• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The NBA superstars nearly came to blows Monday night after Garnett incorporated the General Mills cereal in a fit of trash talking about reality TV-star La La Anthony.

“Your... wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios,” Garnett told Anthony in a heated Eastern Conference game at Madison Square Garden, according to the website Black Sports Online.

Garnett’s slight came off as offensive and tasteless to Melo, who is having marital problems, a source told the Daily News.

9bkrDU4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stoudemire told reporters Wednesday that "just having a defensive coach for the first time in my career is going to help.

"I've never been taught defense in my whole career, so to now have a coach that actually teaches defense and teaches strategies, and knows positioning and posture, how to guard different plays, it's going to be helpful. I'm going to take it as a challenge, and I'm going to accept the challenge and try to improve as a player."

"Anyway, a lot of times players will say things just to say things. I have a good relationship with him. He's a good guy and I hope him the best. You know, if he's learning, great. He needs it. That would be super."

"It just boggles the mind," D'Antoni said, shaking his head. "It just boggles the mind."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nets are not expected to retain P.J. Carlesimo unless the team reaches the Eastern Conference Finals, according to a source.

iGsuvwFFN1JoU.gif

2013 Brooklyn Nets: P.J. Carlesimo (12-2)

5tF12.png

so many easy wins ahead I'm feeling like the clippers!

zEoptzr.png

07WF2UF.png

TXKIk71.png

reilo

Woooow. Can't believe Melo let that slide.

Dude backpedaled like a motherfucker when Nate Robinson went after him. KG got bitchslapped upside the head by LaMarcus. Like KG and him would ever get into a fight lol.

reilo

...the fan is referring to his wife's pussy tasting like cereal.

Not sure I know anyone who would sign the box and snap a photo in that situation.

When Kobe raped a white girl, Konex said, and I quote:

Cloudy said:
That makes me like Kobe more. Who wouldn't do what he did?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Wolves have indicated to center Nikola Pekovic they have no intention of shopping him. But as someone close to Pekovic said, "What does that really mean?" For what it's worth, I'm told Pekovic wants to stay with the Wolves long-term.

Well, that's reassuring.

Next two games basically decide the season, mainly the OKC game on Sunday. It could be a confidence builder, could give them some swagger in prep for the 2nd half of the season, we'll see.

h3ro

So when is the preseason over for the lakers? seems unfair to let them have this many warm up games before the real season starts.

ohNOitsRO

been off the past few games though. I'd like to see him try and head to the rim more often though.

He has a nice pump fake that usually gets defenders off their feet, but he doesn't attack often when this happens.. Every time I see him actually go in its either in or a foul.. Hopefully he's just saving his body for the playoffs

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade compete in efficiency stats, take a sly dig at Kobe Bryant
Professional basketball players are often competitive to pathological levels, and not just toward opponents. Teammates can challenge each other, too, even as they strive toward the same goal of winning a game, making the playoffs, and taking on all comers to earn a title. Sometimes they just need to fight each other to see who can score the most points, or grab the most rebounds, or get the most invitations to fancy parties held by national magazines.
The basketball world now places less emphasis on pure counting stats, though, and that's changed the nature of this sort of competition. It's now not enough just to score more points than a teammate, because someone who gets 30 points on 25 shots hasn't really played as well as someone who gets 20 points on 12 shots. Efficiency matters.
Proving the point, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade recently revealed that they compete against each other to see who can shoot 50 percent from the field. From Ethan Skolnick for The Palm Beach Post (via EOB):
“It’s like a competition me and D-Wade are having right now about who can shoot 50 percent, in each and every game,” James said, when asked a couple of days later. “I had no idea, because I don’t know what’s going on throughout the game as far as stats. I came in after the game, I saw 9-for-19 [against the Bobcats in late December] and I missed that last long three, I felt I could have gotten into the lane and got a layup. I’ve got to make up for it.” [...]

“Early in my career, I didn’t take every shot as seriously as I do now, to be more efficient,” James said.
“It comes with age, it comes with experience. You know, when you’re an 18 year old rookie, or a 21-year-old, third year in the league, you can get away with a lot of mistakes, and not looking at numbers as much. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve been more efficient, taking care of the ball. I value possessions more.”
He also values competition, and he’s been in one with Wade. Wade is also shooting the highest percentage of his career, at 50.6, a fact that Erik Spoelstra noted Thursday while asserting that if Wade was shooting as much as he once did, he could still average 28 points.

“We’re both so conscious of wanting to shoot 50 percent, that sometimes you wish you had that Kobe (Bryant) thought, where you just don’t care,” Wade said. “We talk about it all the time. It sucks at times, but it’s who we are.”

I don't know if Kobe is going to take kindly to the suggestion that he doesn't care about his shooting percentages, but it's certainly true that James and Wade seem to have a better sense of what constitutes a good shot then their superstar compatriot in Los Angeles. As Skolnick notes, that's borne out by the stats — James is at 55 percent, Wade is at 51.2 percent, and both players have made more than half their field goal attempts in the majority of this season's games. It's a definite focus of their approach.
Loving the effiency from these two. Bosh is also shooting a career high FG%

Only line he's gonna be on is the one at the bank from all the Buss Jr monies.

I anticipate him being fired soon after the regular season ends. I'll be pretty letdown if he's at training campp for the 13/14 season, unless we're still waiting on Shopping Spree 2014.

PBY

Banned
From Brousssssard's Insider Article today (ty Lakersground)

-D'Antoni has the wrong personnel, needs to go despite $12M in guaranteed money. Give reins to Bickerstaff.

-Broussard thinks D'Antoni will eventually be fired so why prolong it? Says Mike Brown firing was rationalized the same way.

-"Sources" say players already tuning out D'Antoni. Kobe is the only one keeping the team from completely shutting him out.

-"Sources" say Dwight has mentioned privately that won't re-sign if D'Antoni is the coach.

-Goes through some high-level trade partners/scenarios for Dwight but concludes that keeping Dwight is the best solution. Even in his current down year, Dwight is still more productive than any active center.

-Says that Bickerstaff, albeit with a small sample size, would be the best option. May not make finals but would help team chemistry tremendously.

-Says realistically that Jimmy won't fire D'Antoni not only because of the money but because of pride. Won't admit to "colossal mistake."

Cloudy

Banned
Mutiny or not, you cannot fire 2 head coaches in one season and retain credibility as an organization.

What legitimate coach would accept that job in the near future if they did this?

reilo

From Brousssssard's Insider Article today (ty Lakersground)

-D'Antoni has the wrong personnel, needs to go despite $12M in guaranteed money. Give reins to Bickerstaff.

-Broussard thinks D'Antoni will eventually be fired so why prolong it? Says Mike Brown firing was rationalized the same way.

-"Sources" say players already tuning out D'Antoni. Kobe is the only one keeping the team from completely shutting him out.

-"Sources" say Dwight has mentioned privately that won't re-sign if D'Antoni is the coach.

-Goes through some high-level trade partners/scenarios for Dwight but concludes that keeping Dwight is the best solution. Even in his current down year, Dwight is still more productive than any active center.

-Says that Bickerstaff, albeit with a small sample size, would be the best option. May not make finals but would help team chemistry tremendously.

-Says realistically that Jimmy won't fire D'Antoni not only because of the money but because of pride. Won't admit to "colossal mistake."

Multiple turds.

lulz

"early in my career, when I didn't have the best player in the game playing beside me and had to be the 1st option offensively, I didn't care about efficiency, now that I have a top 10 PF and LeBron, I can be more efficient with my shots--tee hee, fuck kobe"

I'm pretty sure coaches actually want players who have athleticism and try hard so I'm not sure that this Laker team fits any coach's scheme.

The decisions Mike D is making have contributed to players not trying. Whether that's unprofessional is besides the point. The players don't give a shit about what Mike has to say anymore.

charsace

I'm pretty sure coaches actually want players who have athleticism and try hard so I'm not sure that this Laker team fits any coach's scheme.

This. People are ignoring that they are just a terrible defensive team. Especially on he perimeter.

And I give Dwight props though I wouldn't want him on the Knicks anymore. Him having that serious injury is not as bad as all the trolling he does. He's worse than Bynum by far and as crippled as Brokemare is he's a team player who does what the coach asks of him and tries to keep the locker room together. Dwight is just a fuckhead troll that the Lakers should ship out while they can to a team like the Wiz where he would be probably forced to resign.

This isn't on D'Antoni. The Knicks took years to quit on him and he got guys like Zack Randolph to buy into him.

lulz

"early in my career, when I didn't have the best player in the game playing beside me and had to be the 1st option offensively, I didn't care about efficiency, now that I have a top 10 PF and LeBron, I can be more efficient with my shots--tee hee, fuck kobe"

If only Kobe had some all stars to help him shoulder the load :/

Top Bottom