving booze and hating the idea of, say, opiate abuse, but the whole anti-weed thing comes off as a total culture war thing.

I hate "stoner culture" with a burning passion. Weed itself is just another route to a similar place as booze that doesn't happen to pickle your internal organs.

I hope legalization kills stoner culture, but that idea could totally backfire, so god help us.

As someone who doesn't care about the p's, Gerstmann talking like a conspiracy theorist when discussing it is hilarious.

RE_Player

Does Brad have an minorly addictive personality? When he latches on a game he really plays the shit out of it. Starcraft 2, DOTA 2 and now Destiny, even though he admits it's not a great game.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dan "The Phantom Menace is better than all three Lord of the Rings movies" Ryckert

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Dan's "I don't need things" re: food and anime fits right in with him being uninterested in drugs and being kind of a square about it.

njean777

1258818-john_mccain_404_671245c.jpg

"Legalize all drugs, ban cigars." -Jeff Gerstmann for President 2016

I actually agree, my dad smokes cigars and fuck em. They smell like shit and make me want to vomit. I would add weed to that ban as well, but only the smoking part. You can eat it all you want but fuck that weed smell also.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even though it's nowhere near the scale, I thought it was funny how much the Destiny stuff was setting off my 'WoW ticks'

The whole light conversation - ilevel inflating to get into raids even when it's not stuff for you.
The AFKing in Strikes - AFKs in LFR
AFKing in Crucible - AFK in BGs.

I was waiting for them to start talking about trade chat and all the botting problems.

Vire

Jeff is wanting Driveclub to be something that it's not.

It's weird that Jeff thinks that Driveclub is so alien and dated, it sounds like it's exactly like PGR.

Jeff is wanting Driveclub to be something that it's not.

It's weird that Jeff thinks that Driveclub is so alien and dated, it sounds like it's exactly like PGR.

I don't remember PGR slowing my car down for me when I hit a car too hard or was off the track for longer than they wanted. I don't see this PGR comparisons over than it uses licensed cars.

Vire

I don't remember PGR slowing my car down for me when I hit a car too hard or was off the track for longer than they wanted. I don't see this PGR comparisons over than it uses licensed cars.

I'm playing it now and it handles very similarly to PGR in my opinion.

I think his criticisms besides the handling are well warranted though.

I'm playing it now and it handles very similarly to PGR in my opinion.

PGR is no where near that sticky. Go back and play 4. I think PGR was intentionally looser too because drifting was a big part of Kudos. DC feels like NFS (before criterion) with ABS setting off.

I don't think DC is a 2/5 or a bad game I'm just don't think it feels anything like PGR.

Vire

PGR is no where near that sticky. Go back and play 4. I think PGR was intentionally looser too because drifting was a big part of Kudos. DC feels like NFS (before criterion) with ABS setting off.

I don't think DC is a 2/5 or a bad game I'm just don't think it feels anything like PGR.

I never really played the NFS games so I can't really comment on it, but I will say I enjoy Horizon's handling more.

shwimpy

Just got through the Destiny segment... GOTY podcast is gonna be amazing especially since Brad will have done the raid by then and it really is the best content in the game. I'm actually surprised he "likes" it that much even having not done the raid.

Top Bottom