• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 5.11 (The Darkness, Pokemon, Left 4 Dead, Halo 2 Humpday Challenge)

bud

kristanna loken omg <3

the darkness looked pretty meh in the pics but it looks mighty fine now. i love the whole atmosphere. also, the game has a killer opening sequence.

FFChris

That was an awesome way to end the series.

The Halo tournament was great, I was totally on the edge of my seat and Left 4 Dead looks incredible. That game is coming to 360 right? I hope so.

JB1981

Left 4 Dead looks awesome!

The Darkness looks really cool too.

Did 1up win that last match 'cause Frankie dropped out, though?

MaX_PL

Banned
lol at humpday challenge being played on a bad host.

left 4 dead is awesome looking but a bit too fast if thats actual gameplay.

ColR100

So slow. Getting 10-15Kbs currently. :/

I hope next weeks 'Not the 1up show' is some big discussion roundtable on a subject of great interest. Liked those sort of episodes in the past. :)

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
The Halo piece was very well edited and presented. Kudos. I actually wanted to run to my Xbox and fire it up after watching it.

Plus, the Luke Smith Farewell Tour starts with this episode. Solid ending.

Hy_

binaryburrito said:
Not next week... the following week.

2077%20-%20I%20Love%20You%20Dragon.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
left4dead.gif

The drama A.I. should be shared :(

It sounds promising as hell. I want to play an action game using it.

The halo bit was kind of funny, and, the Darkness looks awesome as hell. Voice chat and wifi battles in pokemon = win.

Tieno

Kind of a missed opportunity you guys didn't have footage of the Bungie guys playing (would have been difficult, I know), it'd be even better.

Tieno said:
Kind of a missed opportunity you guys didn't have footage of the Bungie guys playing (would have been difficult, I know), it'd be even better.

Yeah, I wish... that would've been bad. ass.

...that said, that segment came together at the last second anyway, so it wouldn't have been feasible...

Tieno

binaryburrito said:
Yeah, I wish... that would've been bad. ass.

...that said, that segment came together at the last second anyway, so it wouldn't have been feasible...
But is it feasible for a next time (Halo 3 beta humpday?)? Can you ask Bungie to film and send it over the internet?

maus

Left 4 Dead is looking pretty aged graphic-wise. The random factors seem fun but it doesn't look like they're doing much other than capitalizing on the gameplay of that zombie CS Source mod. Hopefully the games are as enjoyable and epic as they sound.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Man that ending was so awesome....has luke said where hes going yet?...i mean...whats the deal?

Tieno

Frankie said:
as well as their hairy little talk-monkey, Luke Smith from 1UP.com. And talk he did. About how he was gonna hand our heads back to us on a platter, served with fine French butter.
:lol

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
Goddamn Frankie's writing is funny.

So we flipped it around. We started poorly. They crushed us gently for a bit, like a refrigerator door on a bunny rabbit's head, but we wrestled our way out, and attacked, Night of the Lepus-style. We did what you do on Ivory Tower. We held the high ground, like that emo kid didn't from Revenge of the Sith.
:lol

Muppet345

1Up beating Bungie was impressive, until they showed the Game Over screen for one second .. and you can see Frankie dropped, so it was 4v3 :lol

LukeSmith

Kevar said:
1Up beating Bungie was impressive, until they showed the Game Over screen for one second .. and you can see Frankie dropped, so it was 4v3 :lol

He dropped right before I respawned the last time.

tak

Frankie said:
I could hear them crying below, like orphans in the rain, outside the window of a mansion. We didn't even toss them our crusts. Every now and then, a pale-faced, dirty guttersnipe would pop his hydrocephalic head around the corner, and we would put it out of its misery. Revenge is a dish best served awesome.

This is the best thing on the internet.

Did anyone watch the thing after the credits?

Muppet345

LukeSmith said:
He dropped right before I respawned the last time.
ah, I see.

Left 4 Dead looks alright .. disappointed to see the zombies are runners, but it looks intense. Bad graphics, but who cares. Could be something to look out for.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Yeah after the credits was great....except i was expecting luke to be like...."yeah i start my job at bungie next week..and then you guys will really be screwed at the next match."

Top Bottom