• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
http://i.imgur.com/8hBNudQ.png[/im]

[URL="http://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com"]Have fun![/URL]

Edit:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nAjxgan.png[/im]

We're #1! We're #1! We're #1! We're #1![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6SfC9lq.png

Xxzo597.gif

andycapps

Update from Eason's coach. Pretty certain UGA is still the place, like I was saying earlier.

“Tell those folks in Georgia to put the razor blades away,” Tri told DawgNation. “He’s a Georgia Bulldog right now and once the school gets their new head coach in place and Jacob and his family get to meet him, I don’t really see him wavering too much.”

Balphon

I honestly felt that the committee gave additional weight to the manner in which Ohio St. won, not just the fact that they won the conference title.

But if UNC wins, we shall see.

Would certainly blow apart the notion that conference championships matter and early losses don't.

Though I think it's fairly obvious at this point that the committee is just going to do whatever the hell it feels like at the end of the day.

Also, Clemson is probably going to wreck UNC anyway.

Oklahoma's enjoying their 3rd spot a week before the final selection.

"That used to be us!" -TCU

Oklahoma isn't playing this weekend though.

That's the secret!

cdyhybrid

Georgia should hire Jonathan Smith, with Brent Pease as OC. They are up and coming offensive minds, and will mold Eason in their image.

Does unc beat Clemson in your scenario? If so, they get in if Stanford loses.

I wouldn't count on that and I say that by what Jeff said about conference championships only coming into play if they are needed and blah blah blah. I feel they think OSU is better than UNC and a win over Clemson won't change that.

cdyhybrid

Sorry Saban, you missed out on the greatest job in America - head football coach for the University of Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors.

Bows legend Nick Rolovich beat you to the punch.

andycapps

Smart to UGA is all but official. AJC/Dawgnation is reporting this so that means they've heard from multiple sources, they're not a $9.95 site.

Announcement will be sometime after SECCG.

Expected to retain at least Tracy Rocker. Maybe he'll be the DC?

Edit: Beaten

Football Scoop is reporting the same.

Jesus, you people must not get the internet in Ohio. We've hired Tim Tebow.

I don't live in Ohio and Alabama of all states should not be talking about internet access when 20% of residents in Alabama do not have a computer at home..

Y'all should have hired Lane Kiffin.

andycapps

Pruitt isn't going to be retained, Football Scoop is reporting Bama is targeting him for DC.

Smart wants Muschamp as DC but that isn't a done deal. They'd have to put him through some serious anger management classes.

andycapps

My biggest concern about losing Smart is focus against Florida and during the playoff. Next season will bring what it brings.

wat
Check my edit. Changed the wording to match Football Scoop. The word is "targeting" but we all know that if Saban wants Pruitt he'll get him back. Pruitt still likes him a lot.

Kirby Smart will be Georgia’s next head coach. The AJC has just reported that and FootballScoop has been told the same. Sources tell FootballScoop that Jeremy Pruitt will not be retained and is expected to be targeted by Alabama to fill Smart’s position. We have been told that Smart hopes to bring Will Muschamp as his defensive coordinator however this is not a done deal.

Dsyndrome

So is the Fiesta Bowl just going to be "Fuck You" back and forth between half of CFB GAF and the two ND people if that ends up being the case? At least we're not in the carousel now, I guess.

andycapps

wait, what? I thought he burned bridges when he left?

Also, I guess he burned any potential bridges here forcing the issue on the practice facility.
The practice facility and apparently being pretty brash with members of the administration behind the scenes. Basically, I don't think he's used to the bureaucracy at Georgia. I hope Smart can get some of that eliminated.

andycapps

Football Scoop adding more. Sounds like Smart is bringing some buddies from Bama.

Kirby Smart will be Georgia’s next head coach. The AJC has just reported that and FootballScoop has been told the same. The deal isn’t expected to be final until after the SEC Championship game per source. Sources tell FootballScoop that Jeremy Pruitt will not be retained and is expected to be targeted by Alabama to fill Smart’s position. We have been told that Smart hopes to bring Will Muschamp as his defensive coordinator however this is not a done deal (ole Muschamp might have other things working…). We wrote earlier in the day about Glen Schumann. Georgia fans, get to know him. He’s coming…unless Nick does something BIG. We are told to expect Alabama strength coach Scott Cochran to come with Smart to Georgia. More on the pending hire here.

Word from Smart in 2010 when this almost happened was that the holdup then was that he wanted full autonomy. So we shall see. I doubt that they would publicize that kind of thing. You'd just start to see the staff size continue to expand. Richt and Pruitt did get that really ramped up last year.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So Saban may get fired now...

But in all seriousness.. That's all he will be left with? Jeez.. There's poaching and there's a raid.. This will be a freaking raid.

Nah, I don't know what all the rumors are actually pointing at. But those are his "questionable" coaches.

I actually thought some rumors had Cristobal leaving, not sure that's because he was targeted or because he was hoping for another HC position.

I also don't doubt Saban could put a good staff together to replace everyone he loses but it might take a season to get it all to gel.

andycapps

Bama will be fine in the long run. They can get whatever coaches they want. What may hurt them is Smart leaving and bringing some commitments with him to UGA to his new and exciting staff.

Or getting kids that were deciding between UGA and Bama. There are always a few.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So Saban may get fired now...

But in all seriousness.. That's all he will be left with? Jeez.. There's poaching and there's a raid.. This will be a freaking raid.
No, that's not all we'll be left with. Tosh Lupoi, Bo Davis, and Mel Tucker are a few that haven't been mentioned as "possibly maybe potentially" going with Smart. Losing Cochran would hurt. Losing Napier could also hurt, but I'm not sure he has any other ties to Smart other than the past 2-3 years together on Alabama's staff.

Nah, I don't know what all the rumors are actually pointing at. But those are his "questionable" coaches.

I actually thought some rumors had Cristobal leaving, not sure that's because he was targeted or because he was hoping for another HC position.

I also don't doubt Saban could put a good staff together to replace everyone he loses but it might take a season to get it all to gel.

I thought Cristobel was target for Miami job.

But even if they were the problem coaches.. Stability is important. Saban makes it okay, but it's never not an annoyance when coaches leave especially if these rumors are true.

No, that's not all we'll be left with. Tosh Lupoi, Bo Davis, and Mel Tucker are a few that haven't been mentioned as "possibly maybe potentially" going with Smart. Losing Cochran would hurt. Losing Napier could also hurt, but I'm not sure he has any other ties to Smart other than the past 2-3 years together on Alabama's staff.

It still sucks though. I'm sure he will be fine.. But it's still an annoyance.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Smart for Pruitt doesn't seem disastrous if that is the tradeoff.

Sucks for this kind of shakeup to happen to a team heading into a likely playoff berth though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yeah, people calling this a raid, but this is just another offseason. Think the only ones that have been here the whole time was Smart, Williams and Cochran. Maybe this other guy who I honestly never heard of, this secret guy who can translate the Sabanisms!

Top Bottom