• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

antibolo

Banned
Also, OP could mention the remixed OST and return of glorious CT-style art(I hated CS' portraits so much.)

The new portraits aren't that great, whoever drew them clearly went too far with the boobage, which makes the game hard to take seriously, it looks like a h-doujin of itself. It's already hard enough to sell this game to Western fighting game players without them rolling their eyes and saying "lol anime", and this does not help.

Nyoro SF

The new portraits aren't that great, whoever drew them clearly went too far with the boobage, which makes the game hard to take seriously, it looks like a h-doujin of itself.

Uh... you took Blazblue character designs seriously?

The new designs definitely look a lot better, though I'm sure the boobs were drawn more prominently upon special request, lol

antibolo

Banned
No one plays 360 in Japan.

Furthermore I also suspect that ArcSys has grown tired of Microsoft's retarded policies and decided it wasn't worth it anymore considering how niche their games are to the foreign audience.

It's rumoured that the reason Continuum Shift Extend was a standalone game instead of a DLC update is because they had already pushed too much new content on the original CS and reached the limits of how much new content Microsoft allows to push for a single game.

They also only announced Guilty Gear Xrd for PS3 and PS4 so far, so it looks like it's going to continue that way forward.

The new portraits aren't that great, whoever drew them clearly went too far with the boobage, which makes the game hard to take seriously, it looks like a h-doujin of itself. It's already hard enough to sell this game to Western fighting game players without them rolling their eyes and saying "lol anime", and this does not help.

Makoto looks like she's busting out of her top but that's pretty much it. I'm pretty sure the people who say "lol anime" to BB/GG are the kind of people who hate anything that isn't street fighter or mahvel. :p
/s

Onemic

Furthermore I also suspect that ArcSys has grown tired of Microsoft's retarded policies and decided it wasn't worth it anymore considering how niche their games are to the foreign audience.

It's rumoured that the reason Continuum Shift Extend was a standalone game instead of a DLC update is because they had already pushed too much new content on the original CS and reached the limits of how much new content Microsoft allows to push for a single game.

They also only announced Guilty Gear Xrd for PS3 and PS4 so far, so it looks like it's going to continue that way forward.

Also, no one really bought the 360 version anywhere either. It's not limited to only Japan. The 360 community for arcsys titles are always pretty much non-existent

Onemic

I can only hope that my PA order goes through and they don't either double charge me or straight up not ship my order.

Onemic

I've used Play-Asia before and I've never had that happen before. As long as the money is on your card you should be fine for whenever they charge you.

Well, right now the order is still showing up as being prepared and under order details, it is still saying that my order has yet to be paid for even though I paid the entire amount through paypal yesterday.

Rhapsody

Banned

Yeah, I honestly prefer the novels/CS art over the CT/CP art. Mori's the one that did this art and his style just seems less refined and polished.
Also the belly of the girls in these portraits just look a bit odd.

RoeBear

I don't really care one way or another about the art. I'm just glad it won't be the same network music and vs intro music anymore. It's been the same since CT.

cj_iwakura

They finally changed that? Thank god. What is it now?

Also, CT/CP's art is just crisper, for lack of a better word. I don't like the dynamic look for CS, or how everyone looks so serious.

It even hides Tao's smile!

Well, right now the order is still showing up as being prepared and under order details, it is still saying that my order has yet to be paid for even though I paid the entire amount through paypal yesterday.

Here's what it says on mine.

We may have obtained authorization from your bank to collect funds on shipping date. Some banks list this as a deduction in your balance however it is not. Please make sure enough funds are available to ensure smooth shipping in any case.

If you had enough money in the account you should be fine. I'd wait till it ships and see what happens then. Your order should update on or before the 24th.

I don't really care one way or another about the art. I'm just glad it won't be the same network music and vs intro music anymore. It's been the same since CT.

I like Nu's theme, but it was getting kind of old over 3 games (as the network BGM). The new network/intro music plus all the remixed themes and the new character themes should spice things up a bit.

Onemic

Here's what it says on mine.

If you had enough money in the account you should be fine. I'd wait till it ships and see what happens then. Your order should update on or before the 24th.

Emailed them and they said it was fine. Updated my status too. Here's to hoping that they somehow ship it early so I get it a day before its official release.

Just wondering, did news of Mu-12's inclusion in CS break before the game released?

I'm wondering if Arc has a surprise for us since in their latest trailer before the music box stops you can see an image of what looks like a
Murakumo unit with what seems to be black wings extending from its back. The colour scheme seems to indicate Saya (or first BIPFD). This is the same thing RoeBear posted a couple pages back now that I remember. Calling it now, α-1 secret unlock after beating the True Ending.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah, Mu was shown before release. I recall Mori doing a little video that showed how she played and such.
A good reason for showing her was because CS console had no other new characters at launch.

Still crossing my fingers for Saya as the hidden boss.

RoeBear

Yeah, Mu was shown before release. I recall Mori doing a little video that showed how she played and such.
A good reason for showing her was because CS console had no other new characters at launch.

Still crossing my fingers for Saya as the hidden boss.

I just read something that mentioned that Mu might have been revealed before launch because of the leaked version of the arcade game getting onto the internet. It could still be possible for there to be Saya in the game since there was no giant leak of the game this time. It would be a huge letdown for me if they just show an image of a character like Saya with no playability.

Westlo

Yeah not like we see Cammy's (lack of) ass all the time in SFIV or Morrigan's bouncing tits victory pose/screen when Chris G wins with her. The game is going to be considered "animay" anyway, doesn't matter if the girls were wearing winter clothing or nothing at all but ribbons.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just read something that mentioned that Mu might have been revealed before launch because of the leaked version of the arcade game getting onto the internet. It could still be possible for there to be Saya in the game since there was no giant leak of the game this time. It would be a huge letdown for me if they just show an image of a character like Saya with no playability.

That's a good point, I forgot about that. Regardless, I'm pleasantly surprised at how many characters we got this time around.
I was definitely wrong in thinking we'd get only 2 console characters.

Tu101uk

Oh-ho... PSN version now has Terumi DLC, huh?

Cancelling physical preorder... ;3 Getting it for slightly cheaper, without the customs charges and day-and-date release? Yes, please. I'll just get a physical copy once it is (eventually) released in the EU...

Hmm..not sure about that. Westerners seem to love Mortal Kombat 9 and that seemingly has more boobage than BlazBlue ever had. Then again, MK9 isn't anywhere remotely close to anime looking though.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Maining: Izayoi and Jin
Sub: Tsubaki and maybe Terumi or Kagura if I like either of them

Good amount of diversity so far. BB has come pretty far compared to CT where you only had 12 characters to choose from.

BULLET MAIN

btw would anyone want a playerlist? i assume most people here know each other already since it seems like it's everyone from the other BB thread

The only people I recognize are from P4:AGAF so a playerlist would be nice. Of course soliciting matches in the thread is a good way to get to know people as well.

FluxWaveZ

Heavily leaning towards maining Terumi. Everything about him is just too great and stomping people would never not feel satisfying as hell.

If not, Carl.

Tu101uk

Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
This for me too. Unfortunately I don't usually pick up more than one character at a time with fighting games. Might check out Amane though, or try some of the other characters I've used briefly in the past (Arakune/Makoto)...

ApolloJoh

Main: Fugu
Sub: Hakumen, Ragna, Izayoi(?)/Tsubaki(?)

Want to play a new character but if I end up not liking Izayoi too much I'll try out Tsubaki again.

Though if Tsubaki's an issue, I'll just stick with my CT peeps.

Top Bottom