• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Hitstop has been lessened and combos are intended to be shorter/faster.
Just holding A can be used to tech.

Without question these are my favorite changes to the core mechanics of the game. Sign me up to Shorter combos and not having to mash barrier in combos in order to get out. My only issue is going to be adjusting to Arc Sys style airdashes with their weird momentum properties and the fact that I can't use 2 Attack Buttons as an airdash macro. Probably the only traditional fighting game series where I'm probably more comfortable on pad as a result.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'll be importing and getting back into BlazBlue after...I can't even remember now, LOL. I think the last time I played a BB game was early 2012.

Been watching the shitty anime and am looking forward to getting destroyed by the usual crew again!

Almost every company in the console business can manage releasing in more than one language/region at once.

ASW? Nooooooooo.

And EU folks are going to be in for the joy of good old fashioned Zen United incompetence.

If I'm lucky I should be playing by sometime late next week.

In the meantime I'll be finishing Tales of Vesperia and brushing up on my Noel some more with Extend (I know combo's and everything are different but just so I don't lose the edge I've built up with the stick).

We should get some tournaments going sometime in the future.

Almost every company in the console business can manage releasing in more than one language/region at once.

ASW? Nooooooooo.

And EU folks are going to be in for the joy of good old fashioned Zen United incompetence.

I feel like ASW is only halfheartedly committed to the console business at any given time and with a delay of a year+ usually between Japanese arcade releases and eventual console releases and their habit of announcing their next big arcade title weeks before the release of any console title (Extend -> P4A -> Chrono Phantasma -> Xrd) I think they're pretty content with their Arcade releases being the core of their business model.

I am upset they put Kokonoe as a fighting character, ASW just conceded to fanservice.

Failing to see the problem with this.

Because fighting does not fit her style, for that reason she has Tager to do the work for her.

Well if Tager's not getting shit done why shouldn't the daughter of 2 of the 6 heroes take matters into her own paws :v

Besides, giant mecha Tager summon justifies her playable existence.

Onemic

If I'm lucky I should be playing by sometime late next week.

In the meantime I'll be finishing Tales of Vesperia and brushing up on my Noel some more with Extend (I know combo's and everything are different but just so I don't lose the edge I've built up with the stick).

We should get some tournaments going sometime in the future.

I got mine to ship with Fedex which is the fastest and supposed to be 1-3 business days, but I'm gonna guess it's going to err closer to 3 instead. With BBCP coming out next Thursday, I'm gonna assume I'll probably get my copy the following Tuesday.

Naite

Importing mine from Play-asia thru Fedex.

Maining: Azrael, Bang
Possibly dropping: Hakumen
Want to try out: Kagura, Relius, Izayoi, Bullet
Have a pocket character of but will probably just suck ass with: Makoto, Mu

The Slayer in me really wants to try out Azrael. Gotta have my Mappa and teleport dashes. If only his Black Hawk Stinger was more like Dead on Time, I'd be set. I'm kinda worried he might end up like CS1 Bang in terms of usage.

Will be maining Hazama and Azrael, after playing Extend Hazama and was completely underwhelmed by his damage compared to CS, I watched some CP Hazama and is blown away by how much better he got. 3k combos off practically anything, and that j.C...christ that j.C

Astarte

I really want to play some Amane. This coming from a Bridget main isn't surprising, which is why I'm picking up a pocket relius.

Rhapsody

Banned
I got mine to ship with Fedex which is the fastest and supposed to be 1-3 business days, but I'm gonna guess it's going to err closer to 3 instead. With BBCP coming out next Thursday, I'm gonna assume I'll probably get my copy the following Tuesday.
Usually PA will ship early to get it there on time. I've gotten stuff like Melty on release day with FedEx.

And while I like Azrael, kinda scared that so many people want to use him. He's the type of character where people will mash buttons for no reason at the weirdest times like online Bangs.

I have 1-3 day shipping too. If they ship it early it's possible I could get it before the weekend.

If not then I'm looking at a looong weekend.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Typically with Fedex shipping, you will get the game on the day of release, I.E. Thursday, 10/24. The only game I've purchased recently where this did not happen was JoJo's ASB, and I order from P-A quite a bit. Wish there was a Vita port with crossplay; I love that feature in SFxTK.

FluxWaveZ

Only time I ever imported a game was with P4A from Play-Asia and I got it a day early, so hoping to receive BB:CP early as well.

Leaning towards maining Terumi because he's new and he's evil.

Friend ordered two copies because of different preorder bonuses and is willing to sell me one of them. Really looking forward to this, especially since I dropped off BB after CS2 came out.

Fugu

Will be maining Hazama and Azrael, after playing Extend Hazama and was completely underwhelmed by his damage compared to CS, I watched some CP Hazama and is blown away by how much better he got. 3k combos off practically anything, and that j.C...christ that j.C
Are you kidding me? Hazama had some of the best damage output in CSEX. He gets 3k midscreen without meter off of most hits and gets staggering damage in the corner. He also builds meter faster than... well, basically anyone and can do Jayoku for at least an additional 3k in every combo. Hazama is probably the only character that regularly sees 4k+ midscreen combos in CSEX.

This is like me complaining that Litchi no longer gets 6k off of 2C[m]. You went from ridiculous damage output to very high damage output.

Is anyone really excited to see the character colors before the fight? No more ugly colors for a match.

Terumi looks interesting -- Might have to try him out. Still gonna be sticking with Rachel though. She looks like she's back in top tier.

Rhapsody

Banned
Are you kidding me? Hazama had some of the best damage output in CSEX. He gets 3k midscreen without meter off of most hits and gets staggering damage in the corner. He also builds meter faster than... well, basically anyone and can do Jayoku for at least an additional 3k in every combo. Hazama is probably the only character that regularly sees 4k+ midscreen combos in CSEX.

This is like me complaining that Litchi no longer gets 6k off of 2C[m]. You went from ridiculous damage output to very high damage output.

While I do agree his damage was really high for Extend, EX Hazama shouldn't be getting 3k meterless midscreen off of most starters on standing/crouching opponents.
He only gets that much of Zaneiga or grab starters.

If you're including AA or air conversions, then yeah, he gets good damage midscreen meterless.

Fugu

I'm including air, considering ninety percent of hits hits happen in the air (made-up accurate statistic).

Onemic

Importing mine from Play-asia thru Fedex.

Maining: Azrael, Bang
Want to try out: Kagura, Relius, Izayoi, Bullet
Have a pocket character of but will probably just suck ass with: Makoto, Mu

The Slayer in me really wants to try out Azrael. Gotta have my Mappa and teleport dashes. If only his Black Hawk Stinger was more like Dead on Time, I'd be set. I'm kinda worried he might end up like CS1 Bang in terms of usage.

You and me both :p

Main: Izayoi, Azrael
Trying out: Kagura, Jin

Jin looks very interesting in bbcp. Maybe I just didn't notice him before due to Extends shittyness.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm including air, considering ninety percent of hits hits happen in the air (made-up accurate statistic).
That clears it up lol. Should've figured since I doubt you would've made an outrageous claim for a standing BnB.
You and me both :p

Main: Izayoi, Azrael
Trying out: Kagura, Jin

Jin looks very interesting in bbcp. Maybe I just didn't notice him before due to Extends shittyness.

So many Azraels. Definitely going to learn this matchup. I don't want to
be salty
eat damage from just buttons.

And since others are doing it

Main: Rachel
Possible new and old subs: Kagura, Kokonoe, Ragna, Nu

I'll probably pull a P4A and end up labbing with everyone to know the ins and outs of matchups.
A lot of who I might use will change once I get my hands on the game though.

Lokbob

Bullet can hold her ground, just has to relay on gimmicks and her good damage output.

I hope we get a balance patch after the new console characters hit the arcade though. Fix that stupid Hakumen OD damage.

TreIII

I feel like ASW is only halfheartedly committed to the console business at any given time and with a delay of a year+ usually between Japanese arcade releases and eventual console releases and their habit of announcing their next big arcade title weeks before the release of any console title (Extend -> P4A -> Chrono Phantasma -> Xrd) I think they're pretty content with their Arcade releases being the core of their business model.

Maybe so, but I'm hoping the fact that the XRD PS3/PS4 ports being announced for 2014 (which points to that the console port wait won't be nearly as long as usual) already is indicative that this trend is going to change somewhat. Or rather, that they stick with it.

The best thing that Arc could do to help promote their own fighting game franchises abroad would be to have timely releases so that Western fans can start playing their games sooner. After all, who wants to wait 12+ months while Japan gets to hog a game all to themselves?

I'm seriously hoping BB:CP be hopefully the last instance of this type of thing going forward. Atlus will likely ensure the P4U update will be ported in a timely fashion, so all eyes should be on Arc to see if XRD will indeed be the start of a "new deal".

Bullet can hold her ground, just has to relay on gimmicks and her good damage output.

I hope we get a balance patch after the new console characters hit the arcade though. Fix that stupid Hakumen OD damage.

I don't have the link at the moment but I saw a Ragna beat a Hakumen down to practically no life, then the hakumen threw him into the corner, ODed and then took him down in one combo from 100% life.

Top Bottom