• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Onemic

First time I'll be importing a game.

Same here. Hopefully you guys are right with PA shipping before the game releases so I get it the day of release or even earlier.

That clears it up lol. Should've figured since I doubt you would've made an outrageous claim for a standing BnB.

So many Azraels. Definitely going to learn this matchup. I don't want to
be salty
eat damage from just buttons.

And since others are doing it

Main: Rachel
Possible new and old subs: Kagura, Kokonoe, Ragna, Nu

I'll probably pull a P4A and end up labbing with everyone to know the ins and outs of matchups.
A lot of who I might use will change once I get my hands on the game though.

Well Azrael will probably be a sub, I'm going all in with Izayoi.

I'd so continue playing Hakumen as well, especially due to his increased scariness the lower the life he has, but Izayoi, Azrael, and Kagura would already be plenty for me to mess around with.

Kumubou

I'll be importing this on PSN; managed to grab 7000y of PSN points for $80 from a friend in Japan so I'm set. I don't get why the release of this game is delayed by so much in the US; Aksys was pretty good about having near-parity with the US and JP releases with the previous releases. Never mind anyone who wants to play the game at a tournament level, they almost have to import (4+ months is a lot of time to give up).

I know Hakumen is a high damage character but can anyone else do 100% combo's like he can with OD? If not I imagine he'll be patched eventually.
I doubt it will be patched until the next major revision (maybe they end up releasing a BBCP2 to bring the AC version to character parity with the CS release); I can't think of a single Japanese FG developer who patches games mid-lifecycle like that. (If the game just came out? Maybe.)

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't have the link at the moment but I saw a Ragna beat a Hakumen down to practically no life, then the hakumen threw him into the corner, ODed and then took him down in one combo from 100% life.

Scary how it's possible he might not even be top 5. A lot of the top characters are looking pretty good.

Noi

Huh. It's weird actually seeing a video game related ad on GAF that isn't for a cheap flash game, let alone one for this.

ZYOpJPV.png

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So what's the cheapest way to acquire this game? Assuming I will never buy another game from Japanese PSN store.

So what's the cheapest way to acquire this game? Assuming I will never buy another game from Japanese PSN store.

the literal cheapest way is have a Japan credit card and charge the exact amount
assuming that is not an option, you'll have to buy points from play-asia or japan-codes :/

Kuugrr

Yesssssssssssss. So pumped for this game. First time importing anything, in fact. Hoping this'll finally be the game I learn and stick with long enough to actually play with FGC GAF.

KOKONOE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RoeBear

This is my first imported game as well. I wonder how this will effect the NA sales of the game when it finally gets released.

The arcade style lobbies are going to be so awesome!!!!!!

7 more days. Next week can't come soon enough.

If you guys are looking for information on the characters you want to play then take a look at the character forums on dustloop.

Has a lot of useful things like combo's, videos, character/matchup specific info and things like that.

Not followed BlazBlu in a while but want to pick this up when it hits the US.

I like easy to play characters, especially zoners and annoying ones. Who's for me?

I like easy to play characters, especially zoners and annoying ones. Who's for me?

For zoners there's Rachel, Nu-13, Mu-12.

A good Taokaka is somewhat annoying to play against.

Speaking of Tao I might make her my sub. First I need to try out all the other characters once I get the game first though.

Rhapsody

Banned

Mu or Lambda are ones that best fit your description. There aren't that many zoners in BB, and each zoner do have pressure/rushdown capability.
Mu's easier since Lambda has mode changes that changes various things which affects combos and neutral game.

Onemic

Hakumen has a Baiken colour too? hnngggggg

This will actually impact my sub choice substantially now. Hakumen or Azrael.....

cj_iwakura

Preordered. Let's see if this takes as long as Catherine did... (Imported it day 1, took like a week and a half of agony to receive.)

Onemic

Trying to finally get through BB's story before CP comes out. I took a look at the story menu in Extend and saw that you can start at Calamity Trigger. Does this start at the beginning of the story or after? I played the intro movie it provided and it was so damn confusing...I don't know if it was done purposefully or if there's a part of the story that's already been told...

Fugu

Give Lambda a shot. She has a lot of tools and is probably the easiest zoner to play in BB.

EDIT: Are we calling her Nu again? I don't know how the plot works.

7 more days. Next week can't come soon enough.

If you guys are looking for information on the characters you want to play then take a look at the character forums on dustloop.

Has a lot of useful things like combo's, videos, character/matchup specific info and things like that.
Dustloop is lovely until you want to have a conversation or learn anything past the very basics of the game for most characters.

I would argue that the failure of Dustloop to provide an environment conducive to discourse and analysis is the reason that the English speaking world is so bad at BlazBlue.

Give Lambda a shot. She has a lot of tools and is probably the easiest zoner to play in BB.

Dustloop is lovely until you want to have a conversation or learn anything past the very basics of the game for most characters.

I would argue that the failure of Dustloop to provide an environment conducive to discourse and analysis is the reason that the English speaking world is so bad at BlazBlue.

Yeah, I don't know the details but Lambda-11 is gone, Nu-13 is back.

Rhapsody

Banned
Trying to finally get through BB's story before CP comes out. I took a look at the story menu in Extend and saw that you can start at Calamity Trigger. Does this start at the beginning of the story or after? I played the intro movie it provided and it was so damn confusing...I don't know if it was done purposefully or if there's a part of the story that's already been told...
From what I remember hearing, it's a streamlined quick version of CT's story. And yes, BB's story as a whole is confusing, so don't worry.
Are we calling her Nu again? I don't know how the plot works.
It's Nu in this one.

Yeah, DL is pretty bad on discussions, luckily some character boards are nice and helpful.
Everywhere else is pretty awful though. Anything in the Generals portion feels like I walked into smashboards. :/

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
How viable is Bullet? I dig her playstyle and design.

Rhapsody

Banned
How viable is Bullet? I dig her playstyle and design.
IMO, everyone's viable. So just choose whoever. She's not the best, but she isn't at the bottom either if that helps.
So pretty much it's ok damage and fair share of bad matchups.
Thanks for the replies.

Is there a current tier list for this game?
No, there's just opinions floating about between Japanese players on who's strong and who's on the weaker side.

In no order, the strong ones are Tao, Litchi, Hazama, Valk, Rachel, Hakumen, Jin, and Relius.
IMO, the first 4 listed are the top 4. Of course things change, and this is just my opinion from videos and Japanese players.

I've heard bad things about shoryuken's forums as well.

I use dustloop just as a resource though. NeoGAF is fine I think for civil discussion about fighting game mechanics.

I actually wanted to ask if you knew anything about this?

In this clip when the Noel player starts up a 5C and Valk immediately counters with a DD, however the Noel player somehow cancelled it into a barrier block. Is this something like a kara cancel with Tager where the first few frames of a jump can be cancelled with his Tager Buster or is it something else?

antibolo

Banned
Asian release has an English option, yes. The story will still be in japanese though. I think it's only the menu's and written stuff that are in english

I'd like some more info about this, will *all* in-game written text be available in English? If so then I'm definitely importing, I always play with the Japanese voices anyway so no point in waiting for NA release.

Rhapsody

Banned
I've heard bad things about shoryuken's forums as well.

I use dustloop just as a resource though. NeoGAF is fine I think for civil discussion about fighting game mechanics.

I actually wanted to ask if you knew anything about this?

In this clip when the Noel player starts up a 5C and Valk immediately counters with a DD, however the Noel player somehow cancelled it into a barrier block. Is this something like a kara cancel with Tager where the first few frames of a jump can be cancelled with his Tager Buster or is it something else?
It was just a kara cancel into barrier like you said. So before 5C's active frames came out, she was able to barrier during the super flash.

Edit: While I'm at it, what more Noel players should do is kara throw when they want to throw. Doing a kara off of 6B gives her good range for it.
I'd like some more info about this, will *all* in-game written text be available in English? If so then I'm definitely importing, I always play with the Japanese voices anyway so no point in waiting for NA release.
At best, you can hope for english menus. I think there have been times when PA has stated the Asian version will have english text, but it isn't always accurate until after release.
So who knows if the game will really have it before release date.

Onemic

bullet is fish. In other words, that means she sucks. Too gimmicky. She's in terrible tier along with Izayoi and amane.

Also, 6 MORE DAYS GET HYPE!

Izayoi in dat terrible tier? Won't stop me!

What makes her bad btw? I was on DS and they said it's mainly due to not enough people playing her and her movement which takes getting used to.

antibolo

Banned
I guess I'll wait until the Asia version is out and in people's hands before going for it. Unless it's fully translated (excluding voices), I'll suck it up and wait 6 months. I don't want to miss anything, but I don't want to have to buy it twice either.

(Ugh that's the annoying thing about these Asian releases, it's always unclear what language options are there prior to release.)

Rhapsody

Banned
Izayoi in dat terrible tier? Won't stop me!

What makes her bad btw? I was on DS and they said it's mainly due to not enough people playing her and her movement which takes getting used to.

She's not bad. It's just other characters are lots better. Her normals are ok, but for a character that uses resources, it feels like she doesn't get as much damage as she should. She probably has more potential to discover though.

It was just a kara cancel into barrier like you said. So before 5C's active frames came out, she was able to barrier during the super flash.

Edit: While I'm at it, what more Noel players should do is kara throw when they want to throw. Doing a kara off of 6B gives her good range for it.

I'll have to try that out. It looks like the timing is really strict but that shouldn't be too much of an issue with an arcade stick.

RoeBear

I don't know why everyone is getting so hung up on tier lists. If you're proficient with the character you want to play, as tiers aren't going to matter. Goro is proof of that with Makoto. Izayoi isn't terrible, it's that she relies more on gimmicks than solid play like Jin and Hakumen. If people are just looking for someone easy to learn and solid just play Azreal most everyone is saying he's really easy and pretty safe with his dashes.

cj_iwakura

Bet you'll be confused about why Litchi and Hazama are buddies now.

And DL has its flaws, but the character boards gave me some solid Tsubaki help.

I don't know why everyone is getting so hung up on tier lists. If you're proficient with the character you want to play, as tiers aren't going to matter. Goro is proof of that with Makoto. Izayoi isn't terrible, it's that she relies more on gimmicks than solid play like Jin and Hakumen. If people are just looking for someone easy to learn and solid just play Azreal most everyone is saying he's really easy and pretty safe with his dashes.

I think people are just curious. I doubt anyone will seriously choose their main based on a tier list. At least I've never chosen a character based on that.

Even in a highly competitive environment it's down to how you react and what you do in a match that will determine victory.

Even if some characters do lower damage in comparison to others it doesn't guarantee anything.

I feel like I'm saying a lot of things that are obvious but I think it's good to mention them anyway, just to put it on the table.

FluxWaveZ

Even in a highly competitive environment it's down to how you react and what you do in a match that will determine victory.

I wouldn't downplay tiers that much when it comes to character relevance in competitive play. Still tier lists matter very little outside of high level play and I would think it'd be too early to come to conclusions, but the game's been out in Japanese arcades for a while, huh.

All I know is it's gonna be fun literally stomping people with Terumi.

Top Bottom