• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 5.11 (The Darkness, Pokemon, Left 4 Dead, Halo 2 Humpday Challenge)

Danielsan

blame space said:
Left 4 Dead surely looks awesome, but there's not enough Darkness love in this thread. This was the first I'd seen/heard of this game, and holy shit it makes me want an Xbox 360.
The Darkness surely looks great but it's framerate is rather concerning to me. Doesn't look to be running particulary smooth.

Cdammen

screencap_pressholdx.jpg

Best tshirt ever. I need it, where did she get it? :)

todayzee

Thanks! I love that shirt, too. Ryan got me that shirt as a gift. You'd have to ask him where he got it :)

Left 4 Dead is supposed to be released on PC/X360 (and who knows? Maybe PS3? Never can tell these things). It is a stand-alone game not part of the Orange or Black Box deal. I'm hoping it comes out, like, last week.

PolyGone

Banned
ryan o'donnell is still wearing those freaking hats pulled down just above his eyes

hasn't anyone told him he looks like a freak?

Holy shit at Left 4 Dead. The idea that I could be playing with my friends online, trying to survive in a city overrun with zombies, is like a dream come true.

I forgot how good Halo 2 looks, especially the new maps.

Really good episode. I wonder what's in store for next week.

Doel

todayzee said:
Left 4 Dead is supposed to be released on PC/X360 (and who knows? Maybe PS3? Never can tell these things). It is a stand-alone game not part of the Orange or Black Box deal. I'm hoping it comes out, like, last week.
Ya seriously. I'm not even normally into zombie games, but what they do with zombies in L4D seems like this is where that type of enemy was always meant to be. I didn't know anything about this game before except for the name and zombies were involved, now its near the top of my most-wanted list with Ratchet & Clank, Halo 3, and Super Smash Bros.

naranjito

Banned
Left 4 dead looks too awesome. Its going to be fun playing that with my homies :D.

sublime085 said:
I forgot how good Halo 2 looks, especially the new maps.

Yeah, the PC crowd is all over Vista because of Halo 2.

rolleyes.jpg

ColR100

Kathleen was brilliant on this weeks show, and the way she was explaining things and her interest in the Darkness segment really shone through. Nice one. :)

Left 4 Dead looks awesome as well, and I've never heard of it up to now. Looking forward to its release.

KTallguy

Banned
Great show, I enjoyed every segment except .... pokemon....

Left for Dead is fricking amazing looking. I can't wait to get it on Steam. The thing where everyone 'talks' automatically is SO smart, is this the first time it's been implemented in this kind of game?

Doel

ColR100 said:
Kathleen was brilliant on this weeks show, and the way she was explaining things and her interest in the Darkness segment really shone through. Nice one. :)

Left 4 Dead looks awesome as well, and I've never heard of it up to now. Looking forward to its release.
Agreed.

Her whole explanation of that Left 4 Dead part where she is describing how she was stuck laying on the ground because she was injured, and from her laying position was shooting the zombies coming at her while waiting for another player to come help her (who couldn't get to her because of some big tank in between them), and then a ton more zombies burst through a door and start running for her.

That part really sold me on the game.

LukeSmith

Doel said:
Agreed.

Her whole explanation of that Left 4 Dead part where she is describing how she was stuck laying on the ground because she was injured, and from her laying position was shooting the zombies coming at her while waiting for another player to come help her (who couldn't get to her because of some big tank in between them), and then a ton more zombies burst through a door and start running for her.

That part really sold me on the game.

Exactly how I felt when I heard that story after Ryan and her got back from Valve.

Blazyr

We recorded 1UPY today so that the 5 of us would all be together. Wrapped up a little bit ago and Skip is working on it right now. Should be ready in a few hours -- it'll be up today.

ColR100

Blazyr said:
We recorded 1UPY today so that the 5 of us would all be together. Wrapped up a little bit ago and Skip is working on it right now. Should be ready in a few hours -- it'll be up today.
Looking forward to it. Cheers for keeping us all posted here on when it'll be up. :)

Doel said:
Totally agree. Sold me on it as well.

Thermite

Blazyr said:

awesome, looking forward to it.

M_A_C

The only thing I didn't like about Left 4 Dead is that it looks like your running backwards shooting the whole time. I don't like that game play mechanic very much and it looks like there is a lot of it.

WTF are those things Kathleen always wears?

Left for Dead looks phenomenal! That part when Kathleen was laying down looked scary as hell. Do you have to wait for a teammate to revive you or something? I can't wait to buy this off Steam (unless my credit card info gets jacked:lol ) I wonder how much it will cost. $29? $39? Will the 360 version cost more?
KTallguy said:
Great show, I enjoyed every segment except .... pokemon....

Left for Dead is fricking amazing looking. I can't wait to get it on Steam. The thing where everyone 'talks' automatically is SO smart, is this the first time it's been implemented in this kind of game?

Yaaaaaaaa Pokemon!!!!!

I'm joking I hate Pokemon, but then again I've never really tried it :lol:
M_A_C said:
The only thing I didn't like about Left 4 Dead is that it looks like your running backwards shooting the whole time. I don't like that game play mechanic very much and it looks like there is a lot of it.
True

senahorse

Blazyr said:

Awesome, can't wait, guess I have time to get out of bed and have a shower :D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
The Darkness looks cool, not the best-looking game ever but seems to have a nice atmospere and fun gameplay. I hope they manage to squeeze a good story into it as well.

Granted, I've barely played a Pokemon game in my life, but man...those battles looked really simple, slow and boring. I have this thing against RPGs with slow battles these days, although I do plan to give the game a shot...sometime.

Left 4 Dead looked awesome, I love co-op games in general, especially when they're designed entirely around co-op. But I always thought this would be more like a mod-like game for PC or something, it's actually a full-fledged game? 'Cause I noticed it's coming out for 360 as well...but I don't know if I would be willing to pay 60 bucks for it unless it has a lot of content and levels. It sounded like it didn't have much of a single-player mode.

Halo 2, I didn't care about much. Never even played it in multiplayer.

kenta

Has no PEINS
krypt0nian said:
Kathleen's really coming into her own on the show.

Get that girl a GAF account!
And Luke and Ryan and Skip and Garnett and Mark while we're at it!!

GAF accounts all around!

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Kiriku said:
The Darkness looks cool, not the best-looking game ever but seems to have a nice atmospere and fun gameplay. I hope they manage to squeeze a good story into it as well.

Granted, I've barely played a Pokemon game in my life, but man...those battles looked really simple, slow and boring. I have this thing against RPGs with slow battles these days, although I do plan to give the game a shot...sometime.
Simple? No. Slow? Probably. Boring? Well that just depends on your taste.

Lo-Volt

kenta said:
And Luke and Ryan and Skip and Garnett and Mark while we're at it!!

GAF accounts all around!

:lol

Anyway, good season, would watch again. And I wait with bated breath for the Roman orgy episode of 1UP Yours.

MaX_PL

Banned
the humpday challenge proved how unbalanced halo is with smg start.

start me with BR and i'd take bungie or 1up on 1v4... and win.

cant wait for the AR and Halo 3 beta.

Enk

makes good threads.
Very enjoyable episode. Darkness looks interesting and may give it a rental to see how it plays. Despite me never getting into the Pokemon craze I might pick this one up just for the online play. Left4Dead has been a game I've been keeping my eye on and am very glad to see it turn own a good response.

As far as the wrap around segment. I'm really liking the competition episodes on the 1up Show. These past two shows and the Virtual Fighter 5 Saga were pretty fun and hope to see more of it in the future. Would have loved to of heard the post Halo game talk and seen more of the training you guys did before the game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, I'm sold on Left 4 Dead. Gimme now.

The Darkness looks interesting, but (and this will sound WEIRD) a bit too "dark." Meaning, I couldn't see shit in the gameplay. Oh well, Ray Charles'd.

VASPER

Banned
MaX_PL said:
the humpday challenge proved how unbalanced halo is with smg start.

start me with BR and i'd take bungie or 1up on 1v4... and win.

cant wait for the AR and Halo 3 beta.

:lol :lol :lol :lol YEAH RIGHT:lol :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom