• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

@detroitnews 11m11 minutes ago
#BREAKING AD Jim Hackett leaving job soon @umichfootball, sources say http://detne.ws/1XEWRR7

I thought he was earning the job with Harbaugh's hiring? What happened?

Will Grier has left Florida.

Inside Sources said this.

Well.. That's interesting..

The real question is where will Mack Brown be coaching next year

Texas

As bad as this 4-8 season has been, whenever I see the "Miss Me Yet?" meme photo of Mack Brown I cringe hard. I'm glad he's gone from our program, but his shit still lingers.

I hear you.

Lunar15

Will Grier has left Florida.

Inside Sources said this.

Wow, that's pretty nuts. I'm actually kind of unsure as to why he'd do this. Did he think he'd be overshadowed by new talent coming in that could start the whole year?

Although, this puts us courting Eason into a new light, especially since we just flipped the LSU commit.

andycapps

Wow, that's pretty nuts. I'm actually kind of unsure as to why he'd do this. Did he think he'd be overshadowed by new talent coming in that could start the whole year?

Although, this puts us courting Eason into a new light, especially since we just flipped the LSU commit.
Eason isn't going there unless UGA goes with a non pro-style offense, and even then he may stick. He's been committed for two years and been to UGA many times. He's been to UF once. He knows and has been responsible for tons of guys coming to UGA, including his good friend and likely future LT, Ben Cleveland. Cleveland has said he's fully committed to UGA regardless of the coach.

Like I said, barring anything crazy, Eason is still UGA bound.

Lunar15

Eason isn't going there unless UGA goes with a non pro-style offense, and even then he may stick. He's been committed for two years and been to UGA many times. He's been to UF once. He knows and has been responsible for tons of guys coming to UGA, including his good friend and likely future LT, Ben Cleveland. Cleveland has said he's fully committed to UGA regardless of the coach.

Like I said, barring anything crazy, Eason is still UGA bound.

I'm not so sure. Us courting Eason so quickly after getting Franks is... actually kind of disrespectful to Franks, so I'm not sure we'd do it without considering it could tick him off.

andycapps

I'm not so sure. Us courting Eason so quickly after getting Franks is... actually kind of disrespectful to Franks, so I'm not sure we'd do it without considering it could tick him off.
I'm not saying Florida doesn't want him, I'm saying he's not flipping right now. Florida is his backup plan.

It is disrespectful to Franks, but Eason is a better QB so if he wanted to do an official of course they're going to be okay with that.

UNC at 10, dont think a win can put them in the top 4

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

squicken

Pretty much confirms OSU as first alternate. Clemson or Alabama slip and they are in

Michigan beat Northwestern pretty badly if I recall, though I am sure there are all sorts of weird things on the rankings like that

I dunno I wouldn't be too surprised if Stanford randomly jumped Ohio State.

So, what happens if Florida>Alabama, UNC>Clemson, Stanford>USC?

So what happens if UNC beats Clemson, and Florida beats Bama (lol), and USC beats Stanford? Who gets in then?

I don't think UNC would jump from tenth to fourth, but I also don't think Clemson or the loser of MSU/Iowa stays in. USC definitely isn't jumping from 20th to 4th. Is it Notre Dame?

Shit, it's going to be Notre Dame.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So what happens if UNC beats Clemson, and Florida beats Bama (lol), and USC beats Stanford? Who gets in then?

I don't think UNC would jump from tenth to fourth, but I also don't think Clemson or the loser of MSU/Iowa stays in. USC definitely isn't jumping from 20th to 4th. Is it Notre Dame?

Shit, it's going to be Notre Dame.

UNC is 10th because they think they have little shot against Clemson.

They could absolutely jump 6 places if they beat Clemson.

Kusagari

If the committee had any respect for UNC they would be above 2 loss teams like FSU. The schedule they had was shit and they lost to a team that lost to Citadel.

I seriously think OSU gets in if UNC wins. The only exception is if UNC beats Clemson very convincingly. Like by 2+ TDs.

squicken

UNC doesn't have any strong wins, otherwise, though. OU lost to Texas but has 4 wins vs top 25 teams to make up for it. UNC, if it beats Clemson, just has that win. And I think those FCS games don't sit well

DominoKid

they wouldn't put us in the top 4 if we won 50-0 on saturday and a bunch of teams in front of us lose. the committee just decided they aren't fucking with us and it was easy to see from the start.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If the committee were smart, they would meet once a year--the Sunday after championship Saturday--and just announce one, final poll.

Jeff long is such a scmuck, dodging questions and what not. Literally no better off than when the magical computers were deciding

at least the computers didn't change up their criteria depending on what they wanted to argue that day

also just because

B1G: 5 (Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State, Northwestern, Michigan)
SEC: 5 (Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, LSU, Tennessee)
Big 12: 4 (Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State)
Pac-12: 4 (Stanford, Oregon, USC, Utah)
ACC: 3 (Clemson, Florida State, UNC)
AAC: 3 (Houston, Temple, Navy)
Other: 1 (Notre Dame)

Balphon

Given the apparent weight the committee placed on conference championships last year, OSU shouldn't get in over either an ACC champ UNC or a 1-loss Clemson.

They probably would, though. Because precedent is for suckers.

DominoKid

Given the apparent weight the committee placed on conference championships last year. OSU shouldn't get in over either an ACC champ UNC or a 1-loss Clemson.

they definitely would because the committee can make whatever argument they want to justify their bs.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
at least the computers didn't change up their criteria depending on what they wanted to argue that day

also just because

B1G: 5 (Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State, Northwestern, Michigan)
SEC: 5 (Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, LSU, Tennessee)
Big 12: 4 (Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State)
Pac-12: 4 (Stanford, Oregon, USC, Utah)
ACC: 3 (Clemson, Florida State, UNC)
AAC: 3 (Houston, Temple, Navy)
Other: 1 (Notre Dame)
So you're saying that Bama has 2 wins over top 25 teams, with the possibility of a third, while Ohio State only has 1 win over a top 25 team? How is this possible?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

also just because

B1G: 5 (Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State, Northwestern, Michigan) - Iowa does not get a chance to play OSUn or Michigan, MSUn doesn't get a chance to play NW, Michigan did not play Iowa, OSUn doesn't get a chance to play Iowa or NW, NW didn't play OSUn or Michigan State.

SEC: 5 (Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, LSU, Tennessee) - Alabama and Florida will play everyone, Ole Miss didn't play against Tennessee, LSU didn't play against Tennessee, and Tennessee didn't play Ole Miss or LSU.

Big 12: 4 (Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State) - Everyone plays everyone, but they all played happily winless Kansas.

Pac-12: 4 (Stanford, Oregon, USC, Utah) - Oregon and USC will play everyone, Stanford didn't play against Utah, and Utah didn't play Stanford. Stanford and USC will play twice!

ACC: 3 (Clemson, Florida State, UNC) Clemson will have played both of the other teams, UNC will play Clemson, and FSU has played Clemson

AAC: 3 (Houston, Temple, Navy) - HarrisonFordWhoGivesAShit.gif

Other: 1 (Notre Dame) -
zFuYBn7.jpg

Just looking to see who played the other ranked teams in their conferences.

mre said:
So you're saying that Bama has 2 wins over top 25 teams, with the possibility of a third, while Ohio State only has 1 win over a top 25 team? How is this possible?

Lonestar said:
Just looking to see who played the other ranked teams in their conferences.

Man, you guys are defensive as all hell lately.

If the committee were smart, they would meet once a year--the Sunday after championship Saturday--and just announce one, final poll.

And give up all the money and perpetual news cycle drama that a weekly poll create? As if.

NCAA Football is almost as good as the NFL at keeping itself in the news every day of the week.

MIMIC

Banned
Given the apparent weight the committee placed on conference championships last year, OSU shouldn't get in over either an ACC champ UNC or a 1-loss Clemson.

I honestly felt that the committee gave additional weight to the manner in which Ohio St. won, not just the fact that they won the conference title.

But if UNC wins, we shall see.

Top Bottom