• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

jbug617

Banned
I'm baffled that there are 3 streams running 12 hours a day for literally 7 days in a row. Seems to me it would be smarter to design the format of the show for more concentrated action and entertainment. Tons of dull down-time seems inevitable.

Not every stream will be up at the same time.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm baffled that there are 3 streams running 12 hours a day for literally 7 days in a row. Seems to me it would be smarter to design the format of the show for more concentrated action and entertainment. Long stretches of dull down-time seem inevitable.

I guess they were going for more of a "Big Brother" type of show.

I would have assumed that the stream in the daytime would be just them practicing for like, 8 hours a day, and then at night Capcom holds a nightly event with them doing different shit. Y'know, like reality shows.

AM I WRONG? :<

jbug617

Banned
Wednesday Schedule (PST)
0900am-1000am Morning Show
1000am-1015am Intermission
1030am-1200pm Round Robin Tourney
1200pm-100pm Lunch Live
100pm-145pm Cross Breakdown w Max
145pm-200pm Intermission
200pm-230pm Co-op challenge
230pm-330pm Ask a Developer
330pm-350pm Coach Talk
350pm-400pm Intermission
400pm-430pm Combo Challenge
430pm-500pm Coach Practice
500pm-630pm Coach Challenge
630pm-700pm Elimination Match
700pm-730pm Salt Mines Interview

Looks like I won't miss anything important tomorrow during work.

I wish we could get raw Aris instead of the ESPN counterpart. We'll see what the full damage is tomorrow though.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I think either him, or Sub Zero. It depends how well (and quickly) they can adapt to something that isn't 3rd Strike

Yeah for sure, I said Renic because I haven't seen DrSubZero play anything modern, so I have no metric to judge his skill. Renic on the other hand has been posting videos of his online play and hes definitely not great.

Edit: James and David discussing the show www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rooting for Team SF. Particularly NJ.

But, Team Tekken is too good on paper. It's like Ordinary Joes vs Global Jim. Alex Valle is Vince Vaughn and Aris is Ben Stiller.

Yeah, that is pretty much validates what I was saying before about the lack of top SFIV players. This game has Tekken elements, but it's pretty clearly more SFIV than anything else. As such the Tekken Team resumes are more stacked to go for the most even playing field.

I don't know near enough Tekken to make a good guess about what will happen, but I'm thinking that 200yen might to really well for Team Tekken. He has a serious SFIV resume and having a reputation as a cheap, do what it takes to win (at least as described on the Unity blog) seems like a good thing to have when figuring out a new game system.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Updated the OT with the schedule.

I wonder if someone gets eliminated today do they have to go home or can they stay around and bullshit? it would really suck to put a week on hold only to be eliminated the first day and sent home lol

Bizazedo

Wednesday Schedule (PST)
0900am-1000am Morning Show
1000am-1015am Intermission
1030am-1200pm Round Robin Tourney
1200pm-100pm Lunch Live
100pm-145pm Cross Breakdown w Max
145pm-200pm Intermission
200pm-230pm Co-op challenge
230pm-330pm Ask a Developer
330pm-350pm Coach Talk
350pm-400pm Intermission
400pm-430pm Combo Challenge
430pm-500pm Coach Practice
500pm-630pm Coach Challenge
630pm-700pm Elimination Match
700pm-730pm Salt Mines Interview

I have no idea why the bolded cracks me up so much.

"Sherry goes for the peanut butter WITH AUTHORITY."

obligatory "AaaaaaAAAaah"

eSports....Sports....Sports....Sports....Sports
ibp4Tjkfixvub5.gif

Top Bottom