• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B- Bodak Yellow now the #1 Song in America (Billboard Hot 100)

Anyone can listen to the standing President talk about grabbing pussies and a whole lot of other gang shit, but "music like this" normalizes aggression and violent behavior... FOH

Ummm, excuse me? Do you not care about the damage this vile songstress is doing to our young females out here???

Happy for Cardi B. I don't really fuck with the BX but I'm happy someone from NY is doing their thing, especially a West Indian chick!

The negative posts are to be expected on a gaming forum.

Strippers singing now. Whatever. ABC hip-hop just like the last flavor of the day Iggy Azalea.
The whole point of the track is that she's done doing that stripping thing but whatever, do your thing boo. Keep hating on success.

Happy for Cardi B. I don't really fuck with the BX but I'm happy someone from NY is doing their thing, especially a West Indian chick!

The whole point of the track is that she's done doing that stripping thing but whatever, do your thing boo. Keep hating on success.

Don't forget she's Dominican too fam! That platano power! She's trying to speak Spanish more nowadays.. I mean hell she did a Spanglish ver lol

Negative posts I mean some people here are from a different walk of life so it's a bit shocking to some at times.

I hate the "won't somebody think of the children" mentality, but don't you think music like this normalizes aggressiveness and violent behavior? I like my dumb and sexy songs, that's ok, but maaan, this is the No1 single in america and I don't see the positive side here.

Old man yells at cloud I suppose.
It's not the words, it's the message. I don't think you'd be calm and collected if your daughter came home saying how that sad bitch Cindy is not fucking with her anymore at her school.

I take it you only play "E for Everyone" games right?

I take it you only play "E for Everyone" games right?

You wrong for that fam lol

HTTP3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcmFwZ2VuaXVzLzEzNzU3MzU5NDVfYmxhY2stZ3V5LWxhdWdoaW5nLW9uLWJvYXQtZ2lmLmdpZgloglog.gif

It's not the words, it's the message. I don't think you'd be calm and collected if your daughter came home saying how that sad bitch Cindy is not fucking with her anymore at her school.

I'd probably explain to her that the way you say something matters, but I'm not going to give her some scolding about "bad words." I also don't think music would be responsible for my child's behavior more than my parenting as long as I'm making a point to be engaged in their life and supportive. Speaking from my own upbringing, I only relied on music for guidance when I felt I couldn't expect it from my parents.

strippers aren't people, dork

Strippers don't have anything to say or write about?

Why is that a problem?

Im a guy. But thanks boo.

We got a stripper defense force? No, I don't care about what dumb people have to say. Sideshow. How is she different from Iggy?

We got a stripper defense force? No, I don't care about what dumb people have to say. Sideshow. How is she different from Iggy?

I think it's a your-job-doesn't-make-you-subhuman defense force more than anything. Not sure why a person's prior profession would ever preclude them from a music career. Maybe she should have made sure to pass the BAR and serve 10 years as a successful defense attorney before dropping her first mixtape so everyone's expectations are satisfied 🙃

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I might just feel on your babe, my pussy feel like a lake
He wanna swim with his face, I'm like, "Okay"

This song pops, I hope it becomes a hit over here

LordKasual

Banned

As hilarious as this would be, this is where your role as a parent comes into play. Because the way you handle that would determine how she would handle its exposure in the future.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm not even lying or trying to diss, I thought that poster was a lesbian woman the way they spoke for woman

even worse opinion coming from a dude lol
Yes I am lesbian, and if some man were to say what I said I would tell him off.
Strippers singing now. Whatever. ABC hip-hop just like the last flavor of the day Iggy Azalea.
Lol are you serious? Cardi B actually has a story to tell, and is not some white Australian girl appropriating music while also being a racist.
as a not self-respecting female, i enjoy this song

oops
Good for you I guess?

And now we associating stripping with being dumb...how old are you?

Don't forget she's Dominican too fam! That platano power! She's trying to speak Spanish more nowadays.. I mean hell she did a Spanglish ver lol

Negative posts I mean some people here are from a different walk of life so it's a bit shocking to some at times.
Oh, I ain't forget! West Indian includes DR! I did hear that Spanglish version and I'm glad it's out there lmao.

Telling me like I wasn't aware. :)

Why is her being a former stripper a problem? We have artists that have done far worse in the industry yet being a former stripper is somehow reprehensible?

HiiiLife

god the chicks went crazy for this track the last party I went to this past Friday.

With the amount of scumbags in entertainment we shaming strippers? Lol. Gaf stays bottom tier.

amaretto

The elitism and moral high ground GAF takes when in regards to music is always so surprising.

Threads like this are always the same. People complain about how a popular song is trash/they don’t get it (and simultaneously treating their OPINION as fact), more people come in and laugh at the elitism, rinse and repeat.

But on the real y’all need to google shit. This who?! thing just immediately paints you as a dumbass. You’re on a gaming forum in 2017, don’t act brand new.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Y'all weird. Why y'all can't just dislike a song without insulting the listeners of it or someone's past etc
I probably went a little bit to far and probably shouldn’t have said it, especially since I’m probably wrong. I’m just in a sour mood.

Yes I am lesbian, and if some man were to say what I said I would tell him off.

Lol are you serious? Cardi B actually has a story to tell, and is not some white Australian girl appropriating music while also being a racist.

Good for you I guess?

And now we associating stripping with being dumb...how old are you?

She's a former Blood. She was fired from the Supermarket and became a stripper. If she wasn't cute yall would give two shits what she had to say. She got breast implants. She got ass implants. Let's be real. You can like her. Let's not pretend she's got some deep message. I don't like her. We can disagree. It's all good.

LordKasual

Banned
How is she different from Iggy?

she's looking like basically the opposite of Iggy.

Iggy got popular off her looks and a few mixtapes, threw in rap, and got destroyed by her haters and apparent inauthenticity, being an outsider to the actual culture.

Cardi got popular off her authenticity, threw in rap, has upgraded her looks and now is pretty much at the top. She was basically molded from the actual culture.

On the other hand, Iggy and Desiigner have never been particularly good from a lyrical standpoint. Now, I have always defended Iggy, when people would knock her for being a trash lyricist. And nobody would ever have shit to say when i'd ask how they'd be okay with talk/mumble rap but have a problem with Iggy.

Cardi on the other hand, she obviously makes stripclub music but i'll be damned if she doesn't actually have bars better than most of the popular artists on the radio today.

She's a former Blood. She was fired from the Supermarket and became a stripper. If she wasn't cute yall would give two shits what she had to say. She got breast implants. She got ass implants. Let's be real. You can like her. Let's not pretend she's got some deep message. I don't like her. We can disagree. It's all good.

Cardi has never given off the impression that she has a deep message to send, she's hilariously open about how shallow she is

XBP

I was getting it in my suggestions and for some reason I thought it was by Kodak black. Listened to it and yep, it's a banger. And now I can't stop listening to it.

Top Bottom