• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Why would she turn into a nun? That's not the "same" Celica

Because that one is ultimately the Comedy Astral (see: Hakumen, Platinum) and while the obvious thing is a "kid" Celica, going back in time to the childhood of the other characters would be around the time original Celica was a nun, so
emot-v.gif

Ohnonono

Do they mess around with characters that have been around that much? I have been learning Noel mainly with others on the side. Noel seems at least average in most versions of the game from what I understand so I guess there is not too much to worry about. Bullet getting buffs sound great but unless they help me gain some momentum early with her they wont solve my issues. It is pretty hard to get in with her with no heat (in my crappy playing bad at fighting games experience.)

Do they mess around with characters that have been around that much? I have been learning Noel mainly with others on the side. Noel seems at least average in most versions of the game from what I understand so I guess there is not too much to worry about. Bullet getting buffs sound great but unless they help me gain some momentum early with her they wont solve my issues. It is pretty hard to get in with her with no heat (in my crappy playing bad at fighting games experience.)

Yes, all the time. Noel didn't have the shotgun until CP, nor that weird air shotgun thing (j.2C?).

Hakumen gained the projectile black hole thing sometime in CS, I believe. Jin learned Hakumen's super. Arakune used to be able to curse with one D button (also lost it as soon as he got hit).

Their main gameplan doesn't change that much but the combos get reworked as well as many of the moves.

Ohnonono

Yes, all the time. Noel didn't have the shotgun until CP, nor that weird air shotgun thing (j.2C?).

Hakumen gained the projectile black hole thing sometime in CS, I believe. Jin learned Hakumen's super. Arakune used to be able to curse with one D button (also lost it as soon as he got hit).

Their main gameplan doesn't change that much but the combos get reworked as well as many of the moves.

Huh. I hope that this ends up being more fun than annoying then :D. It's not like I am going to tournies or even really playing at anything close to a high level so maybe for me it just keeps it interesting. It takes me so long to learn a decent combo though that if I lose it I will cry!

Also, I actually went through the Tutorial mode for the trophy and it actually really seemed to have some decent info in it. I still suck at air combos, but the advice it gives to NEVER HOLD UP after you jump was a fucking game changer as far as my movement and control is concerned.

Ohnonono

This is gonna sound like the dumbest way to describe a combo ever but does anyone know or have a link that shows Azrael's corner combo where he just kicks the opponent over and over. It looks rad and thus I want to give it a shot. Also, doing way better with Azrael online. I think its just because his short combos do so much frigging damage that it allows me to keep up with people working harder with the characters with harder BnB stuff.

cj_iwakura

This is gonna sound like the dumbest way to describe a combo ever but does anyone know or have a link that shows Azrael's corner combo where he just kicks the opponent over and over. It looks rad and thus I want to give it a shot. Also, doing way better with Azrael online. I think its just because his short combos do so much frigging damage that it allows me to keep up with people working harder with the characters with harder BnB stuff.

It was in the Evo finals, most hyped moment during those matches.

It needs the upper body weakpoint applied, then use 236D. Once you hit the opponent, press 6 and you'll start flying. Once you do, press 5C, 6, 5C, 6, etc. You can dash up to 4 or 5 times. You want to finish the combo by reapplying a weakpoint (ie: 3C, 6A, 5D).

You can also do it midscreen, it's not corner only.

Ohnonono

It needs the upper body weakpoint applied, then use 236D. Once you hit the opponent, press 6 and you'll start flying. Once you do, press 5C, 6, 5C, 6, etc. You can dash up to 4 or 5 times. You want to finish the combo by reapplying a weakpoint (ie: 3C, 6A, 5D).

You can also do it midscreen, it's not corner only.

Thank you based Prototype.

Kikirin

It's sub-optimal, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLmUGgmN_kc#t=288

Assuming that it's still in 1.1, you can try it out on Azrael's Challenge Mode #22 to get a taste of doing the Valiant jacket kick combos. It requires an Upper Weakpoint applied, and common ways to go into it include:

• Throw > Valiant > kicks
  • ... > 3c > 22c (> 5b) > Tiger > Cobra > Valiant > kicks
  • ... > 2c > 2b > Tiger > Cobra > Valiant > kicks (character-specific)
  • ... > 2c > 3d (> 5b) > Tiger > Cobra > Valiant > kicks (also requires Lower Weakpoint)

You can get a more-thorough breakdown here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5842-cp-azrael-combo-thread/

While the thread was made on 1.0 stuff, a lot of Az's stuff carried over to 1.1.

Ohnonono

It's sub-optimal, but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLmUGgmN_kc#t=288

Assuming that it's still in 1.1, you can try it out on Azrael's Challenge Mode #22 to get a taste of doing the Valiant jacket kick combos. It requires an Upper Weakpoint applied, and common ways to go into it include:

• Throw > Valiant > kicks
  • ... > 3c > 22c (> 5b) > Tiger > Cobra > Valiant > kicks
  • ... > 2c > 2b > Tiger > Cobra > Valiant > kicks (character-specific)
  • ... > 2c > 3d (> 5b) > Tiger > Cobra > Valiant > kicks (also requires Lower Weakpoint)

You can get a more-thorough breakdown here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5842-cp-azrael-combo-thread/

While the thread was made on 1.0 stuff, a lot of Az's stuff carried over to 1.1.

Oh rad! I will hit up that challenge. I usually fall off those on most characters in the mid teens so I don't usually get into the 20's :D

Oh rad! I will hit up that challenge. I usually fall off those on most characters in the mid teens so I don't usually get into the 20's :D

Kikirin's stuff is better. You usually want to combo into it. The only one that I really know (and haven't really pulled it off in a real match) is: 3C > 22C > 5B > 236C > 46C > 236D > etc.

One disclaimer about my "ending in weakpoint"... if you have the meter AND can finish the opponent, end the combo with BHS (236236D).

Ohnonono

Kikirin's stuff is better. You usually want to combo into it. The only one that I really know (and haven't really pulled it off in a real match) is: 3C > 22C > 5B > 236C > 46C > 236D > etc.

One disclaimer about my "ending in weakpoint"... if you have the meter AND can finish the opponent, end the combo with BHS (236236D).

Got ya! Thanks for the advice. Y'all are a helpful bunch.

vg260

Sony just posted this game is on sale for $19.59 (w/ plus) tomorrow.

I'm tempted to pick it up, but has there been any word if the new arcade updates will comes as a whole new console version or a patch to the existing game?

Sony just posted this game is on sale for $19.59 (w/ plus) tomorrow.

I'm tempted to pick it up, but has there been any word if the new arcade updates will comes as a whole new console version or a patch to the existing game?

Unfortunately, no one knows (a lot of people are speculating that it's going to be a patch). Either way, at that price though, I'd pick it up.

Alright so it seems I've got a feel for Jin. Very beginner level feel, but I'm comfortable with him.

I'm resisting the urge to use Noel because she is simple and don't want people to insta-kick me like in the other games when people would choose her.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Alright so it seems I've got a feel for Jin. Very beginner level feel, but I'm comfortable with him.

I'm resisting the urge to use Noel because she is simple and don't want people to insta-kick me like in the other games when people would choose her.

Noel actually has a pretty strict combo for her bnb if I remember right. Only bad players kick Noel players.

If you're around then GGs last night SolarPowered. Crazy how long we were playing but the hours just rolled on by and it was a serious treat to see you adapt to and figure out some of my shenanigans. When your Bang got warmed up the matches really got interesting. Did you just pick up the game? You were a white block rank before we played but that Bang pressure was serious stuff, especially loved the use of D nails to cover your approach. I don't think I've ever teched more throws in a single set in my entire life and you were absolutely fearless with how you reacted to gadget finger shenanigans.

If you're around then GGs last night SolarPowered. Crazy how long we were playing but the hours just rolled on by and it was a serious treat to see you adapt to and figure out some of my shenanigans. When your Bang got warmed up the matches really got interesting. Did you just pick up the game? You were a white block rank before we played but that Bang pressure was serious stuff, especially loved the use of D nails to cover your approach. I don't think I've ever teched more throws in a single set in my entire life and you were absolutely fearless with how you reacted to gadget finger shenanigans.
GG and thanks

I've put as many hours into the BB series as I have into both MvC3 games. It just so happens that I spent most of my peak years on CS where interaction with gaffers was at a minimum. Last night was first time I'd played BB in years. Game needs freaking rematch options really really bad.

If you watch the EVO top 8 you'll hear Dacidbro call Bang a "courage character". You can't be afraid to take risks with Bang. That said... fuck, they made it much harder to follow up j.D with web nail. Would have completed a lot more combos if it weren't for that. Tager has also always been one of my worst matchups lol. All of that health makes me super weary of approaching him. Gadget finger has only made him scarier.

Tried Amane since he looked interesting in videos, but I don't think I can work with that guy. Came back to Tsubaki and her damage is just all over the place. One second you can get a super easy 3k off grab and the next you are struggling to get 2.8k off combos comprised solely of b and c buttons paired with decent specials. She really needs those charged bars.

GG and thanks

I've put as many hours into the BB series as I have into both MvC3 games. It just so happens that I spent most of my peak years on CS where interaction with gaffers was at a minimum. Last night was first time I'd played BB in years. Game needs freaking rematch options really really bad.

If you watch the EVO top 8 you'll hear Dacidbro call Bang a "courage character". You can't be afraid to take risks with Bang. That said... fuck, they made it much harder to follow up j.D with web nail. Would have completed a lot more combos if it weren't for that. Tager has also always been one of my worst matchups lol. All of that health makes me super weary of approaching him. Gadget finger has only made him scarier.

Tried Amane since he looked interesting in videos, but I don't think I can work with that guy. Came back to Tsubaki and her damage is just all over the place. One second you can get a super easy 3k off grab and the next you are struggling to get 2.8k off combos comprised solely of b and c buttons paired with decent specials. She really needs those charged bars.

My number one requested feature in future fighting games.

I dislike anything that slows me down from getting into the next game.

Had all my confidence shattered last night. Went up against a Platinum who kept catching me and everyone else in the lobby I was in in these ridiculous loops.

I am a beginner in the lowest sense of the word. I can't really explain the combo but suffice to say there was a lot of bubble and even after being hit by his tornado dd at the end it still wasn't over like I remember it being in the last game.

RoeBear

I am a beginner in the lowest sense of the word. I can't really explain the combo but suffice to say there was a lot of bubble and even after being hit by his tornado dd at the end it still wasn't over like I remember it being in the last game.
Yeah bubbles are annoying.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Block bubbles, you can destroy them with attacks too.

ApolloJoh

Dunno if this is the issue you had with the bubble but if you tech and the bubble's on top of you, you have to block it pretty much.

'Least that's what I got from my experiences with trying to wake-up DP with Ragna or something lol

Haven't fought too many Platinums but I think they can use the bubble at the end of combos for setups/resets too.

Ideally you move out of the way of bubbles.

If you have to throwing out a move to pop it should be your next option.

Blocking should be your last resort, because blocking is what your opponent wants you to do.

Rhapsody

Banned
Dunno if this is the issue you had with the bubble but if you tech and the bubble's on top of you, you have to block it pretty much.

'Least that's what I got from my experiences with trying to wake-up DP with Ragna or something lol

Haven't fought too many Platinums but I think they can use the bubble at the end of combos for setups/resets too.
Yup, 214B/214C oki in the corner. Lots of fun stuff she can do afterwards.

Off of a safe distance away, bubble can be nice in neutral on some matchups. Even better that bubble starters give a full combo in this game compared to past BB. Also good Platinum players will space themselves near bubbles in order to react to what opponents will do. They'll get ready to whiff punish you (if they decide to pop it), start a mixup if you down back, or just try to gain real estate if you retreat.

Heh, nah, I just need a few matches against him where I can sit back and try to figure shit out as opposed to getting frustrated and blowing myself up.

RoeBear

Heh, nah, I just need a few matches against him where I can sit back and try to figure shit out as opposed to getting frustrated and blowing myself up.

Yeah I understand. It's harder to get frustrated with someone you know even if it's just over the internet. I'm available now if you want.

Lol just checked my matches played. 4,780. Still a scrub.

Yeah, gimme like 10 minutes.

ggs, Roe. I think I'm going to start using Bullet against puppet characters. The "get off me" button is better than anything Bang offers in that matchup. And yo, fuck Nu v. Hazama. That's the most stressful match ever.

RoeBear

2/3 weeks off so many problems. Lost three huge chances by not teching when I had no health left. Can't understand Bullet's DP/command grab to save my life. Plus can't block Bullet at all. I had fun but you saw my problems and kept exploiting them :(

GGs though, It was nice to play this again. I have no fun with UNIEL, so I'm glad this is still fun.

Lol yeah that "get off me button" was blowing my safe jumps up. :(

Rhapsody

Banned
2/3 weeks off so many problems. Lost three huge chances by not teching when I had no health left. Can't understand Bullet's DP/command grab to save my life. Plus can't block Bullet at all. I had fun but you saw my problems and kept exploiting them :(

GGs though, It was nice to play this again. I have no fun with UNIEL, so I'm glad this is still fun.

Lol yeah that "get off me button" was blowing my safe jumps up. :(

Bullet's DP is awful. No one really uses it. The only true ground grab Bullet has is her super.

Miquelet Capture is also a ground grab but it doesn't grab crouchers.

Bullet's DP has very weak vertical coverage, so if you jump on my wakeup while using one of Nirvana's forward hitboxes or bait it with a double jump she's pretty much screwed.

The 720 I only go for when I have 2 levels, as it's useless otherwise. She can buffer it out of 2B since it's not jump cancellable, and it's the start of her normal blockstring, 2B-5B-5C. That's airtight, though, so if you see me do a 2B and hold upback, you'll either block the string or you'll jump the 720.

For her up-close mixups the button you have to watch out for is 5B. she can cancel it into her overhead, use 5C to end her string safely and jump cancel it for her crossup drive shenanigans. It's hard to deal with online, but if you can train yourself to watch for and react to 5B-6A it drops her mixup potential considerably.

RoeBear

Thanks for the tips. Yeah the cross up drives hit me every time. Couldn't react to them at all today. Tried to get you in sandwich shenanigans but you were too smart :)

Top Bottom