• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frawdder

Cookie, you still can't let that go :D. We should do that again sometime, was fun.

Edit: how about Friday night MP HP? Or sometime this weekend?

Omikron

There you go Fred, West Sydney team from next season in the A-League (incl W-League team I think!) and also 8 million in Fed Funding for the area for football.

Danoss

let me know when the next one is. I'd like to listen in, even if I can't play. ^^

I'm not in it, I play with friends in person fortnightly. I do like to stick my head in to their game sessions every so often though.

Kritz often streams the game table so you can see whats going on. There are always plenty of slots on the Mumble server to listen in too.

Jintor

I made a thing

4pXrX.jpg

Imgur's compressor is shitty

legend166

Just spent the last 30 minutes at work having one of those "oh man remember that movie" conversations with like 6 people.

There are two guys here who are males in their early 20s who have never seen the Star Wars OT or Indiana Jones.

smh

Yagharek

Just spent the last 30 minutes at work having one of those "oh man remember that movie" conversations with like 6 people.

There are two guys here who are males in their early 20s who have never seen the Star Wars OT or Indiana Jones.

smh

Star Wars OT or OOT (Original Original Trilogy)?

Save them the disappointment and let them know that the best film Harrison Ford has ever been in is Bladerunner.

.... unless you still have the old VHS tapes in which case you can at least show them.

Yagharek

I have a confession. I have only seen 1,2,4 and 6.

I'll leave now.

No need to see 5. 3 is debatable depending on which version you see.

I haven't seen Blade Runner or any Indiana Jones. Or any Rambo. Or Godfathers.

And I won't ever. AHAHAH

Bladerunner and Rambo (all 4, though 3 is laughable) are worth watching. IJ is another Lucas effort so YMMV. Personally I find Lucas' films to be irritating as per Spielberg's films, although for different reasons. Spielberg's tend to be too saccharine and patriotic/nationalistic, with a black and white view of the world.

So you missed out on the best movies in each trilogy. Lol

lol. There are no best movies in the second trilogy.

Controversy time:

Best (mainstream) film series with 3 or more entries:
1. Lord of the Rings
2. Alien
3. Rambo
4. Die Hard

I've made allowances for a maximum of one bad entry per series, and a minimum of three great ones.

jambo

I have a confession. I have only seen 1,2,4 and 6.

I'll leave now.

You... you haven't seen Empire?

I...

what...

you...

uhh...

I haven't seen Blade Runner or any Indiana Jones. Or any Rambo. Or Godfathers.

And I won't ever. AHAHAH

You're the only one who's losing out in this situation. You should definitely see Blade Runner, Rambo and at least Raiders and Last Crusade from Indy.

midonnay

my favourite star wars when I was a kid was the one with ewoks.....

and I never understood the meaning of "return of the jedi"

"wat didn't the jedi die in the first film?"

kids are stupid :/

Fun trivia: the term "Ewok" is never used in Return of the Jedi. It was only through marketing and promotion that the "species" was revealed.

(I could be wrong, though)

Deeku

I've definitely seen 1. Possibly 2.

The rest I don't really remember. Same situation as shan I guess, seeing bits and pieces here and there.

Someone did buy me that bluray collection set thing thinking I was a Star Wars fan though lol.

jambo

Fun trivia: the term "Ewok" is never used in Return of the Jedi. It was only through marketing and promotion that the "species" was revealed.

(I could be wrong, though)

You're right

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086190/trivia

Also

The primitive warrior tribe at the end of this film was originally supposed to be a tribe of Wookiees. In pre-production, though, the decision was made to go to short creatures with short fur rather than very tall creatures with longer fur and, hence, the Ewoks were created (Ewok may very well have been created by rearranging the sounds in the word "Wookiee").

It could have been... it could have been glorious.

Danoss

I'd be happy if the only Star Wars movies I ever saw were A New Hope followed by Empire Strikes Back, and then left it at that.

On RandomVince's criticisms of Lucas, he is a bit of a dickhead. He had to make Luke and Leia brother and sister, just like he almost made Indiana Jones a pedophile. Yes it's nice to have a flawed hero, because it's interesting and would be bland otherwise. Having things border on incest and pedophilia is going a bit far, what's wrong with you Lucas?

Anyone know where I could find a black Filco Ninja tenkeyless (brown switches) that delivers to Australia? AusPCMarket has had it listed as pre- order for months (now due June, maybe) and Amazon only has the black switches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom