• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choc everything you're posting sounds like you're spasming over the game as if its incredible. I mean I loved mass effect 1 and liked 2 but surely me3 doesn't deserve such praise?

markot

Banned
Generally I am over 'big' games in gaming, I cant trust reviews when the sites doing the reviews get their revenue from the companies that they are reviewing the products of.

http://www.eurogamer.net/

I mean, cmon. The entire site is branded by a game they just reviewed.

Shaneus

I read the RPS article on ME3. It still isn't selling me. I guess I don't like good games?

You know what would be cool, someone make a Peter F Hamilton series into a video game. That man does space opera.
You know who else does space opera? Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The RPS wot I think only had one major issue and that particular issue shouldn't be of a huge surprise. It did seem like he actually enjoyed most of it.

In a months time I guess there will be backlash over the game and however it ends. Like always.

3ch0p you totally have to hook me up with one of those new WoW scroll of resurrections. Free lvl 80, Will take a worgen priest kthnx.

Yagharek

Generally I am over 'big' games in gaming, I cant trust reviews when the sites doing the reviews get their revenue from the companies that they are reviewing the products of.

http://www.eurogamer.net/

I mean, cmon. The entire site is branded by a game they just reviewed.

Yeah its very hard to consider they might be impartial when the site is "decorated" like that.

Big game reviews are predictable now. I gave up on them roughly when halo 3 turned out to be shit. So much hype, so many high scores, so much disappointment.

ddf8fb08.jpg

Seen in ugg australia store in San Francisco. Ugg thongs.

I haven't posted much since we got here on saturday. There was a teensy earthquake on sunday night. Sounded like someone knocking over a drinks carts and so i went back to sleep.

Its cold and windy Gazunta-fre in SF. Im wearing the thermals i bought when we made the mistake of taking a holiday in Victoria in winter a few years back. This city seems to have more beggars than any ther place in the English speaking world

I may have to buy Mass Effect 3 from a Gamestop whilst i'm here. It would still be cheaper to get via the UK, though. Cant play it for two more weeks anyway so i might as well order from ozgameshop or similar. Unless its region free on 360.

Lots of peeps wearing their GDC pass in public. Thanks, but i already know you're nerds via other telltale means. GDC proper (for me) starts tomorrow where ill be sitting in on the audio talks, dropping off resumes at the career fair and avoiding talking to students.

*Did i mention there's no Gazunta here at all. Everywhere i go people are saying "where's Gazunta?" expect one french guy who said "who is zis gazunta?"

* may not have happened.

I went into a kitchen shop that was four stories tall. And stuff is sooooo much cheaper, even with tips and tax.

Choc

Banned
Jintor nah

the first 3 hours i thought was absolutely shit

but then SHIT GETS SERIOUS in a massive way and it all starts to come together

This city seems to have more beggars than any ther place in the English speaking world.
SF is the city with the highest homeless population in the US.

Make sure you go to Japantown to get a good Japanese knife -- I regret not getting one when I visited a couple of years back. There was a two-story place (ground level and a basement) on a corner that had some really good ones cheap.

Visit a Tacqueria in the Tenderloin. Best burrito I've ever had. Forget the name of the place, looked dodgy.

Jezabel

Job Interview for a Full time position At Dan Murphys tomorrow. hopefully i can get it and save up money for my european adventure and then to move out

Job Interview for a Full time position At Dan Murphys tomorrow. hopefully i can get it and save up money for my european adventure and then to move out
Do you know what Maraschino Cherries for are and where I can get them? Because the people at my local Dan Murphy's had no idea what they were when I asked last weekend.

I found them at a local deli (after buying them for twice as much as USA Foods as that's the only place I'd ever found them before).

Omikron

I just watched some of the I Am Alive quick look. That game intrigues me, I want to play it. It probably won't come out on PC.

:(

Jintor

Jintor nah

I will debate you on this when I get around to playing it, i.e. never

Is there any sneaky way to get it for cheaper than $90? US pricing or something?

Clipper

Just a reminder...

SydGAF 3: Board Games 2: Electric Boogaloo (or insert better title) is happening this Sunday from 10am onwards at my place again.

Bring your own snacks/drinks (and take them with you) as I'll be on the diet that day, but we can still head out for lunch and stuff in the middle.

Confirmed attendees are: Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk.

Anybody who is interested but doesn't know the details can contact me via PM.

Is that before or after I buy you the beer as thanks for the Windpad?

Anyway, was the shit. Awesome. Twisted, but fucking awesome. Die Antwoord made an appearance which made it even MORE awesome.
Before. Then we can have beers and be merry. If you are already holding a beer to pass to me when I arrive then the punch cannot be fullfilled and will be null and void. Beer removes all painful memories.

Also Die Antwoord DURING the set? Fuck that would have been awesome!

07/03/12 07:49 Onboard with driver :O

Also which user do I send the bill to if the Windpad ends up sucking >_<?
Your mum because she totally told me it was an awesome deal.

Worst case scenario: sell it on to some sucker for profit.

played me3 until 1am

Wow, just wow

There are some epic, epic moments also
TRUCKING BLUCKING SPOILERS CHOC! NOW I KNOW THAT IT IS STILL VIEWABLE AT 1AM!

You might be able to pick it up early via origin if you wanted it on PC, otherwise Local release is tomorrow.
No dice for me, have to wait until midnight tonight for the unlock I am pretty sure. Hard to tell with that pos system.

edit: heres why IGN gave it such a high score

you can romance Chobot who voices a character in the game. NERDGASM
She looks creepy in game, unsettling creepy. Very do not want. IRL she looks nice enough. Also this kind of in game tie in is fucking concerning. What next, have every major publication have an employee in Dragon Age 3 to bring in the 9/10's?

I read the RPS article on ME3. It still isn't selling me. I guess I don't like good games?

You know what would be cool, someone make a Peter F Hamilton series into a video game. That man does space opera.
Loved the Wing Commander games for their awesome space opera.

I will be playing ME3 as if it is slightly interactive fiction. It will be a nice hollywood blockbuster movie with well directed action and hamfisted dialogue. The demo had some terrible lines already. Looks great though!

Jintor nah

OH FOR MR SQUIGGLES SAKE! SPOILERS MAN SPOILERS!

Do you know what Maraschino Cherries for are and where I can get them? Because the people at my local Dan Murphy's had no idea what they were when I asked last weekend.

I found them at a local deli (after buying them for twice as much as USA Foods as that's the only place I'd ever found them before).
I'm sure I picked some up from an IGA a few years back

I just watched some of the I Am Alive quick look. That game intrigues me, I want to play it. It probably won't come out on PC.

:(
They already said they won't be developing a PC version because WE ARE ALL ZE DIRTY FECKING PIRATES AND WE HATE THEM AND WANT THEM TO BE HOMELESS apparently.

I'm sure I picked some up from an IGA a few years back
Everywhere I checked stocks Morello, but not Maraschino. Least I've found them at a local deli, but if IGA stores have them they might be even cheaper. I need a constant supply of Maraschino so I can sip Old Fashioneds like a boss.

Oh no his interpreter didnt show up. Its a really quiet class. Iv not talked to anyone really but they dont seem to be talking to each other. Lunch time will be interesting.

Jintor

Time to start learning sign language

ME3 wasn't a buy at $90, but for $47 I'm alright with it. Thanks for the link fred.

Jintor

I know I decry cheap-as-chips apps but goddamnit I'm not made of stone. 50c for a Kairosoft game is a bargain no matter which way you slice it.

Fuck I'd love to interview those guys.

The launch of Google Play means a heap of cheap Android stuff. I also didn't know they had a different app and book for 25c every day, today is a pretty cool one called Where's My Water?

49c apps! Includes Pocket League Story, Business Calender (Google synced), Endmondo PRO, some cool camera apps, plus more!

I got excited because I thought it meant Music purchases might have been launched in Australia finally! But they're not. I'm stuck with the free music I got in the beta.

Also even more disappointed now that the Humble Bundle Android games weren't redeemable on the Android Market, it would be nice to see those games I bought in the bundle are 'purchased' on there today.

Stackboy

I haven't posted much since we got here on saturday. There was a teensy earthquake on sunday night. Sounded like someone knocking over a drinks carts and so i went back to sleep.

I'm heading to San Francisco in April post PAX East, so any tips on where to eat and what to do would be really appreciated.

Been getting crazy smashed at work, so haven't been able to celebrate the new thread. BUT NOW YAY NEW THREAD!

SSX has been taking up all my game time. If the commuity sticks by it, I can see myself playing for at least a year.

I bought a kinect at the start of the year, but I don't have enough room in my manny flat to play.

Damn it, either my Saturn Action Replay has shit itself or the Saturn with the Action Replay in it has. Guess it's time to start looking for a more cartridge slot friendly import-running alternative to put in my other system.

I bought a kinect at the start of the year, but I don't have enough room in my manny flat to play.
Same here, even swapped couches and they will need to be moved to corners to get enough room :(

Also even more disappointed now that the Humble Bundle Android games weren't redeemable on the Android Market, it would be nice to see those games I bought in the bundle are 'purchased' on there today.
Bit of a few bugs with the new setup, several apps I own and have installed come up with the price tag even though I can still go in and redownload them so I think there is still a bit of debugging to do for the transaction side since it only just changed over.

49c apps! Wooo.

(bastard)
Already spent $5 woo! New calender is fuckawesome. Works visually a lot better than the standard one and still syncs with Google Calender perfectly. Also the camera apps are FANTASTIC. Will get a lot of use out of them.

midonnay

its strange how I get sick the same time every year :/

1 or 2 days of headache/fever than a week or two of smoker's cough/bronchitis

Bit of a few bugs with the new setup, several apps I own and have installed come up with the price tag even though I can still go in and redownload them so I think there is still a bit of debugging to do for the transaction side since it only just changed over..

I don't think the bundle apps were redeemable at all on the Android Market, or if they are it wasn't possible when I bought the bundle.

Best picture to go with an article ever: http://www.abc.net.au/technology/articles/2012/03/07/3447330.htm

New calender is fuckawesome.
It looks almost exactly the same as the ICS calendar to me...

3ch0p you totally have to hook me up with one of those new WoW scroll of resurrections. Free lvl 80, Will take a worgen priest kthnx.
That's fairly cool. Good incentive for older players since their mates would be 80 by now.

PC version? It's ~$47 at Gamersgate UK: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ME3UK/mass-effect-3-uk

Free DA:O!

God damn I wish I had money right now. :(

The launch of Google Play means a heap of cheap Android stuff. I also didn't know they had a different app and book for 25c every day, today is a pretty cool one called Where's My Water?

49c apps! Includes Pocket League Story, Business Calender (Google synced), Endmondo PRO, some cool camera apps, plus more!

Bought "They Need To Be Fed" and tried buying Pocket League Story but says my card was declined (checked, it has enough money) then I tried again and it says it can't verify if the app is compatible with my phone? Wat.

edit: bought where's my water and it worked fine.. i wonder if it's a kairosoft bank issue.

I don't think the bundle apps were redeemable at all on the Android Market, or if they are it wasn't possible when I bought the bundle.

It looks almost exactly the same as the ICS calendar to me...
Oh yeah I forgot, the Indie bundle is DRM free so it didn't allow integration with the Market app.

I have been using the same calendar app that came with the phone so it is a big step up. No idea when ICS is coming to my phone.

EDIT: The Jester has always been entertaining with the whole Anon stuff. Don't agree with him on some stuff but he was less douchey than the other hackers.

bought where's my water and it worked fine.. i wonder if it's a kairosoft bank issue.
Try downloading from a browser, or if that isn't working try on your phone. Went through fine for me.

Omikron

Oh yeah I forgot, the Indie bundle is DRM free so it didn't allow integration with the Market app.

I have been using the same calendar app that came with the phone so it is a big step up. No idea when ICS is coming to my phone.

Try downloading from a browser, or if that isn't working try on your phone. Went through fine for me.

Galaxy S2?

Sometime this year, whenever Voda get around to putting it through their customisation for me. :p

hehe i'd play that. his book make me so mad but i still read them, go figure.

Sometime this year, whenever Voda get around to putting it through their customisation for me. :p

Waiting on Optus over here. Might even just stop in at the Optus shop and ask them what the plan is.

Ahh, so nice to have updates coming direct
from Samsung... I could reflash to get updates from Google but they're not coming out frequently enough that I can be bothered
with the Galaxy Nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom