• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA giving out free game on Origin (Spore, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: BC2)

Eusis

396466_10150617730022813_595737812_11002490_1885037166_n.jpg
It's widely accepted that if someone's an "American" they mean a citizen of the USA, and about anything else is too unwieldy to say. I do try to say USA or NA depending on which IS more appropriate too, as there's less excuse there.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
No E-Mail here in the UK, and I've actually bought games from Origin directly, no fair!

Eusis

Has anyone who had notifications disabled an reenabled them gotten the promo? Or contacted EA for the promo?

CradleOfFilth

Neo Member
I was in the promo email thing, i'm reside in Canada, and never received the freaking email, not even in junk mail.

The support tell me they can't provide me support because it's generated automaticly. YEah right haha

Any digital distribution can generate or add a game to an account.

VALVe having damm slow support but they are still way more supporting into thje issues.

I guess i'll cross my fingers to receive a free code , nearly impossible and i can't find anyone who don't need their code.

I can't find someone who wanted to PM me their code they don't need on another forum so yeah, WAY TO GO EA. They are so liar in their support.

I guess i will never EVER buy any origin games, only if they are free lol. I kinda now regret top have bought Battlefield 3 because of this ridiculous support of EA.

Infinity

I was in the promo email thing, i'm reside in Canada, and never received the freaking email, not even in junk mail.

EA could have made this very simple: If you're a registered EA/Origin member, log in and download one free game of choice - DA, Spore or BFBC2.

Instead, they opted to send these emails out, which of course created problems with people not getting them, not being signed up for the newsletter, not checking Gmail Spam - I could go on and on - which then begs the question - why didn't they just make this easy?

Now, good customers are feeling cheated because they didn't get an email and rightfully so.

kswiston

US citizens are normally called Americans...

I'd bet money he is from either Central or South America. I think they are the only ones who get annoyed when people equate America to USA. I am Canadian and for us American always means "US citizen". I have never met a Canadian who considers themselves an American because we happen to occupy nearly half of North America.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Well, I got nothing and am from the Igloo country.
I bet it has to do with the most active users on Origin.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just noticed something.

I made a request on the Origin site about the invalid code. The date on the site is this:

06/24/12 at 12:44 AM

Which would mean by code is not invalid, it's expired.

But the code expires on June 23rd 10PM PDT, I should still have more than 3 hours.

charsace

My code doesn't work. But it should.
live chat has a 195minute wait time. lol

Its good for steam to have competition, but Origin doesn't seem to be it.

charsace

Like I said, if they go by the time it is on their site, the codes are expired. But they shouldn't be.

Well right now I think EA should decouple their games from the services. Because I had to ask for a code. Went to the site at 10:30 est to get a free game. And instead end up with nothing and chat has a long ass wait time. If they can't handle this I shudder to think how they would screw up with their games.

Ten free games couldn't get me to download Origin. Haven't given EA any money since I experienced their horrid customer support. Refuse to allow Origin to pluck info from my PC.

Top Bottom